Author Topic: Brown out on loan  (Read 5460 times)

youngchubby69

Brown out on loan
« on: February 17, 2017, 07:47:28 PM »
Nat Brown has been farmed out to Hendesford
Sad to say he won't be missed, a waste of good money.
He can confirm them into a contract, and then get a mysterious injury in pre-season and sit on his arse taking the money.
Best decision AM has made this season.

youngchubby69

Re: Brown out on loan
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 07:49:15 PM »
A player that was obviously carried through games by Pidge.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 08:01:24 PM »

Debatable ,  in fact when Brown came in on loan for the final few games to replace Garner and paired up with Pidge  the goals conceded was the best run all season .

There was no mystery about his injury ,  anyone at the Peterborough friendly will tell you he was the victim of a nasty tackle .

youngchubby69

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 08:23:19 PM »
Maybe GHM, but I don't think he has got the passion for it anymore.
Sad though to see him slip backwards, so on reflection my comments may have been harsh.
Will hopefully free up some more money, would like to know the reason behind Brodie departure.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 08:37:02 PM »
Maybe GHM, but I don't think he has got the passion for it anymore.
Sad though to see him slip backwards, so on reflection my comments may have been harsh.
Will hopefully free up some more money, would like to know the reason behind Brodie departure.

One of those situations if Brown had been released at the end of last season the manager would have got some stick .      But a 35 year old is often one injury away from ending his career ,   I think your right the passion has gone .

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 06:53:59 AM »

I agree.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 09:17:58 AM »

I agree.
almost anyone would have looked good with Pidge. He did the work of 3men almost every week. It would be difficult to have a bad game next to him, as he always covered everything across the backline. If the others missed it, you were always more focussed on the good recovery or tackle or clearance from Pidge, rather than poor position or mistakes from others.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:37 AM »

I agree.
almost anyone would have looked good with Pidge. He did the work of 3men almost every week. It would be difficult to have a bad game next to him, as he always covered everything across the backline. If the others missed it, you were always more focussed on the good recovery or tackle or clearance from Pidge, rather than poor position or mistakes from others.

Any ideas then why when Brown came in we stopped conceding so many goals ?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 11:35:27 AM »

I agree.

Agreed and in the home playoff game he didn't lose a header to Denton it hasn't worked for him this season but that's football

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »

I agree.

in the second play off leg at Ferriby he lost Denton for the crucial second goal at a corner and then was out jumped in the build up to the third. Sorry, but for me as stated before I think Pidge carried him. This year when Brown should have been the old pro and leader at the back, he simply couldn't step up and do it. In my opinion, he looked like a man going through the motions to pick up his pay cheque now that he had a contract. He should've have been the rock around which our defence was built, but for me was everything but that, lacking leadership, lacking strength, lacking awareness. I will accept the whole team was struggling, but when you needed the old pro to stand up and lead, he just didn't.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:48:41 PM by The Third Twin »

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2017, 06:03:01 PM »

I agree.

in the second play off leg at Ferriby he lost Denton for the crucial second goal at a corner and then was out jumped in the build up to the third. Sorry, but for me as stated before I think Pidge carried him. This year when Brown should have been the old pro and leader at the back, he simply couldn't step up and do it. In my opinion, he looked like a man going through the motions to pick up his pay cheque now that he had a contract. He should've have been the rock around which our defence was built, but for me was everything but that, lacking leadership, lacking strength, lacking awareness. I will accept the whole team was struggling, but when you needed the old pro to stand up and lead, he just didn't.

Judging him on his post injury performances your assessment is correct .
As stated we conceded less goals with Pidge /Brown partnership than the Pidge /Garner partnership so presumably Garner was an inferior partner to Brown .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2017, 10:04:22 PM »

I agree.

Judging him on his post injury performances your assessment is correct .
As stated we conceded less goals with Pidge /Brown partnership than the Pidge /Garner partnership so presumably Garner was an inferior partner to Brown .
I preferred the Pidge/Mills partnership. For me they complimented each other, and were both capable and comfortable on the ball, not usually an attribute you can use for both centre halves in a Conference North team.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 10:51:16 PM »
was out jumped in the build up to the third
[/quote]

He was elbowed and was laid out on the floor as the goal went in...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/