Author Topic: GREAT win vs Chorley....  (Read 7090 times)

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
GREAT win vs Chorley....
« on: February 14, 2017, 10:34:14 PM »
IMO a much improved performance tonight Vs Chorley....We were unluckly to go in at half time at 0-1 {it seemed like we were playing against 12 men sometimes in the first half}....credit to the ref. though to award us a penalty and from then on we never seemed to look back..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT win vs Chorley....
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:31 PM »
Good contribution from Hawley in his full deput .    And magical mid-field midget Lewis Hilliard worthy winner of MOM.   

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 11:10:27 PM »
entertaining game....
a good  team effort ended up worthy winners

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:11:57 PM »
Trying not to get carried away, but the second half performance must be the best team half of the season, maybe equalled with the Alfreton game. Thought Batch was fantastic. Up the Pilgrims. It'll teach them to moan about "frozen pitches". 5 wins from 5 at home on Tuesday nights this season, can someone rearrange the next couple of Saturdays?!?!?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:20 PM »
I too thought the ref was going to spoil the game,their number 10 made six bad challenges and got warned,another one dived and Johnson got booked . Read earlier that he refereed a game a few weeks back and booked 8 but failed to give a red to Halifax player and both sets of fans booed him off at the end lol

Moving on, what a second half, Hawley did exactly what Brodie didn't. He was a menace to their back line, making himself available,shielding the ball and talking to the players around him,he made a lot of difference second half when we got the ball down and played it to him rather than over his head. Hilliard was a changed man tonight, different player to what he has been most of the season. Superb result and performance.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 12:18:52 AM »
 LH aint that small.. and quite meaty . ;)

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 12:35:00 AM »
brave selection picking the two young full backs but it paid off. both stayed at  home more and gave us more of a solid look

chapman got more influential as the game went on. agree re hawley- did really well. held it up and was a nuisance. unlike brodie gave no free kicks away either. thought robinson ran hilly close for MOM

just heard their gaffer crying about the pen on their twitter. they turned up late for the original game, then he influenced the ref not to play it. this earned them a tuesday night trip and they were late again. not very professional. when he helped get the initial game called off i'm sure i wasn't alone in thinking i hope they get bugger all from us when we do play it so i'm pleased with the win. it was thoroughly deserved based on the second half display. hopefully hilly will continue to be picked. he's a class act and strikes a great ball

well done to all involved. onward and upward. hope the fella near me in the main stand who was after murray's head at half time has changed his view. for christ's sake give the bloke a chance

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 01:00:45 AM »
I was stood at the corner of Spayne Lane and Town End and had a good view of the penalty. Jay had got round the defender and would have been in on goal but the defender took him out at waist height, the ref had no option but to point to the spot. I thought they would get a penalty though the way they went to ground easy and got us bookings with no bloody contact being made. Think we all wanted them to get hammered after that Saturday postponement. FIVE minutes after the call was made that they would be late as stuck on M62 the bloody bus turned up, guess they were trying to disrupt our pre match routine but it failed big time.

My comment about KH was alluding to the fact that he was a bloody nuisance and did what a good forward should do,show for the ball and keep moving around disrupting the defenders everything that Brodie failed to do.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 01:33:24 AM »
Listening to their commentary on Youtube, apparently the referee bought into the penalty it was the fans who called it and the ref fell for it LMAO
He also reckoned Batchelor scored from the spot.Only given cos the fans appealed. Really? it was blatant.

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 02:11:37 AM »
Fantastic win.
Chorley the cheats, they deserved what they got.
Onwards and upwards, is this the start of a little bit of Murray magic??

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 06:49:39 AM »
Did anyone else noitice that out of the eleven who started last night, that NONE of them started the away match last August?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Great result - although if the FA and League had any guts we should have been awarded the 3 points in the first place for Chorley refusing to play in the initial game (or at least investigated the dubious circumstances as to why it did not take place)! Well done Mr Murray and the team!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2017, 08:29:20 AM »
A much needed win and deserved one in the end.
Once again though two different halfs and I'm not with everyone's views on here that we were great.
The 1st half was very like the Harrogate game with no width and 3 centre midfielders all playing on each other's toes. Us being second to most balls and no ideas when going forward.
Credit to Murray he addressed these issues and for a good 30 min spell in the second half we dominated and the pressure got its rewards.
More of the same on Saturday lads but from the start please.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 08:45:36 AM »
I was stood at the corner of Spayne Lane and Town End and had a good view of the penalty. Jay had got round the defender

How good was your view? It was Josh Robinson who was fouled  ;)

The defender probably didn't realise he was there, tried to boot the ball away but kicked Robinson's chest instead. Clear penalty.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2017, 09:16:55 AM »
Chorley were very cynical from the postponement last month right to the end last night

as soon as they'd scored their players  were going down to waste time. not a great advert for their club or manager who comes out of the sorry debacle with little credit does he?

there were lots of elbows flying around at set plays too but i was pleased to see our lads standing firm in the face of some physical stuff- exactly as jay rollins had predicted

less of chorley though and more about us. this was much much better. let's hope it's a blip as won 4 drawn 2 lost 3 under AM isn't too bad compared to the 9 games or so before his arrival

neither darlington or nuneaton are in great form so at least 4 points from these two please chaps! well done to the fans last night too. after the quiet display v harrogate the noise was better last night and i'm sure the lads were helped by it

onward and upward e