Author Topic: History is made.  (Read 7843 times)

qwerty

• View Profile
History is made.
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:31:58 PM »
History is made tonight as we Field the youngest player in our history. Congatulations to 15 year old Tom Hopper.

1ST and last game for us?

Bob Lee

Re: History is made.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
I think Les Bradshaw turned out for us in the sixties.  How old was the Grammar school lad who played in goal for us, Norman oakley.

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:38:47 PM »
I think Les Bradshaw turned out for us in the sixties.  How old was the Grammar school lad who played in goal for us, Norman oakley.

I wouldn't argue with you. We might have had younger, But this is the first of many youngster coming through and can only be good for the club and local kids.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:32:39 PM »
qwerty, why the last - was he good or bad ?

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 07:38:30 AM »
qwerty, why the last - was he good or bad ?

Didn't go last night so cannot comment on his performance but he's been watched by that many top clubs and has various offers on the table already. Would love to see him involved every week but the best thing for the lad and our club will be to let him move on.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:13:35 AM »
Why would it be best to let him move on? Now we're out of the Football League, we wouldn't get a penny for him...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

thepilgrims

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »
think he's joining Leicester city at the end of the season.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »
 If a big club signs him it has two options
  a.  give Boston U an acceptable compensation sum as goodwill
  b.  give us nothing and proof they are as greedy as most the big clubs

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
Is it a coincidence that a Boston lad-signs for Leicester,also a striker and has a jeweller in the family.
Hopper and JJ!

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »
Why would it be best to let him move on? Now we're out of the Football League, we wouldn't get a penny for him...

We now have a tie up at the CofE with various clubs up the pyramid, Leicester being one of them.

think he's joining Leicester city at the end of the season.

He has various offers on the table, Leicester being one of them. Liverpool had a scout at Cranwell a couple of weeks ago taking a look.

Just goes to show how important the CofE is for local kids looking for a way into proffessional football. Tom is the first of many coming through.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »
mm These 'tie-ups' seem to operate for us to bring through the young prospects .. for them to  move on ..and we get little or nothing back .
  Or maybe I' ve got it wrong  .

BostonGoals

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 06:28:21 PM »
If Leicester do sign him then they could give us a pre-season friendly.

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 06:46:14 PM »
mm These 'tie-ups' seem to operate for us to bring through the young prospects .. for them to  move on ..and we get little or nothing back .
  Or maybe I' ve got it wrong  .

Just what I was thinking FT. We put all the effort in and then the best lads get cherry picked by a bigger club, which is fine if BUFC get something out of it if not then the whole thing needs a rethink and I don't just mean BUFC.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pilgrims67

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 07:33:39 PM »
A friend of mines son signed for man utd in the summer. He is 15 and was at charlton but not on contract. Utd paid compensation but it wasn't disclosed, my mate doesn't know how much, but press said it was over half a million! This lad could have gone anywhere, he started at charlton as it's his local club. He might make it, he might not but charlton where happy to let him move on.

There is value in a youth system , invariably you will get the occasional shining star, and if the big club is ethical then the small club will benefit

oh yes the lads name is sean mcginty, he plays centre half so get you bets on. I just heard his younger brother is also playing for utd!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 07:49:02 PM »
Charlton get protection as they are a Football League club. Once relegated out of League 2, you get 2 seasons' protection, then it's nothing. It's at the poaching club discretion whether they give any kind of compensation, usually a friendly if anything.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/