Author Topic: Poor, just poor  (Read 17841 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Poor, just poor
« on: February 04, 2017, 05:10:39 PM »
It's a struggle at the moment isnt it? We can't keep the ball, we struggle to play long ball never mind on the floor.  Brodie? comes across as totally unfit and surely needs a couple.of months to get match sharpness, he maybhave history but on this showing no future.  Much like that Skoda that had to be moved in the 2nd half, we were slow, uninteresting and not good value for money.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Poor, just poor
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »
as a season ticket holder I gave it a miss.
I was at Haven High watching the United Cheerleader show.
it was excellent.
Appears I made a good decision.
is the honeymoon over???

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 05:32:07 PM »
To be honest took the 5yr old to his footy at haven this morning and would of gladly paid a gate fee, much better standard

spannerman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »
Very poor ,comedy of errors at the back , not one proper shot on target poor pitch and a team to match .
not impressed with new signings lets hope we can get some training in a next match play as a team :( :(

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:37:37 PM »
Signings are complete tripe.  All journeymen (that is a compliment), all mostly finnished and unfit, why do we keep playing them? id rather play a team of fit boston youth than pay to watch this dross.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »
We were absolutely dreadful vs Harrogate today {who incidentally weren't not much better than we were...but were more professional in their approach to the game and capitalised 3 times on our terrible defending}....

=Brodie clearly isn't match fit...
=Did we actually start the game with "a plan?"...
=No,absolutely none,width...
=No shots on target...
=Basic defensive errors all game...
=No passion from anybody on the pitch...
=And once again no midfield...

I had high hopes with Adam Murrays appointment,but after an encouraging start it all seems to have reverted back to "as we were"....
I know new players need to "bed in" but really todays performance was not acceptable...
Chorley are next up,and that wont be easy....

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »
Dross !!!!     Has the manager lost the dressing room already ?

Certainly the season is not over .

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 05:44:49 PM »
Agreed, i know hes not long been here, and like his accent (im from the west midlands too) lol, but he talks too much bullshit, fair enough, he knows to talk the talk, but im afraid it aint showing

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 06:09:51 PM »
Well that was terrible, Okay we are rebuilding but it appears that certain individuals believe they can get away with showing no desire or passion. It has to be said that Brodie is either not fit, over the hill, or both. Captain Clarke! what a joke he was absolutely shocking which does nothing for team spirit. As usual Jay was our only threat and we never saw a decent pass until Hillyard came on. It also has to be said that the pitch resembles a cow patch on which we will never be able to play football on even if we were capable.Not really disappointed that I cannot make the next game if this is the sort rubbish that is to be served up but I do have faith in Adam sorting things out.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 06:16:48 PM »
forgot about Clarke, why did we miss him that much? like i said, journeyman, not sure what is the answer but its been a common theme over the last 12 months - we must not play brodie next game, i aint paying to watch an unfit has been attempt to slow walk the ball on the edge of the box then proceed to boot it into fishtoft such was the height, awful

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 07:31:08 PM »
Bloody rubbish,no passion,no guts,no understanding of basic tactics, no ideas.
But with all fairness to AM, he is having to rebuild a squad in the back end of the season, can't be many players out there to sign, the ones that not got a club now, have not for a reason.
I would imagine this team will look completely different next season.
I am not going to subscribe to the Adam Murray out brigade, give the fella a chance for gods sake.
Yes its hard to watch and frustrating for everyone including Adam.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
Really shows what a great asset Greg Smith is /was .

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »
i would agree with not going with the adam out brigade, but bloody Brodie????, honestly.he was so poor, so lifeless, hopeless and aimless, why didnt he pull him off and put the 17yr old on? Brodie.and others don't give a shit playing.for boston, its a part time wage and thats it, as is.demonstarted by their commitment, not sure ill be going next week i aint supplementing brodies wages.  Chapman was alright, but alright aint going to win football matches.  Use the youth, at least their heart is in it

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 07:56:32 PM »
I was one who thought Brodie would be a good signing. Looks like I was wrong

So far he;s been very poor. Doesn't run, wins nowt in the sky, is constantly offside and gives too many free kicks away. A cross between pantomime villain and pantomime horse!

Chapman looked far from 'the best midfielder in the league' went for glory balls all the time and didn't pick his man up. In my view gave us nothing Hilliard wouldn't have given us

I'll bet the two of them are costing us a grand a week combined. Probably more. Ridiculous in my view. Interesting to see if both start v Chorley. I'm certain they will. Manager can't  afford his big name signings to fail so he will keep picking them to the detriment of the team

To end- the pitch is an embarrasment. Top two inches were loose sand. If you're going to sand it you've got to roll it. Players from both sides slipping all over the place. Makes for very poor football. Rather than spending a grand :D a week on the two big names, how about some TLC for the pitch?

Views?

Takes a long time to get a pitch improved ,  looks like they have compromised and loaded lots of sand on it to make it playable for donkeys  ;)

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2017, 08:02:28 PM »
But the donkeys didnt 'play' they just made a mess