Author Topic: Poor, just poor  (Read 17837 times)

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Poor, just poor
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2017, 11:20:13 PM »
It would help Brodie if he looked interested in playing IMO. He was either offside or giving free kicks away and unless the ball was straight to him he wasn't interested and seemed to be content staying in the middle rather than drawing defenders out of position and then 9 times out of 10 he would be in the way when someone was trying to make inroads into the box  As a target man he is no Greg Smith and it says something when Hawley comes on and starts telling him what to do, I mean at 29 if he has no idea how to be a forward by now then it is too bloody late.

Admittedly he was fouled a few times but he committed twice as many.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2017, 11:24:05 PM »
It would help Brodie if he looked interested in playing IMO. He was either offside or giving free kicks away and unless the ball was straight to him he wasn't interested and seemed to be content staying in the middle rather than drawing defenders out of position and then 9 times out of 10 he would be in the way when someone was trying to make inroads into the box  As a target man he is no Greg Smith and it says something when Hawley comes on and starts telling him what to do, I mean at 29 if he has no idea how to be a forward by now then it is too bloody late.

Hawley looks good then, despite his age ? I agree about Smith, he seems like a good find and i really hope he is around next season and back to his best.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 11:29:42 PM »
Cannot comment on Hawley as he was not on that long, was just pointing out that he was giving Brodie a verbal so maybe that was why he came on.

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »

As for changing the warm up and dug out, just watched AM's interview and he says there are reasons but he will not go into them cos other teams watch the videos.

There are 2 possibilities - 1.   he wants the players to warm up in front of the home end.  Although there are sometimes far more home fans at the other end of the pitch & main stand.  Or 2.  He wants the linesman to be away from the opposition dugout.

Whatever the reason(s)  it didn't work today. 

youngchubby69

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2017, 08:47:09 AM »
Genuine question, as i've not been able to get recently, are Murray's signings any better than those that Greene signed when there was so much unrest and anger ? Or is there belief that all these will come good, and soon ? It seems we are unable to defend well this season, and do lack a half decent goal scorer.
genuine answer, initially I thought that the new manager was doing the right by strengthening the spine if the team. 2 big strong centre backs, more rugged types in centre mid, and a target man up top. Strength through the side from front to back. However, for me, today there were too many changes, both in personel and in the playing system and shape on the field. The players didn't gel, and didn't look like they'd played much together.
I was one of the people who didn't like Dennis revolving door, and sorry to rain on AM's parade, what I watched today bore too many similarities to Dennis' more recent darker hours as Boston manager. I came away thinking the good start AM has made still needs much more work if we're going to avoid a relegation scrap. There's some tough matches in the next few weeks, so let's hope Park Avenue don't embark on a heroic run, or the 7 point cushion we have won't be there for long.
I still think that AM is doing the right things, but today was a stark reminder of what more needs doing, and the hard work has only just started. In AMs own words, "it's going to be a long 11 weeks".

Thanks, i appreciate an honest response.  As many know, i was one that backed the previously manager up until the last few months when even i knew we had to make a change. I even got into a few silly heated exchanges with fans over the whole issue, which i regret as after all, we are all Boston.  We all have differing views, but being away from the action made me want to gain some feedback from the fans that are at the games as to what the general feeling was on the current players etc.  I hope that these new signings do come good, but i guess we can only judge the new manager from the start of next season when the whole team becomes his and not a mix from the previous regime.  Would you say Brodie has goals in him from what you have seen so far ? Is it fair to say maybe he has not had any decent delivery ?

A very good opinion, I agree totally with this,we as a club have a long way to go,but we do have a lot to look forward too,the new ground etc.
When AM signed Brodie,I recall him saying that he was here for this season,but had to prove himself to earn another contract,or something along those lines.
But I agree,he has not had the decent service a striker needs,that might change when StJuste is fit again.
Who knows,but we are all need to show more patience,and try to be positive.
Have a good Sunday everyone.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »

Brodie knows how to score goals, not be the big lump up front he's being expected to be. Get the ball into the box from the wings and he'll do better - the formation didn't suit him at all.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2017, 11:52:29 AM »
Mr brodie has a wonderful way of words in his old twitter account, google it and check it out

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »
Mr brodie has a wonderful way of words in his old twitter account, google it and check it out
comments from 7 years ago, but he's fluent in profanities, isn't he? A shining example of how negative social media can be.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2017, 02:46:23 PM »

That looks like a parody account to me.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 03:44:42 PM »
more i've thought about it the more i reckon yesterday is just a blip. we all have bad days at work and yesterday was just one such day

we were decent at BPA, decent second half and Tamworth but just bad bad bad yesteday. nothing we tried went right did it? that said, would like us to try to play more football

like an earlier poster points out, brodie isn't mobile enough to get onto long punts from the back but he's certainly equipped to attack crosses. can't think of a decent cross we put in from open play yesterday so let's go 4 4 2, get it wide and get ball in for brodie to attack. with hawley's pedigree i'd like to see him start alongside brodie too

don't know if anyone from the club read this but guys, the surface is a disgrace for this level. the players and manager are being let down by asking them to play on a ploughed field. we have some lovely footballers, let's give them a decent top to perform on eh? the performance was unacceptable correct, but the pitch is unacceptable too

just a blip i reckon so keep the faith people, the future is bright if the present is still cloudy! we as fans can do better too i reckon- not a great atmosphere yesterday so let's turn out in numbers on valentine's night. treat him/ her to a fish supper, a pint in the pilgrim and cheer the team on

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2017, 06:54:10 PM »
Thought the "Town End" were too quiet, the youngsters sat in the stands made more noise than our, supposedly, vociferous supporters that gather there!  (duck) ;)

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2017, 09:14:26 PM »
You're right Ernie, it was hard work getting anything going. So empty up there. Embarrassing when 57 of them make more noise than us and a few kids in the main stand (good on 'em) make more noise than us. Flattest atmosphere for a home game in a while, and we've had some flat atmospheres this year

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2017, 09:28:33 PM »
You're right Ernie, it was hard work getting anything going. So empty up there. Embarrassing when 57 of them make more noise than us and a few kids in the main stand (good on 'em) make more noise than us. Flattest atmosphere for a home game in a while, and we've had some flat atmospheres this year

Disappointing when many town enders were vociferous in there abuse to get the previous manger out .
Any idea josh why they are not getting behind the new manager ?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2017, 10:07:37 PM »
Not the manager that was the problem with some in the town end it was Brodie.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2017, 07:41:44 AM »
we can do better as a crowd so let#s give it a big go v chorley

whilst i thought brodie struggled badly, i thought chapman was miles off it too. just seemed to stroll through the game and didn't engage physically with the opposition and looked for the long pass most of the time

if you watch the highlights back on harrogate's site, the early clearance from ross goes straight to him but he mis controls it into their lad's path and the second goal he drops kalern right in the s**t with a horrible chipped square pass when he has a man closing him down. they then nick it and, as the manager points out, batch should then whack it over the stand once the ball is in front of him. he had a clear shout to clear it

mistakes do happen though and all of the above aren't helped by our dreadful pitch are they?

on another note, given the trinity job is up for grabs- which of our players are a) non contract and b) favourites of the previous manager therefore making them vulnerable to approach should the seemingly inevitable appointment come? just interested in people's views. enjoy your weeks people. just a shame we have no game next week to put things right