Author Topic: Poor, just poor  (Read 17834 times)

youngchubby69

Re: Poor, just poor
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 08:13:46 PM »
Obviously weren't the Nuttles donkeys, the last Nuttel I saw play on that pitch was pretty good.
Most Donkeys can be led, but it looks like we got the stubborn ones.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »
 The manager summed it up himself on Radio Lincs when he used the words "disjointed" and "unacceptable". I don't see the need to say any more than that.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:24:45 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 08:23:05 PM »
Our donkeys aint stubborn, just heartless journerymen with no desire to win for boston other than to collect their moneys, murray, get rid for god sake, yes thats includes brodie - i notice the attendance was down today  will be even less next week!

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 08:42:32 PM »
my ratings up until.now..

Durrant - looks short of confidence and.doesnt command, Thomas - ok Robinson - ok, Batchelor - Poor decision making out of depth, Gordon - Best defender for boston, strong in tackle, Clarke - Who?  bow legged and uncommited Chapman - 2 good touches but uneffective, Gatter - No confidence and struggled, Rollins - Bostons only comitted player for the cause, he bleeds yellow, Brodie - Manequin best used in Aldrids, Chippendale - Steady....Steady..
SUBS: Hawley - Fantastic...NOT, Hilliard - Totally underated, has a lot of talent when given the space, Fitzpatrick - Yeah Simmons, Yeomans.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 08:44:51 PM by jelangley »

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
Hawley was bollocking Brodie when he came on telling him where to be, when to make runs etc and get involved. I have never been one to slate players but where the hell did we get him from? Bet they pissed themselves laughing when we took him off their hands, seen better on a Sunday Morning, even pissed up lads put a shift in but he came off the pitch as clean as he went on it. ONE shot on target and that was a free kick that hit the inside of the post. Knew they would get a penalty as they tried all the first half to get one with the constant diving but as for the second goal, dear oh dear, it was Chucklevision time. you have it, no you have it no you have it the attacker thought ok I will have it then and game over.

Surely it is time to give youth a chance and drop the dead donkey, feel we are stuck with what we have until the end of the season though as most players are tied to clubs so will have to see what AM does in the close season but I am thinking there will be a lot of ins and outs.

One thing I did say when AM was appointed and I listened to his first interview was oh shit it is LVG NNNNOOOO when he said about his philosophy and we all know where that got Man United. Football, play on the ground get the ball into the other teams net, that is not philosophy that is just what it is.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2017, 09:25:16 PM »
Genuine question, as i've not been able to get recently, are Murray's signings any better than those that Greene signed when there was so much unrest and anger ? Or is there belief that all these will come good, and soon ? It seems we are unable to defend well this season, and do lack a half decent goal scorer. 

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2017, 09:33:18 PM »
Hurry up Greg

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2017, 10:00:09 PM »
Genuine question, as i've not been able to get recently, are Murray's signings any better than those that Greene signed when there was so much unrest and anger ? Or is there belief that all these will come good, and soon ? It seems we are unable to defend well this season, and do lack a half decent goal scorer.
genuine answer, initially I thought that the new manager was doing the right by strengthening the spine if the team. 2 big strong centre backs, more rugged types in centre mid, and a target man up top. Strength through the side from front to back. However, for me, today there were too many changes, both in personel and in the playing system and shape on the field. The players didn't gel, and didn't look like they'd played much together.
I was one of the people who didn't like Dennis revolving door, and sorry to rain on AM's parade, what I watched today bore too many similarities to Dennis' more recent darker hours as Boston manager. I came away thinking the good start AM has made still needs much more work if we're going to avoid a relegation scrap. There's some tough matches in the next few weeks, so let's hope Park Avenue don't embark on a heroic run, or the 7 point cushion we have won't be there for long.
I still think that AM is doing the right things, but today was a stark reminder of what more needs doing, and the hard work has only just started. In AMs own words, "it's going to be a long 11 weeks".
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2017, 10:02:51 PM »
Awful performance today the second goal was a catalogue of errors which you would struggle to see in the bottom division of the Boston league.
You'd also struggle to see a worse pitch in the Boston league as well.
The so called best midfielder in the league was surely not out there today or his just blended in with the general dross on display.
It was half price tickets for the next home game on this viewing they should be giving them away!
No width at times it looked like 4 central midfielders all on each other's toes, shocking.

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2017, 10:11:15 PM »
agree re chapman. didn't pick his man up and wanted to 'go long' too often with glory passes

let's give him the benefit of the doubt as it's his first game. as for brodie though he's really struggled and surely, based on his displays for us so far has to be benched next time out?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 10:20:47 PM »
apparently AM doesn't like criticism  (do any of us?)
tonight's comments will make uncomfortable reading.

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 10:39:23 PM »
Before a ball had been kicked we looked clueless,
Team went wrong end of ground, then the bench followed.

Think criticism of Brodie is a bit unfair he's had 2 shots in 2 games  ;D
At lest we have cover from the bench if things not going well, I'm sure Hawley
Can still do a job??.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 10:51:37 PM »
seriously, why is the pitch so bad? a club with our resources shouldn't allow their surface to get this bad surely? anyone know if there are plans to put it right and whether a short term fix is possible as it's really not helpful is it?

What resources?? It can cost tens of thousands of pounds to fully relay a pitch from scratch.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »
Why bother spending on it when we are moving is probably the thinking behind it.

As for changing the warm up and dug out, just watched AM's interview and he says there are reasons but he will not go into them cos other teams watch the videos.

He did make a lot of sense after the game and knows where it went wrong and why without moaning about the pitch/referee or supporters so that is a plus.  Ten days now to sort it out and get us going again, I was not one who was thinking playoffs after the start he had, just avoiding the drop will be a plus on this forgetful season.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 11:07:59 PM »
genuine answer, initially I thought that the new manager was doing the right by strengthening the spine if the team. 2 big strong centre backs, more rugged types in centre mid, and a target man up top. Strength through the side from front to back. However, for me, today there were too many changes, both in personel and in the playing system and shape on the field. The players didn't gel, and didn't look like they'd played much together.
I was one of the people who didn't like Dennis revolving door, and sorry to rain on AM's parade, what I watched today bore too many similarities to Dennis' more recent darker hours as Boston manager. I came away thinking the good start AM has made still needs much more work if we're going to avoid a relegation scrap. There's some tough matches in the next few weeks, so let's hope Park Avenue don't embark on a heroic run, or the 7 point cushion we have won't be there for long.
I still think that AM is doing the right things, but today was a stark reminder of what more needs doing, and the hard work has only just started. In AMs own words, "it's going to be a long 11 weeks".

Thanks, i appreciate an honest response.  As many know, i was one that backed the previously manager up until the last few months when even i knew we had to make a change. I even got into a few silly heated exchanges with fans over the whole issue, which i regret as after all, we are all Boston.  We all have differing views, but being away from the action made me want to gain some feedback from the fans that are at the games as to what the general feeling was on the current players etc.  I hope that these new signings do come good, but i guess we can only judge the new manager from the start of next season when the whole team becomes his and not a mix from the previous regime.  Would you say Brodie has goals in him from what you have seen so far ? Is it fair to say maybe he has not had any decent delivery ?