Author Topic: New Ground.  (Read 24705 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground.
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
Don't think anyone has ever won as much as 160million euros!!😳.It was a much more modest £53 million.

If I won that much, I would bung the club five million without a moment's hesitation. All I'd ask in return is they call the stadium the Lord Brooksbank Megadome Arena and sell Philly cheesesteaks instead of burgers. Oh, and Batemans in the bar.

good work :)

youngchubby69

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2017, 09:50:05 PM »
Personally if I had that type of money, I would give the club an interest free loan, just to get it built.
But like many of us,I would think our other halves would have a different opinion,as is probably the case with our millionaire fan.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2017, 09:20:50 AM »
Just a reminder that I will be in the Pilgrims Lounge prior to kick off with my jam jar collection, please come and have a word and I will explain all, Also flyers will be handed out at the turnstiles inviting all supporters to become involved raising funds to move our club forward both on and off the field, please read them and keep them.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2017, 06:46:52 PM »
Seems to be a combination of things; Brexit probably adding to costs, downturn in the housing market, lack of confidence in the economy going forward - contributing to the delay.

Chestnuts are planning to make money (break even at least) on the project, hence delaying to maximise revenue and meeting planning criteria.

Presumably the downturn in the housing market is also to the club's benefit as the Malkinsons are probably in no rush to redevelop York Street in a period of softening demand.

The Quadrant is a commercial enterprise for the Chestnuts so they will only move forward when it makes commercial sense for them.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2017, 09:22:43 PM »
I would give the club money  for some 2 yr contracts if I had the dosh .
  But no goalkeeper / defender would be less than 6' 6''. . and I  would allow just 1 midget in midfield .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2017, 11:50:19 PM »
slightly of the topic but must give a mention to the new groundsmen, The pitch is starting to look a pitch again in a short space of time

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
Hi  everyone a quick update on the jam jar collection. I am happy to report that after only the first Saturday and with only a few days to start your collecting you managed to hand me just over £75 which is amazing. To all those who have started filling their jars it really doesn't matter how long it takes to fill them. Just carry on and when full hand them in to the BUFC office or indeed carry on through the close season and get next season off to a flyer.
ps. a neighbour with no interest in football has just handed me a jar of coins after seeing it on facebook bless her.    UTP.