Author Topic: New Ground.  (Read 24700 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground.
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »
DN has now set us a challenge,lets just get on with it, he has never asked us for anything over the past 10years other than turn up and support.
Great Idea Mel, I have a jar waiting for you already.
Would it be an idea to ask FC United for some ideas as they have raised loads of money over the years.
It will all make us feel part of our new home and give us satisfaction that we have given something back to the community and DN.

Thanks for that I am getting very excited as I have received similar messages and the point you make re FC United is a very good one. I have in fact been in contact with them for a few years now and will get in touch again for some good ideas. Noticed last time we were there that in every corner of the ground they had what looked like litter bins on all four corners of the ground for fans to drop change in, certainly jars at the food outlets at York Street will be put in place for change when getting a pie etc. Thanks again together we can make a difference. UTP.

Oakham Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »
I've been wondering what to do with a tin that's just about full of copper - so now I do!

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »
What about any Euros left from holidays, can we include those Mel?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »

I'll have those Mick. Seriously I will check with the bank and let you know, Thanks for coming on board.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2017, 10:36:05 PM »
I thought those few in the know stated it was a fact that we wouldn't be getting a new stadium and that we would be ground sharing !  ::) :laugh:  We ALL ( apart from the knowledgeable twosome ) believed that the ground would get built, but we also knew it was a question of when, not if.  Funding was always going to be a key part, so now we as fans can do our part if we really want this stadium.  I am sure over a thousand of us fans can donate £20 when fundraising is needed, we spend far more on one matchday after all !

I spoke with David before the game on Saturday he told me this statement was coming. The reason I spoke to him was to get his blessing for a fund raising project I am about to start. This a very simple project but one that will raise money with little pain for anyone and every supporter can join in. As some know I also support a Rugby League club ie: Featherstone Rovers (not Super League) and this kind of project has raised £20.000 plus.
So, all I am asking is that every supporter use a jam jar or coffee jar and fill it with loose change 1P's 2 P's and 5P's. When the jar is full just bring it along and drop it off with me before the game in the Pilgrims Lounge, I will count it, bag it and bank it, every penny will be accounted for. I have spoken with BUSA and will be doing this in conjunction with them. Jars can also be dropped off at the club offices and I will collect from there.
I hope everyone will join in and make this a success as there is going to be a need for extra funds to see our club move forward on and off the field. Feel free to talk to me about this and if you wish pm me on here. Thank you in anticipation.
Mel.

Great idea, oxo, I will support as best as I can and have raised 85 pence already. Does anyone know how Gift Aid works? Presumably this would somehow need to be set up as a charity and would then be eligible for tax relief? If it was then would there be a way of raising even more?

Will you be putting any jars on the bar in the pilgrim lounge? Would give fans the option of putting a bit of change in when buying drinks etc.

Collections on bars & on shop counters tend to do well. One charity said it's collection boxes in shops average £30 a month & they predominantly fill with small change.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 10:36:22 AM »
Heard that Boston Town lease has been extended aswell with Sports fund!

Didn't they sign a new long-term lease on Tatt Road a couple of years ago? This allowed them to do the ground improvements.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:32 AM »

I'll have those Mick. Seriously I will check with the bank and let you know, Thanks for coming on board.

I believe FCUM do something similar. They have a barrel to allow you to throw loose change (including foreign) in.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2017, 08:43:55 PM »
As I have mentioned on here I am starting fund raising by asking all fans to become involved by simply and without pain putting their loose change in jam jars or coffee jars all your 1ps 2ps 5ps and dropping them off with me prior to home games in the Pilgrims Lounge or dropping them into the club offices where I will collect them count, bag and bank them. This is in conjunction with BUSA and every penny will be accounted for. Today on the way back from Brackley the raffle on the bus was kindly donated to me to give me a good start for which I am grateful. If we all get involved I am sure we can raise funds that will go a long way to ensuring our club are able to move forward both on and off the pitch. I HAVE SOME GREAT NEWS, I HAVE JUST BEEN PLEDGED £1000 BY A FAN (WHO WISHES TO REMAIN ANONYMOUS) TO GET THINGS MOVING. Needless to say I am gobsmacked and so very grateful so if there are any more of you out there who wish to do the same please do contact me.
Regards
Mel (oxo)    UTP.   

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:56 PM »
Does anyone stand near the chap who won an absolute fortune on Euromillions and could shake a jar for any loose change?

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2017, 09:26:01 AM »
I remember many years ago, the old Boston supporters club used to do a collection at half time with a big blanket.

What they collected used to be saved till they raised £1000, then they presented it to the club on the half way line .

A blanket collection every home match, would soon raise funds, and catch those who do not attend The Pilgrim Lounge.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2017, 09:46:36 PM »
Just counted my own coffee jar which is almost full and contains £21. Look forward to everyone joining in, we can really make this work to move our club forward. Will be in the Pilgrims lounge prior to game on Saturday, come and have a word and drop in your loose change. If I am allowed there will also be buckets at the food outlets so feel free to chuck your change in when purchasing your burger or pie, every penny counts. UTP
Just a reminder, one great supporter of the club has donated a thousand pounds to get me on my way so if anyone wants to do the same without filling a jam jar please feel free to do so, Go on you know it makes sense.

Louth Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2017, 10:27:24 PM »
Was it around 160 million Euros he won? How do you spend all that? Must be worth asking?

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2017, 11:08:49 PM »
It's a free country, he's entitled to spend his money how he wishes, and the club has no right to just expect a donation blah blah blah. For all we know, he might have already written the club a fat cheque.

...But, really, if he hasn't, it's a bit stingy, isn't it?!

Lady GaGa

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2017, 01:00:47 AM »
Don't think anyone has ever won as much as 160million euros!!😳.It was a much more modest £53 million.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
Don't think anyone has ever won as much as 160million euros!!😳.It was a much more modest £53 million.

If I won that much, I would bung the club five million without a moment's hesitation. All I'd ask in return is they call the stadium the Lord Brooksbank Megadome Arena and sell Philly cheesesteaks instead of burgers. Oh, and Batemans in the bar.