Author Topic: New Ground.  (Read 24813 times)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground.
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 10:04:14 AM »
It looks like progress is a bit slower than hoped, but it's worth putting into perspective the scale of the project - and in fact what the Chestnuts are trying to achieve for the club: conjuring up a new ground which (to BUFC) is free, using grant and contributions from the housing/commercial parts of the scheme. That is incredibly ambitious - how many other completely assetless football clubs have managed to build themselves a League standard ground from scratch?!

No-one should have ever expected this to be pure plain sailing - there were always going to be snags and delays along the way. But you'd struggle to find a better team to navigate them than DN and co. Yes, there's the occasional troll who tries to stir stuff up on here or the Facebook group - always hinting that they know something and insinuating things without saying them explicitly (because they have no actual evidence) - but they really should be ignored. That said, the club have been quite quiet for a while, and it would be a good idea for the club to have a fans' forum, or try and issue some semi-regular updates on the development through the website and local press. My hunch is that a lot of this stuff only goes into the matchday programme, which while excellent does only have a limited reach and is not available online.

Not heard from you in a while Adam but you are spot on and I agree with everything you say on this matter. You emphasize the need for a fans forum and the reasons for it, I would add to those reasons the fact that it is quickly coming to the time for season ticket renewals and without the air being cleared about the immediate future that uncertainty could well impact on sales.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 10:36:52 AM »
I guess with so many elements to tie in together DN is limited to what can be put in the public domain ,  as in any business not wise to reveal too much until deals are signed and sealed .    many irons in the fire I suspect .

youngchubby69

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 12:06:46 PM »
Good post Adam, and what you have written is very true.
DN has already said most of what you have posted,people either just don't listen or forget what has been said

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2017, 09:24:06 AM »
http://www.bostonunited.co.uk/news/club-statement-28032017-1770614.html

Statement from the club on the new ground confirms most peoples thoughts. The new stadium is going ahead but sounds like it's going to be delayed and they've agreed a lease extension on York Street for the longer time we need until the new stadium is ready.

All in all this has to be taken as good news. The Quadrant is a big development and was always going to be challenging with these projects often taking longer when challenges arise. Really pleased they've managed to get a lease extension rather than ground sharing elsewhere.

The most ironic bit in the statement was the bit referring to the increase in labour and material costs. The increase in material costs is probably due to the devaluing of the pound since the Brexit vote which the people of Boston vote for more than any other region!

David Newton and co and doing a great job and continuing to keep their promise of delivering the stadium. The size of this tasks is one few others could achieve. We have to continue to give them our support.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2017, 09:28:39 AM »
we did..............And ill standby that Vote.  just have to chuck a extra tenner in the pot

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 10:16:14 AM »
I thought those few in the know stated it was a fact that we wouldn't be getting a new stadium and that we would be ground sharing !  ::) :laugh:  We ALL ( apart from the knowledgeable twosome ) believed that the ground would get built, but we also knew it was a question of when, not if.  Funding was always going to be a key part, so now we as fans can do our part if we really want this stadium.  I am sure over a thousand of us fans can donate £20 when fundraising is needed, we spend far more on one matchday after all ! 

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2017, 12:14:56 PM »
On the positive side Lee it is good to see the construction workers along with Geo Osbourne increase their income since Brexit . :)

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 01:15:43 PM »
I thought those few in the know stated it was a fact that we wouldn't be getting a new stadium and that we would be ground sharing !  ::) :laugh:  We ALL ( apart from the knowledgeable twosome ) believed that the ground would get built, but we also knew it was a question of when, not if.  Funding was always going to be a key part, so now we as fans can do our part if we really want this stadium.  I am sure over a thousand of us fans can donate £20 when fundraising is needed, we spend far more on one matchday after all !

I spoke with David before the game on Saturday he told me this statement was coming. The reason I spoke to him was to get his blessing for a fund raising project I am about to start. This a very simple project but one that will raise money with little pain for anyone and every supporter can join in. As some know I also support a Rugby League club ie: Featherstone Rovers (not Super League) and this kind of project has raised £20.000 plus.
So, all I am asking is that every supporter use a jam jar or coffee jar and fill it with loose change 1P's 2 P's and 5P's. When the jar is full just bring it along and drop it off with me before the game in the Pilgrims Lounge, I will count it, bag it and bank it, every penny will be accounted for. I have spoken with BUSA and will be doing this in conjunction with them. Jars can also be dropped off at the club offices and I will collect from there.
I hope everyone will join in and make this a success as there is going to be a need for extra funds to see our club move forward on and off the field. Feel free to talk to me about this and if you wish pm me on here. Thank you in anticipation.
Mel.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 02:11:04 PM »
Heard that Boston Town lease has been extended aswell with Sports fund!

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2017, 02:14:55 PM »
We really need to know how much is needed! Can't see many local company's helping out.What happens if we can't raise enough? I guess the groundshare option would be plan B.

Champs next year

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2017, 02:16:27 PM »
Well done Mel. Like all good ideas: the simplest work best! A great chance for fans to help. I'm in.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2017, 03:52:48 PM »
Heard that Boston Town lease has been extended aswell with Sports fund!
We really need to know how much is needed! Can't see many local company's helping out.What happens if we can't raise enough? I guess the groundshare option would be plan B.

No matter what happens I would respectfully suggest there will always be a need for additional funds to ensure our club has a future and hope everyone will join in with my little effort.   

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2017, 05:34:20 PM »
Nice to see Mr Newton acknowledged the help of the Malkinson family!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »

I spoke with David before the game on Saturday he told me this statement was coming. The reason I spoke to him was to get his blessing for a fund raising project I am about to start. This a very simple project but one that will raise money with little pain for anyone and every supporter can join in. As some know I also support a Rugby League club ie: Featherstone Rovers (not Super League) and this kind of project has raised £20.000 plus.
So, all I am asking is that every supporter use a jam jar or coffee jar and fill it with loose change 1P's 2 P's and 5P's. When the jar is full just bring it along and drop it off with me before the game in the Pilgrims Lounge, I will count it, bag it and bank it, every penny will be accounted for. I have spoken with BUSA and will be doing this in conjunction with them. Jars can also be dropped off at the club offices and I will collect from there.
I hope everyone will join in and make this a success as there is going to be a need for extra funds to see our club move forward on and off the field. Feel free to talk to me about this and if you wish pm me on here. Thank you in anticipation.
Mel.

Great idea, oxo, I will support as best as I can and have raised 85 pence already. Does anyone know how Gift Aid works? Presumably this would somehow need to be set up as a charity and would then be eligible for tax relief? If it was then would there be a way of raising even more?

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 07:33:42 PM »
DN has now set us a challenge,lets just get on with it, he has never asked us for anything over the past 10years other than turn up and support.
Great Idea Mel, I have a jar waiting for you already.
Would it be an idea to ask FC United for some ideas as they have raised loads of money over the years.
It will all make us feel part of our new home and give us satisfaction that we have given something back to the community and DN.