Author Topic: New Ground.  (Read 24706 times)

wismo

• View Profile
Re: New Ground.
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 08:39:51 PM »
Page 7 of the Boston Standard, final paragraph

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 09:00:32 PM »
Looks like the stadium will be a longer wait than thought ,    2020?

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Page 7 of the Boston Standard, final paragraph
Any links I don't get the standard.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 10:38:47 AM »
Very interesting article - the conclusion I draw from it being that the very specific conditions that need to be met before construction on the stadium can commence are still some way off being met.

Not ideal, but it's good to know where we stand. Looks like we're staying at York Street for now.

And at least the article suggests progress is being made towards fulfilling the requirements, which is obviously a positive.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 03:17:26 PM »
York Street hopefully but I would say a groundshare with Boston Town for a few years.Just hope the Tattershall rd car park is sorted before then.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 08:04:37 PM »
Sport England are a statutory consultee which planning authorities are required to consult on applications associated to sports/playing field development .

For YS to get planning for change of use to housing/commercial S E usually would demand an alternative venue for sport to replace it .
YS most likely will not be able to develop until replacement stadium is built .

Chestnuts get 100 homes sold , but no punters for the commercial land , or the full £7,6million grant has shortfall what happens then ?

Will probably bring the much heralded relief road (do any of us belief this road will really solve traffic congestion in Boston) to a standstill if the planning conditions are enforced .

How will Lincolnshire C C respond to that .?

Looks like a few more years at YS !!!!!!!

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 07:40:57 AM »
Looks like a few more years at YS !!!!!!!

Which needs a bit of TLC to keep it ticking over, the old place is looking rather worse for wear these days.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 08:41:23 AM »
Chestnuts get 100 homes sold , but no punters for the commercial land , or the full £7,6million grant has shortfall what happens then ?

To me, it seems a weird clause from the council to ensure 100 houses (plus the commercial section occupancies) are being used before the stadium is allowed to be built. I would have worded it differently, considering Chestnut Homes are a housing development company, to say that the stadium can be built at anytime, but limit the number of houses being built until it's finished.

I believe the Chestnuts are offering out sections of the housing developments to other companies - does this count as occupancy from their point of view? E.g. Chestnuts sell a portion of land earmarked for 75 houses - does this count?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »

To me, it seems a weird clause from the council to ensure 100 houses (plus the commercial section occupancies) are being used before the stadium is allowed to be built. I would have worded it differently, considering Chestnut Homes are a housing development company, to say that the stadium can be built at anytime, but limit the number of houses being built until it's finished.

I believe the Chestnuts are offering out sections of the housing developments to other companies - does this count as occupancy from their point of view? E.g. Chestnuts sell a portion of land earmarked for 75 houses - does this count?

There must be a reason they insisted on that clause. It's not unusual for housing developments to have a host of conditions attached to them, but in this case I can't think what the clause is intended to achieve.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 01:57:26 PM »
So it does look like the odds have increased for a ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road - albeit temporarily. What the f@@@ are the signs already in place at the roundabout for the new ground if it is not going to be built yet?
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 02:21:18 PM »
a sign costs £300 as is very easy to put up, a new ground costs a tad more and involves a bit more work

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 03:40:36 PM »
So it does look like the odds have increased for a ground share with our friends at Tattershall Road - albeit temporarily. What the f@@@ are the signs already in place at the roundabout for the new ground if it is not going to be built yet?

Pretty sure the business park on Boardsides was signposted years before any offices were actually built.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 03:49:47 PM »

I would think YS will be the venue ,  little use to the owners until the new stadium is built .

youngchubby69

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 09:56:58 PM »
Simple answer to this,is to give David Newton a call and ask him the questions.
I am sure all will be made clear after that conversation.
All this rumour and speculation about what this means or if this or that does not happen.
Bloody crazy, stop all of this madness and just ask the person who really is in the know.
Let's face it  a news paper is always correct and never lie or blow anything out proportion do they ?
That's as likely to happen as we are to win the league this season.

Adam

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 11:49:20 PM »
It looks like progress is a bit slower than hoped, but it's worth putting into perspective the scale of the project - and in fact what the Chestnuts are trying to achieve for the club: conjuring up a new ground which (to BUFC) is free, using grant and contributions from the housing/commercial parts of the scheme. That is incredibly ambitious - how many other completely assetless football clubs have managed to build themselves a League standard ground from scratch?!

No-one should have ever expected this to be pure plain sailing - there were always going to be snags and delays along the way. But you'd struggle to find a better team to navigate them than DN and co. Yes, there's the occasional troll who tries to stir stuff up on here or the Facebook group - always hinting that they know something and insinuating things without saying them explicitly (because they have no actual evidence) - but they really should be ignored. That said, the club have been quite quiet for a while, and it would be a good idea for the club to have a fans' forum, or try and issue some semi-regular updates on the development through the website and local press. My hunch is that a lot of this stuff only goes into the matchday programme, which while excellent does only have a limited reach and is not available online.