Author Topic: New Ground.  (Read 24710 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
New Ground.
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:11:44 AM »
Will we be playing there next season?
I ask as it will be within walking distance for me.  :laugh:
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: New Ground.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
I drove past yesterday. It didn't look quite finished yet. Couldn't see any sign of the stadium :)

TEP

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »
I drive past it Monday to Friday. It's dark both ways, so I wouldn't know if it was there or not!!  :)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

wismo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 09:19:45 PM »
Not going to happen for the foreseeable future. £2m short. Will stay at York Street on extended lease. Young Malkie more club friendly

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 09:39:41 PM »
Not going to happen for the foreseeable future. £2m short. Will stay at York Street on extended lease. Young Malkie more club friendly
Where did you get that information from? Not saying you're wrong but the signs are - literally - at the new roundabout that the stadium is being built.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »
We will definitely be at York street next season at least.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 12:41:17 PM »

Also if Malkinson family wish to sell the stadium in the foreseeable future it is best to cooperate to assist to bring the new stadium to fruition .   
Sport England have a strong influence on planning applications and unless they have changed recently would object strongly to YS being used for commercial purposes without a replacement venue for the football team .

youngchubby69

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 06:32:50 PM »
As David Newton has previously said, they are raising the shortfall of money through the sale of the commercial land on the Quadrant,which is moving along nicely.
Don't worry and don't panic it will be built.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 06:40:06 PM »
As David Newton has previously said, they are raising the shortfall of money through the sale of the commercial land on the Quadrant,which is moving along nicely.
Don't worry and don't panic it will be built.
I like your optimism. However, my questions are when? And will there be a need for a temporary home between York St and The Quadrant? If so, where? For how long? To me, it does seem unlikely to go from a to b without the need for c. I hope I'm wrong, but progress seems slow.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 07:33:55 PM »
Ask David Newton on Saturday at the match... he's one of the most approachable football chairmen you will ever get!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 07:43:47 PM »
wish i had a pound for every time a post like this pops up on facebook and here..... Id be making the short fall up myself

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 10:23:00 PM »
wish i had a pound for every time a post like this pops up on facebook and here..... Id be making the short fall up myself
so, presuming you've seen / heard this sort of post so many times, you'll have all the answers to the questions? I'm intrigued to see what you can tell us?

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2017, 09:19:03 AM »
Mr Newton has all the answers, he is also very open and willing to talk to anyone. Why don't these doubters ever do this simple approach to gather all the data that they so seemingly require ? I don't see the point of posting utter rubbish about the ground won't get built every two weeks, does anyone else ?

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 12:43:29 PM »
so, presuming you've seen / heard this sort of post so many times, you'll have all the answers to the questions? I'm intrigued to see what you can tell us?

And where in that post does it say i have the answers... and yes i have seen the posts many times, Think last week there was post within a day of each other. As leftback says Newton as the answers and is approachable

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 05:52:14 PM »

And where in that post does it say i have the answers... and yes i have seen the posts many times, Think last week there was post within a day of each other. As leftback says Newton as the answers and is approachable
my mistake, I will ask Mr Newton

John Bunyan, 1684