Author Topic: Yesterdays line up  (Read 9898 times)

Rusling_Pilgrim

• View Profile
Yesterdays line up
« on: January 29, 2017, 04:50:04 PM »
Jay Rollins on the bench - Because he missed training Thursday due to work commitments????

Sorry but we are a part time club with part time players and the manager needs to realise this sooner rather than later for me. Rollins has been and is our best player for me and you wouldn't see other sides in this league leaving their best player out because he couldn't make training due to work commitments, But the manager then goes on to say we paid the price by not starting him ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Yesterdays line up
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 05:57:59 PM »
 Maybe Rolly shd have come on for Simmons at half time .
 There was a lot of longish clearances , wd have suited him .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Jay Rollins on the bench - Because he missed training Thursday due to work commitments????

Sorry but we are a part time club with part time players and the manager needs to realise this sooner rather than later for me. Rollins has been and is our best player for me and you wouldn't see other sides in this league leaving their best player out because he couldn't make training due to work commitments, But the manager then goes on to say we paid the price by not starting him ?

Good to see a manager asserting his authority , may seem harsh to Jay .      We don,t know the circumstances but I  would think it was a difficult call .    Fans can,t seem to grasp that usually a p/t footballers job has to take preference over football.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 08:01:49 PM »
So he missed the final training session before the match, presumably a session that would involve tactics, match plans etc. Right decision for him to start on the bench, puts a marker out.

Doesn't matter if your the best player or not, if you don't train you don't have the right to start the match.

I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 10:01:35 PM »
Agree with the manager's stance here.

TEP

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 05:06:32 PM »
Didnt really like the last line of his interview thoug."We payed the price for jay not attending training". I know one ting id not gove up my job for bufc. Plenty of other clubs out there

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 01:11:19 AM »
He is a paid employee of BUFC, so should attend training when required.
If every player kept not turning up, the team would be a shambles,AM is right to drop him.
AM is instilling discipline in to this team, much overdue in my opinion.
If these players want to win, they have to know who is boss and toe the line, handwork and discipline brings success, do you think Alex Ferguson would have been successful if he let the players rule the roost.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 06:46:23 AM »
If every player kept not turning up, the team would be a shambles,AM is right to drop him.
If these players want to win, they have to know who is boss and toe the line, handwork and discipline brings success, do you think Alex Ferguson would have been successful if he let the players rule the roost.

It's not fair to draw comparisons against Alex Ferguson. His class of 92 for example would have trained for a few hours but then spent the rest of the day on the golf course, playing FIFA or sitting in a hot tub. I bet Beckham, Giggs and Scholes have never had to rush to training straight from completing a shit in a warehouse somewhere. Give Jay a bit of flexibility here, it's not really his fault.

Imp Stalker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 09:19:14 AM »
in a warehouse?

Dirty boy...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »

It's not fair to draw comparisons against Alex Ferguson. His class of 92 for example would have trained for a few hours but then spent the rest of the day on the golf course, playing FIFA or sitting in a hot tub. I bet Beckham, Giggs and Scholes have never had to rush to training straight from completing a shit in a warehouse somewhere. Give Jay a bit of flexibility here, it's not really his fault.

Give one player "a bit of flexibility " and you will soon have the whole team demanding "flexibility ".

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »

Employees have holiday entitlement... maybe the club allows players to miss the odd training session, on the basis that the player cannot complain if they do not start the next game.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »

You should know if you don't share the same opinions of select few that opinion doesn't count.
I think it's pathetic personally. So that opinion wont count

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 05:08:40 PM »
players at this level tend to be paid depending on attendance at both training and matches so missing training usually hits the pocket too

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 05:24:04 PM »
Didnt really like the last line of his interview thoug."We payed the price for jay not attending training". I know one ting id not gove up my job for bufc. Plenty of other clubs out there

Part-timers don,t usually give up their day job to play football ,   they get a club that they can fit their day job in .       That,s why signing p/t players is difficult when your club is based in Lincolnshire ,  players should assess if they can fit training hours in with their day job before they signing .

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 05:58:20 PM »
Don't understand your last comment Big M,or who it's aimed at.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, that's why its a forum.
I think most of us enjoy the opportunity to debate and comment on the subjects posted on here.
I think sometimes we all feel a little offended when someone pulls our comment's apart, I do value your opinion's and enjoy reading your comments.