Author Topic: Brodie against  (Read 29393 times)

colindavy

• View Profile
Brodie against
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:17:24 PM »
A couple of years ago, I took my Australian son-in-law to see Everton play. It was a dull game, so to make up for it, I took him to see Southport.

It was a great laugh. A jumped-up nobody playing for Southport embarrassed himself and the home fans by behaving like a total clown. At the merest touch, he continually fell over and complained to the referee. Even his own fans started to barrack him. That may be why he's moved on so much.

Have we really fallen this low? I only hope he's changed his ways, or he'll be gone soon.

youngchubby69

Re: Brodie against
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:56:04 PM »
A lot can change in two years, give the lad a chance.
I don't think Adam would ever sign a clown, you can't judge a player on one performance.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 02:58:26 PM »
A couple of years ago, I took my Australian son-in-law to see Everton play. It was a dull game, so to make up for it, I took him to see Southport.

It was a great laugh. A jumped-up nobody playing for Southport embarrassed himself and the home fans by behaving like a total clown. At the merest touch, he continually fell over and complained to the referee. Even his own fans started to barrack him. That may be why he's moved on so much.

Have we really fallen this low? I only hope he's changed his ways, or he'll be gone soon.

His goals say different

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 03:02:33 PM »
Seems pretty clear cut to me - we'd best preemptively sack Brodie now before he brings shame on the club. We've got a reputation to maintain, after all.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 03:14:07 PM »
A good manager, no matter what the line of work, will get the best out of his employee. I guess the fans will have to trust AM to do this. Let's judge a bit further down the line.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 03:21:48 PM »
I go along with TEP on this one .

I recall when Greene signed Scott Garner  the forums of Imps , Grimsby and Cambridge U all claimed that Garner had been a disruption in their dressing room .     In the three years here he was the opposite .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »
Whilst I am not doubting your honest assessment of this one game colindavy, I am asking you to consider the damage your thread could do to our club.  We have a new manager who is trying his hardest to get the whole club into a different mind-set, to stop the negativity and set the course for a long term progression.  This player is our manager's choice and therefore we must trust that he knows more than us.  Let us give everyone our respect and support and give them at least a chance.

I am asking you please consider taking down this thread.

United we stand..................

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2017, 04:43:36 PM »
How very dare you Cavalier negativity and agreeing with certain people is what its all about

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 04:59:25 PM »
Give the bloke a chance, for ****'s sake. He's not even pulled the bloody shirt on yet. I hope he gets a hat-trick, and I, and a few others by the look of it, will wait for your public apology to him. it will be the least he deserves after your public damning of him.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »
Saw him about 5 years ago at the Britannia lead the Stoke defence a merry dance whilst playing for York in the FA Cup

Was very impressed and have followed his career ever since. Surprised he's never played higher up

We have a decent signing here. Pleased Gatter has extended his loan too. Fitzpatrick has also impressed me. AM has, in my view, recruited well. Looking forward to a strong finish to this season and a fast start to next

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2017, 08:34:05 PM »
What a stupid thread. Even more stupid that I am bothering to reply.

Dave H

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2017, 08:55:08 PM »
A  waste of time taking an Aussie to a football match, their more  interested in odd shaped balls.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »
Why does nothing ever surprise me any more with some in our fan base. New players, especially when we have not even seen them kick a ball in our shirt, deserve better treatment and more respect. 

colindavy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2017, 09:35:03 PM »
OK, it was a nothing game for me and I was bored. I may have caught him on a very bad day (he was substituted just after half-time). His record suggests he has some talent (although the Southport fan who accompanied me was never a fan).

He may have grown up a little since. Happy to be proved totally wrong, and it won't be the first time.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2017, 09:49:27 PM »
It was only half a game now you based it on.  Even less respect.  Delete the thread.  :-[
United we stand..................