Author Topic: Brodie against  (Read 29534 times)

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brodie against
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 06:14:50 PM »
I remember fans moaning once  under Scott and Hurst because we made a 33 pass move starting with our keeper, they wasnt moaning at the end of it when the ball hit the net,

Some see what they want to see but with most managers I seen decent football

youngchubby69

« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2017, 06:43:32 PM »
Yes GHM Grimsby is not the best of places. But I always find them friendly.
They beat Notts Country today, I am fearing for county now, never been out of the football league,but looking like it might happen now.
The oldest club in the world.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2017, 07:30:43 PM »
They beat Notts Country today, I am fearing for county now, never been out of the football league,but looking like it might happen now.

I think Forest have a transfer embargo too , certainly big financial problems .

youngchubby69

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 07:50:46 AM »
It is a real shame both County and Forrest are in this mess, two clubs with massive history's.
County was sold a couple of weeks ago, but the new owner has uncovered more outstanding debt's, that Ray True had hidden.
They are on an embargo too.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2017, 08:13:11 AM »
How did Brodie play yesterday ?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:28 AM »
could it be said that Nottingham cannot support 2 clubs at league level?
if this is the case and you scale it down could it be said Boston cannot support 2 clubs on the pyramid ?
(tin hat on ..ready for replies :) )

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2017, 08:50:12 AM »

Is he looking match sharp ?

TEP

tom and jerry

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2017, 08:50:53 AM »
typical brodie. gave loads of fouls away and that will never change. got right in the officials face and that of the opposition too. got booked after about 25 minutes for about his sixth foul but after that calmed down and go on with his game

his stinger of a free kick was only parried by their keeper for the first goal and all in all he gave us an excellent focal point for building attacks and for runners to get past and run off

put a good shift in chasing down too. based on yesterday i'd say a decent signing. his know how and general football intelligence will come into its own against the better teams i think

the loanee from lincoln showed flashes too and we now have the best motivator of all at the club- namely COMPETITION FOR PLACES. there is nothing like knowing you have to produce 8/10 week in week out to keep your place to focus the mind

the back 5 were once more very solid looking. since AM came in this is clearly a focus and we are shipping fewer goals now which is great to see. for me the big decision for next week is do we replace brown with robinson? decisions decisions........ who'd be a manager eh?

youngchubby69

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2017, 09:53:16 AM »

Is he looking match sharp ?

TEP
I do think Nottingham is bog enough to support two league clubs,based on population size, many fans fo travel from outside of the city to watch them both.
I do think you have a point about Boston though,just based on population.
Hopefully in the future we might see some of our eastern European friends come and watch our Boston teams, I know that they like there football very much,and do ask me about Boston on regular basis.
An untapped market there I think.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2017, 01:46:10 PM »
Thanks Tom and Jerry - useful report that.

TEP

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2017, 02:57:56 PM »
the loanee from lincoln showed flashes too and we now have the best motivator of all at the club- namely COMPETITION FOR PLACES. there is nothing like knowing you have to produce 8/10 week in week out to keep your place to focus the mind

You're so right about competition for places - even Waide Fairhurst scored yesterday!

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2017, 10:15:37 PM »
Two more goals for Fairhurst last night. That's three goals from two apps for Frickley       - marginally better than his record for us!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »
In my opinion,for what its worth,this is a dreadful post and should be deleted immediately...I'm all for free speech etc  and I do respect your opinions and comments but for goodness sake surely a true BUFC would never post negative  stuff like this....Unless you went to Bradford you've never seen him play for BUFC,people change and move on...lets  all get behind our excellent new manager and embrace what he is trying to do for the club on what I expect is a shoestring budget....{PLEASE}

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2017, 09:04:08 AM »
In my opinion,for what its worth,this is a dreadful post and should be deleted immediately...I'm all for free speech etc  and I do respect your opinions and comments but for goodness sake surely a true BUFC would never post negative  stuff like this....Unless you went to Bradford you've never seen him play for BUFC,people change and move on...lets  all get behind our excellent new manager and embrace what he is trying to do for the club on what I expect is a shoestring budget....{PLEASE}

All players at any level have shortcomings and these will be picked up by some fans , pleasing to see those pointing out RB weaknesses also observe his assets , mostly  good balanced genuine views . keep it going .

Be thankful and reflect that no longer do we get abusive  posts that amounted to no more than an hate campaign against the manager who was having a decent run of success . 

Well done to Chestnuts again for a great appointment .  I think we will see a mainly midlands based team  evolve leaving the likes of Halifax , Harrogate etc  to compete for the northern based players .

« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:06:44 AM by green hats mate »

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2017, 11:03:35 AM »
Just imagine if we'd signed Ched Evans...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/