Author Topic: Brodie against  (Read 29395 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Brodie against
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 10:08:16 PM »
Why does nothing ever surprise me any more with some in our fan base. New players, especially when we have not even seen them kick a ball in our shirt, deserve better treatment and more respect.
I fully agree. Everyone deserves a chance.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

colindavy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 10:15:08 PM »
I've seen him play and he stood out but not for the right reasons. Everyone is allowed a bad game, and if that's all it was, so be it.

We'll see soon enough.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »
I've seen him play and he stood out but not for the right reasons. Everyone is allowed a bad game, and if that's all it was, so be it.

We'll see soon enough.

415 appearances in his career, you chose a bad one and he's automatically an awful signing - ignoring the 134 goals, the vast majority at a level above us.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »

We'll see soon enough.

415 appearances in his career, you chose a bad one and he's automatically an awful signing - ignoring the 134 goals, the vast majority at a level above us.

On the evidence of half a game.  WTF   :'(     Do the right thing colindavy.   Press the remove button!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:19:18 AM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

colindavy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2017, 04:27:49 PM »
"On the evidence of half a game"

Which happens to be half a game more than you've seen.

He was yanked off because even the home supporters were taking the piss out of him.

It may have been a blip ... but putting your fingers in your ears and chanting "I can't hear you," isn't very grown-up.

The 'more clubs than Jack Nicklaus' phrase springs to mind. He may have been misunderstood - he obviously has some talent, but falling over and appealing to the referee at every tackle didn't endear him to his own supporters. hence he was brought off. Perhaps he's grown up in the two years since. We can but hope.

dubai camel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:18 PM »
A couple of years ago, I took my Australian son-in-law to see Everton play. It was a dull game, so to make up for it, I took him to see Southport.

It was a great laugh. A jumped-up nobody playing for Southport embarrassed himself and the home fans by behaving like a total clown. At the merest touch, he continually fell over and complained to the referee. Even his own fans started to barrack him. That may be why he's moved on so much.

Have we really fallen this low? I only hope he's changed his ways, or he'll be gone soon.

Always like to hear a good story - thanks for sharing.

It's one observation, so let's chill everyone, and stop the abuse. :bunny

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 05:10:34 PM »
How many clubs has Ricky Miller played for? If we had signed him instead of Brodie would his number of clubs automatically label him as a bad signing?

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 02:49:34 PM »
No York street you have to watch him play afor a few mins aswel

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 04:04:13 PM »
Conflicting opinions , but as odd as it seems I have only one problem with any of the posts on this thread .

I think Brodie will turn out to be a top class signing .

I also read a lot of Nat Con forums etc  ,  there are many on the forums at SOME clubs who would back the colindavy post .

Time will tell which is the right prediction , whatever the outcome nothing unusual for any of us to be wrong !!!

We,ve made our point , he,s made his and that's what forums are all about .

What saddens me is colindavy made an overall damning assessment of a short appearance Brodie made but did not contain any abusive content .       Yet it is demanded this thread is removed .

During Greene successful period a few posters directed vitriol at Greene on a regular basis and I cannot recall anyone demanding threads to be removed .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 04:51:51 PM »
  Sober post GHM  ;) 

Maybe the team needs a bit of 'attitude'

Rem of those big pillaging units from up North who have done Boston the last few seasons ..

youngchubby69

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:15 PM »
We all don't like Tom Denton,he cheats he plays the ref,he is a bully and sometimes a thug.
Basically an all round trouble maker.
But how many of us would love to see him in a Boston shirt,me for one and probably a lot more, if you are truly honest.
Yes as said before you need characters in every team.

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:36 PM »
Cannot believe what I'm reading here it's fine to have opinions but base them on real facts let's make a judgement on him after around at least 4-8 games.
To say he may not be up to it based on watching a half is hardly worthy information to us fellow supporters.
When I was a scout many times I turned up at games to watch a player and thought why am I here today?? Only to go back another 3 times to watch him be a totally different player.
So as fans let's make judgement in a few weeks time.
I wish him well.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2017, 09:15:51 PM »
We all don't like Tom Denton,he cheats he plays the ref,he is a bully and sometimes a thug.
But how many of us would love to see him in a Boston shirt,me for one and probably a lot more, if you are truly honest.
not Denton.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2017, 09:26:32 PM »

Denton ..... no thanks !  We should never become a hoof ball team to suit one player. BUFC have always had a history of playing good attractive football on the ground.

youngchubby69

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »
Last time Denton played against us he scored a cracking goal, you can't deny that.
Anyway it's just my opinion.
I am sure Brodie will be awesome and I can't wait to see him and Greg together when he his fit again.