Author Topic: Today's game  (Read 16177 times)

spannerman

• View Profile
Today's game
« on: January 07, 2017, 05:38:54 PM »
We are Desperate for a striker,hope we get one by next week and hope next weeks ref does not come on the away bus again ?

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Today's game
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 05:46:04 PM »
 Bit more quality needed in attack and central defence maybe.

And it appears positional experiments have come to nought   :-\

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 05:56:51 PM »
We are Desperate for a striker,hope we get one by next week and hope next weeks ref does not come on the away bus again ?
it showed today that some of our players are very inexperienced we didn't stop when we got pulled back just tried to carry on and loose the ball. Rollins especially. Danny Lloyd for them a good example of how to win free kicks and get people booked. It's not cheating just making the most of a situation

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:05:15 PM »
100% gutted for our brilliant new manager.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

youngchubby69

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:05:59 PM »

Mr Massey simply hates Boston United,he always has a poor game when he refs us.
He has a habit of sending our players off, Maguire against Kettering FA CUP, and today, this poor excuse of a ref blatantly is always biased towards our opposition.
Why has none of our directors not reported this game spoiler to the FA is beyond me.
I think he has a big chip on his shoulder,about being not as good as his wife at refereeing.

But we do really need some quality up front, and what has happened to St Juste,is he injured or away on international duty again?
Good effort though today from everyone, early days still so I am not going to criticize.

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
You can't really complain about a referee just because you think he's biased. I was talking to a Stockport fan on the way out and he thought the referee was rubbish as well. It's just the standard of referee we get at this level. Adam Murray did mention it after the game that the standard of referee in our league wasn't good

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 06:24:40 PM »
It is quite amusing though that the people around me know I go to all home and away games and before kick off ask me what the referee is like and I'm mostly right with my Answers. Believe it or not there are a few half decent ones but I mostly see them at away games. The local ones we get at least 5 times a year each do seem to be the worst though

Steviemas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »
No complaints from me, Stockport by far the better team, we seriously lacked someone up front today, far too lightweight. Think Adam will be busy on the phone this week trying to get somebody in, as an aside nice to see a decent away following who made some noise, sang the whole of the game, credit to them.
        We Are Boston.

youngchubby69

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »
You can't really complain about a referee just because you think he's biased. I was talking to a Stockport fan on the way out and he thought the referee was rubbish as well. It's just the standard of referee we get at this level. Adam Murray did mention it after the game that the standard of referee in our league wasn't good

I am not complaining because he his biased, but because he his rubbish and always has been,I have never seen him put in a decent performance.
Last season when he officiated one of our home games,the linesman on our side,said he tries to avoid being at the same games as him.
I have a friend who refs in the level below us, and he told me he has run the line for Massey and would not do it again, he was told off by Massey for flagging up free kick's, he said you do as your told I am the man in charge not you.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 08:24:23 PM »
Doesn't it say it all when we play an injury prone aging CB up front, over two actual strikers ? Without the presence of Smith i cannot see where the goals are going to come from to beat these top half teams. Think we need to get two proven goal scorers in to be honest, but at this stage of the season, where i do not know.  We always play good passing football, that has always been the Boston way, and it sounds like defensively and going forward we have improved quite a bit, it's just this final third as it has been all season that needs sorting. If we get that sorted asap then we can still make a top ten finish. With some very tough games coming up, it's imperative we get these players in.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 08:27:06 PM »

Mr Massey simply hates Boston United,he always has a poor game when he refs us.
He has a habit of sending our players off, Maguire against Kettering FA CUP, and today, this poor excuse of a ref blatantly is always biased towards our opposition.
Why has none of our directors not reported this game spoiler to the FA is beyond me.
I think he has a big chip on his shoulder,about being not as good as his wife at refereeing.

But we do really need some quality up front, and what has happened to St Juste,is he injured or away on international duty again?
Good effort though today from everyone, early days still so I am not going to criticize.
the ref was poor today, but we were second best throughout. I honestly can't see how we can complain about the result with no shots on target. The highlight for me was watching Gregg Smith take his place up the Town End terrace. That's what non league football is about.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2017, 08:30:24 PM »
 What position  did Hilliard take up ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2017, 08:44:28 PM »
What position  did Hilliard take up ?

The bench in the second half !!!!!

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2017, 09:02:21 PM »
Shdnt have asked .. :-X

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2017, 10:28:02 PM »
Walking out YS car park after the match and got debating the referee's performance. I was with three lads then along comes a Stockport fan and started on me, shit team etc I said had Jay gone t the ground twice when he was one on one and had his shirt pulled they would have lost two players. He then decides to main about the tackle our number 4 did so be sent off, referee seems the foul was by your player and ours just moaned about it. The bloke then crosses the road and starts giving me abuse and calling me names as well as offering to put my lights out.I tried to ask him why he was getting verbal and abusive when I was just debit referee's performance but he carried on and called me a coward, said who's the coward? You crossed the road and started abusing me (all this while he was holding the hand of his 4-year-old kid) he just got louder and more abusive so I just said yeah well hope you get a sodding puncture in the middle of nowhere and are stuck for days goodbye. Pratt .. They were shirt pulling pushing us over or dragging us down in the area all game but he says the ref had a good game so must be me then.