Author Topic: Town End  (Read 18736 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Town End
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2017, 09:36:14 PM »
228 away supporters according to twitter. Not convinced that those sort of numbers justified putting home fans noses out of joint. Right hand side of York Street end looked almost empty.

Looking forward to getting back to my regular place next match. Didn't enjoy the game as much from an unaccustomed angle and also didn't get to see a lot of the people normally around me.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2017, 09:41:30 PM »
It was quite a following ..  almost Gboros home gate  :angel:

And I  know Manc fans can make noise for 90 mins .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
228 away supporters according to twitter. Not convinced that those sort of numbers justified putting home fans noses out of joint. Right hand side of York Street end looked almost empty.

The normal away section holds 202...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2017, 08:33:16 PM »
It would easily fit but suspect with only 2 bogs and a tiny tea hut, there's regs on that.
Halifax have a massive away end unused but when it is it can't be full due to lack of bogs.
Wigans away end concourse isn't big enough so that can't be full

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2017, 04:39:58 PM »
I expect that the wooden seats don't count towards capacity... but are still able to be used. Work that one out!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 09:35:56 PM »
Really disappointed in the club for closing the York Street end to home fans again on Saturday v Darlington. There are people in there who like that end, stand with their mates, etc, and don't enjoy matches as much from other vantage points. You get used to your own positions and are more comfortable in those surroundings. Seems like the york street enders are being treated like second class supporters as we're always the ones kicked out each time a big away following is expected. In the interests of fairness why not even things out and let the stands take it in turns? Couldn't we have tried accommodating the Darlo fans in Spayne Lane?

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 11:01:56 PM »
Really disappointed in the club for closing the York Street end to home fans again on Saturday v Darlington. There are people in there who like that end, stand with their mates, etc, and don't enjoy matches as much from other vantage points. You get used to your own positions and are more comfortable in those surroundings. Seems like the york street enders are being treated like second class supporters as we're always the ones kicked out each time a big away following is expected. In the interests of fairness why not even things out and let the stands take it in turns? Couldn't we have tried accommodating the Darlo fans in Spayne Lane?

So you want to move the spayne road regulars? Its alright they wont moan about that. As for you saying its always york street enders that get turfed out. What utter rubbish, for quite a few seasons its always been the townend which has been vacated for away fans which usually has more home fans in than the york street end

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2017, 06:53:39 AM »

So you want to move the spayne road regulars? Its alright they wont moan about that. As for you saying its always york street enders that get turfed out. What utter rubbish, for quite a few seasons its always been the townend which has been vacated for away fans which usually has more home fans in than the york street end

Of course the Spayne Road regulars would moan, but it should about treating all home fans equally, isn't it? It's less than a month ago that the York Street fans were turfed out when Stockport were in town. Now we're being turfed out again for Darlington. That's two games within barely a month where the regulars haven't been allowed to sand / sit in their regular spots. Not fair is it, when most of us have got season tickets which state "The York Street End" on them? Your argument about the Town End being vacated is historic. Yes, it used to happen. But how many times have the Town End been asked to move this season? So frankly I'm not talking rubbish.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2017, 08:40:36 AM »
More people stand in the Town End than they do in the York Street end. It's about inconveniencing as few supporters as possible.

I'd be interested to see the comparison of season ticket holders in each stand!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:23 AM »
I'd say one fan is as important as the next. I also don't see the point of segregation at this level. I personally wouldn't put them in Spayne Road as its to longer stretch of the ground to pass over.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2017, 09:01:45 AM »
"1) Main Stand; 2) Spayne Road; 3) Town End; 4) York Street" quote from Craig Singleton in terms of season ticket ranking...

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2017, 09:15:08 AM »
As an impartial observer and S/T holder who sits in the main stand it is beyond doubt that the town enders have had to give up their section  far more times than the Y/S end over the years .   You can't please everybody ,   If the visitors are allocated Spayne Terrace probably regulars in the YS stand would rightly be complaining that they were be cramped in their regular seats .   

As an aside I 'm sure the Patter follower who confronted me on the York St car park Tues night will get satisfaction from this post .  Thanks Richard ,  I'm an apostrophe user at last ,  your two minute lesson taught me what our education system failed to do in 70 years . :)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2017, 09:21:57 AM »
How things have changed.  Years ago it was the York St end that held the main home support.  Blood was spilt in defending the End, Derby, Portsmouth, Kettering, Lincoln etc. This was in the bad old days of football violence when Boston had a very bad reputation.

Thankfully this is no longer the case, but makes me smile when I remember the old and famous chant, " you will never take the York Street " ;D ;D
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2017, 09:59:33 AM »
If we don't comply with the safety certificate the game would have to be played behind "closed doors" then we would all have a genuine greivance.
Putting away fans in spayne Road isn't an option as no segregation , no segregated toilets ,no refreshment facilities and no escape route in case of emergency.

I suppose their is, however, an argument over how access is gained to the pilgrim lounge?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2017, 10:20:34 AM »
I suppose their is, however, an argument over how access is gained to the pilgrim lounge?

Through the front door? The areas segregated are inside the ground, not out...