Author Topic: Town End  (Read 18776 times)

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Town End
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:10 AM »
If we don't comply with the safety certificate the game would have to be played behind "closed doors" then we would all have a genuine greivance.
Putting away fans in spayne Road isn't an option as no segregation , no segregated toilets ,no refreshment facilities and no escape route in case of emergency.

I suppose their is, however, an argument over how access is gained to the pilgrim lounge?

I'm talking about the start of the season not sure why we even need to start with segregation

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:07 AM »
If we don't comply with the safety certificate the game would have to be played behind "closed doors" then we would all have a genuine greivance.
Putting away fans in spayne Road isn't an option as no segregation , no segregated toilets ,no refreshment facilities and no escape route in case of emergency.

I suppose their is, however, an argument over how access is gained to the pilgrim lounge?

I'm talking about the start of the season not sure why we even need to start with segregation

SAFETY CERTIFICATE!!

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 11:32:55 AM »

We have an A rated ground, which means we have to designate an areas (or areas) to be used for segregation. The corner of York Street that most teams use has a capacity of 202, so if a club expects more than 202 away fans to travel there are 2 options - move/extend the segregated area, or make it all-ticket. Financial reasons will say extend the area, especially if it means another 100 ticket sales...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:26:55 PM by Pilgrim86 »
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
speaking to a security type on Tuesday night who had been speaking to the Darlo scout in the car park told me they would prob bring about 250
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:31:13 PM by howmanynames2pick »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »

We have an A rated ground, which means we have to designate an areas (or areas) to be used for segregation. The corner of York Street that most teams use has a capacity of 202, so if a club expects more than 202 away fans to travel there are 2 options - move/extend the segregated area, or make it all-ticket. Financial reasons will say extend the area, especially if it means another 100 ticket sales...

Having worked in non league, and on grading issues I'm well aware of grading system I just don't understand the desperation to be A rated. Admittedly I worked at evo stick level and were a B graded with a few simple upgrades to become A.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »

Having worked in non league, and on grading issues I'm well aware of grading system I just don't understand the desperation to be A rated. Admittedly I worked at evo stick level and were a B graded with a few simple upgrades to become A.

There's no desperation - we needed it to be in the Football League, and we've never lost it. Depends on the hassle to relax to a B grade...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 03:30:12 PM »

There's no desperation - we needed it to be in the Football League, and we've never lost it. Depends on the hassle to relax to a B grade...

I find it very unlikely we'll be in the football league at York Street. It would be simple and wouldn't actually cost anything. You'd find it very difficult to get back, just don't see why we need it 

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »

I find it very unlikely we'll be in the football league at York Street. It would be simple and wouldn't actually cost anything. You'd find it very difficult to get back, just don't see why we need it 

It's more about what we had to be, rather than what we need now. It could be that it's easier to keep an A grade, than to be fully re-assessed for a B!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »
Never known that but if you say so

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 05:27:18 PM »
Hardly worth discussing considering we will be leaving YS at the end of the year !

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 05:43:26 PM »
Thats the very point

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 06:57:02 PM »
In the relatively recent past Darlington have had to travel to clubs like Consett, Shildon and West Allotment. I doubt any of those are A grade stadiums and maybe this proves the point that the A grading is a bit over the top for the level we're now at.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »
There is a cost of a few grand for full re-assessment over grading, this was discussed in the local rag a few year back by Mr Newton, I believe is comment was its money thats needed on more important issues

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 08:57:29 PM »
In the relatively recent past Darlington have had to travel to clubs like Consett, Shildon and West Allotment. I doubt any of those are A grade stadiums and maybe this proves the point that the A grading is a bit over the top for the level we're now at.

How many times have they played away at teams with over 1000 home fans? It's OK in the Northern League where they probably had the majority of the crowd, but the club needs to minimise the risk of trouble as much as possible.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:10 PM »
Trouble at Boston ha ha all we have nowadays is a few keyboard warriors yelling at away fans they know cant touch them