Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 6122 times)

youngchubby69

Happy New Year
« on: December 31, 2016, 04:09:24 PM »
Happy New Year to everyone.
Saying it early before I go to work.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 04:50:08 PM »
 Greetings  YC and all .

Tongue in cheek?  predictions for 2017 .

o Lamin Colley becomes a hit as central midfield..and is hailed the new Pogba

o  The Club are instrumental in bringing back the Eastern Professional Floodlit League 

o  GHM is reported missing after going out to look for a dropped 1p .

o The Malks plan a new Glyder type shed on the Quadrant  , tentatively called The Southern Lounge .
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:32:13 PM by father Ted »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »
Greetings  YC and all .

o Lamin Colley becomes a hit as central midfield..

o  The Club are instrumental in bringing back the Eastern Professional Floodlit League 

It,s a struggle Ted , with the plight of us pensioners every little helps , happy new year .

Also happy new year to YC .   
 Working tonight !!!!    Barman?      Did you throw a pensioner in a black and amber scarf out of your club last Saturday night ,  if so can I have my zimmer frame back please . ;)

« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:18:20 PM by green hats mate »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 07:14:03 PM »
Same to you GHM , heres to more big unit signings .
 Cant confidently get out now either ,  but cosy enough , whisky +ginger for me tonite.  :blank:

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 08:56:42 PM »
Happy New Year from me too  8)
In 2017 I hope Adam Murray can get the best out of Mr Colley, and that we extend the unbeaten run to bring us back into playoff contention  8)
I also hope that GHM gets given a new keyboard with an apostrophe key that works  ;D :dan , and some good news on investors in the business part of the Quadrant wouldn't go amiss  :xmasdeer

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »
Greetings  YC and all .

o Lamin Colley becomes a hit as central midfield..

Now look here young Ted I will not have you slagging GHM for loosing his penny. Let me tell you I and another lucky lad was treated to a good drink from him on Boxing Day. He didn't know but he didn't complain. Happy New Year to you and to Pete your always worth a read.

youngchubby69

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 09:45:40 PM »
Father Ted what was the eastern floodlit league?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 10:54:16 PM »
Father Ted what was the eastern floodlit league?

In the late 60s / early 70s there was a competition called the Eastern Professional Floodlit League. Games were played midweek under floodlights and the teams came from the East Midlands - mainly from the Southern League, Midland League and the Northern Premier League. With about 10 teams taking part it was quite a lot of extra games so after a few seasons it reverted to a knockout cup format. Boston United were runners up to Cambridge United in 1969/70, came third behind Bedford Town and King's Lynn in 1970/1 and won it in 1971/2 when it switched to a knockout cup, beating Romford on penalties in the final.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 10:57:15 PM by Ken Fox »

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »
   Don't berate it ,
  Games were pretty entertaining ,may have bought extra revenue as I think crowds were pretty healthy .

And extra match practice did no harm  :blank:

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 05:29:06 AM »
Sounded really good, I always think the atmosphere is a lot better under flood lights.
Thanks for the Information Ken & Ted.
You cant beat actual match fitness, and would be good for trying out youngsters and potential new players.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »
In 2017 I hope Adam Murray can get the best out of Mr Colley, and that we extend the unbeaten run to bring us back into playoff contention  8)
I also hope that GHM gets given a new keyboard with an apostrophe key that works  ;D :dan , and some good news on investors in the business part of the Quadrant wouldn't go amiss  :xmasdeer

My keyboard has an apostrophe on it Ed ,   the problem is I don,t know where to put the bloody things . :dan    I was failed by the Old Leake education system of the 1940/50s .    They did not introduce the apostrophe until about 2003 I believe ,  about the time the decline in Fergie tractors began in Old Leake  ;)
  Happy new year .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 11:35:38 AM »
 There seemed to be more games played in those days
 Mayb Ken can compare 69/70 v 2015/16 8)

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 12:19:58 PM »
Happy new year to everyone. I wonder if Gainsborough will let us be undercover today if it keeps raining

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 01:15:45 PM »

My keyboard has an apostrophe on it Ed ,   the problem is I don,t know where to put the bloody things . :dan    I was failed by the Old Leake education system of the 1940/50s .    They did not introduce the apostrophe until about 2003 I believe ,  about the time the decline in Fergie tractors began in Old Leake  ;)
  Happy new year .

There was an old Fergie in our chicken shed when we moved here, probably long gone now though :-\
Happy New Year to you too  :xmasdeer  :dan

youngchubby69

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
I learned to drive on a grey Fergie.
Happy Days 😊