Author Topic: Lamin Colley  (Read 26685 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lamin Colley
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2017, 09:33:16 PM »
The stark truth is Gregg Smith is the only striker we have that is worth a place in the team .
and didn't it show? without him we had little across the front at all. No team is a one man team, but Gregg is clearly such a big loss. We all new he would be missed, but today showed exactly how much of a void there is without him.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2017, 09:37:21 PM »
Well he came from lower league. .hopefully there is someone  similar around  .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2017, 09:49:41 PM »
Well he came from lower league. .hopefully there is someone  similar around  .

True Ted ,  Greene found Ricky Miller in the Uni South ,  same with Gregg Smith,  and Dayle Southwell in under 21 football .

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2017, 10:02:58 PM »
Thank god murray used his sense and hopefully read this post when deciding not to put lamin on - clearly hes on his way out - im sorry but anyone who struggles at the pre-match warm up (today and every week) says it all for me, how he thinks he will get picked is beyond me.  Talked to Greg after the game, lovely bloke and really genuine takes time to speak to everyone especially my lad, role model if ever there was one - can we get him cloned? seriously tho, fairly good performance by boston to be far didnt expect any more - as say everyone we need more competition upfront, 3 more if fairhurst and lamin are going - probably someone like greg who.can hold the ball and another who can play off him.

All is not lost and we will improve.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
Thank god murray used his sense and hopefully read this post when deciding not to put lamin on - clearly hes on his way out - im sorry but anyone who struggles at the pre-match warm up (today and every week) says it all for me, how he thinks he will get picked is beyond me.  Talked to Greg after the game, lovely bloke and really genuine takes time to speak to everyone especially my lad, role model if ever there was one - can we get him cloned? seriously tho, fairly good performance by boston to be far didnt expect any more - as say everyone we need more competition upfront, 3 more if fairhurst and lamin are going - probably someone like greg who.can hold the ball and another who can play off him.

We are in big trouble if the manager has to read Patter to get his team selection right !

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2017, 10:24:38 PM »
lol it evades me why he is still under contract yet still gets near the bench and is available, might aswell call time if Nat is preffered to our sub strikers, joke really

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2017, 10:27:15 PM »

I too had a word with Gregg and agree with you,he chatted to lots of fans and posed for selfies with a lot,a few more could do with a lesson from him.

youngchubby69

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2017, 02:00:00 AM »
I am sure Adam will sort out the striker issue shortly,we must all be patient and give him time to sort this team out.
By what he said on the radio, he is not going to put up with performances like that anymore, so expect some changes in personnel shortly.
He ain't going to mess about this fella.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »

I too had a word with Gregg and agree with you,he chatted to lots of fans and posed for selfies with a lot,a few more could do with a lesson from him.

Did Gregg give you an update on his injury ,  and a realistic guess at how long he will be out ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2017, 10:59:25 AM »

Did Gregg give you an update on his injury ,  and a realistic guess at how long he will be out ?
back next week...Will play in his cast if necessary!!!!!!!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2017, 11:29:40 AM »
I would think the three most difficult jobs in football management are ...

1.  Unloading unwanted contracted players .
2   Identify a free scoring striker .
3  Managing to sign the said striker .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2017, 01:26:09 PM »
And Boston need 2    ???

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2017, 03:16:58 PM »
And Boston need 2    ???

Many Halifax fans would love to see the back of Tom Denton .   Signing him would take up a grand of our budget .

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2017, 06:01:23 PM »
Best team in NPL appears to be Buxton ..
   Bring on the next John Froggatt   :angel:

youngchubby69

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2017, 07:15:36 PM »
If Denton was a Boston player,he would spend most of his time suspended.
LOL 😁