Author Topic: Lamin Colley  (Read 26689 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lamin Colley
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 05:39:38 PM »
Talking of Donny .. what  happened to that forward who supposed to come to Boston  on loan ?

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 07:25:56 PM »
Talking of Donny .. what  happened to that forward who supposed to come to Boston  on loan ?

Gone back... was only a youth loan so either club could end it at any time. Murray obviously wanted to see what Colley could do instead.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

youngchubby69

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 04:51:25 PM »
A bot of constructive criticism can bring the best out of people, so its time for Lamin to shut us all up.
Come on Lamin show what you can do, this is not criticism but a challenge matey.
Yes we have all had a laugh at your expense, but he who laughs first,laughs last!
Make that come true Lamin.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 04:58:54 PM »
 6'4
  Try him further back .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 10:07:39 PM »
Well now that GS is going to be absent for an undetermined period of time,its an ideal opportunity for LC to step up and prove us all (well most of us anyway) wrong...

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
Played well today when he came on. Lost it a couple of times but a bit of belief and some grit and he will be fine. A goal and some confidence

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 08:41:26 AM »
Played well ????  Okay everyone knows what I think about him as a footballer, we definitely need cover for Greg, Lamins' a lovely lad but he is not the answer.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »
Played well ????  Okay everyone knows what I think about him as a footballer, we definitely need cover for Greg, Lamins' a lovely lad but he is not the answer.
In principal I agree, but next week vs Stockport, he's against his old team. I say give him a go, players have a funny way of doing something different against their former sides. You never know.....
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 03:44:52 PM »
In principal I agree, but next week vs Stockport, he's against his old team. I say give him a go, players have a funny way of doing something different against their former sides. You never know.....

Doesn't that argument only apply against Boston? I can remember Ben Chapman and Chris Holland both scoring against us when I don't think either ever managed it in a Boston shirt. It doesn't seem to happen as much for a Boston player to haunt one of his former employers. Unless anyone else can help my memory?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 03:49:18 PM »

Also the possibility of Kaine Felix coming on as a late sub to score Stockport winner !!!!

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 05:36:05 PM »

Doesn't that argument only apply against Boston? I can remember Ben Chapman and Chris Holland both scoring against us when I don't think either ever managed it in a Boston shirt. It doesn't seem to happen as much for a Boston player to haunt one of his former employers. Unless anyone else can help my memory?

Chris Hollands goal against u was only his 3rd career goal and Ben chapmans goal for kingslynn was is 1st ever, past players love scoring against us

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 07:27:54 PM »
following todays game vs SC......Im guessing that LC is not in our new managers plans....it was plainly obvious at half time that we needed a target striker up front...so on comes Nat Brown(!)... a proven defender playing as a target striker!.....not looking good for LC...

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 08:21:42 PM »
following todays game vs SC......Im guessing that LC is not in our new managers plans....it was plainly obvious at half time that we needed a target striker up front...so on comes Nat Brown(!)... a proven defender playing as a target striker!.....not looking good for LC...
Brown has played up front for Lincoln in the past, but you're right, LC must have been very disappointed when 2 forwards and a makeshift one all come on and leave him sat on the bench. The pecking order just became longer for him.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
The stark truth is Gregg Smith is the only striker we have that is worth a place in the team .

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 08:56:53 PM »
Brown has played up front for Lincoln in the past, but you're right, LC must have been very disappointed when 2 forwards and a makeshift one all come on and leave him sat on the bench. The pecking order just became longer for him.

nice responsive post...however,from memory, Nat did indeed play upfront for Lincoln on occassions....but when he was "younger and more mobile" {no offence meant towards Nat}...