Author Topic: Lamin Colley  (Read 26691 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Lamin Colley
« on: December 27, 2016, 01:45:53 PM »
I hope the new boss quickly works.out how useless this bloke is as a football player.  Totally out of his depth, loses the ball everytime he has it and poses no threat what so ever  apart from nearly getting a red card yesterday for taking someone elses head off.

Im just amazed he keeps playing a part, lets ship him back to spalding, better off playing a striker.from the reserves.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Lamin Colley
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:01:04 PM »
I was worried for my car when he took a shot yesterday.

TEP

youngchubby69

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 03:33:55 PM »
I think he has got ability,but it needs to be nurtured somewhere else.
What has happened to Fairhurst, really can't make him out,he does have ability and knowhow plus experience,but just doesn't seem to want it anymore.

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:47:36 PM »
I think he has got ability,but it needs to be nurtured somewhere else.
What has happened to Fairhurst, really can't make him out,he does have ability and knowhow plus experience,but just doesn't seem to want it anymore.

Probably still busy trolling DG on Twitter.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »
Problem is potential isnt quite good enough when we are trying to get a last minute winner, potential i think is generous - at best i think hes a good Sunday league player, just my opinion, totally out of depth im afraid just like the spaniard we played because it was potential.

Greg smith well deserves his place, we need someone to play off him, and it aint gonna be lamin or wade thats for sure.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 11:28:11 PM »
Reminds me of Mark Rawle, he turned out ok

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 10:51:44 AM »

We nicknamed him Bambi, because he looked like Bambi on ice.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 11:37:21 AM »

Mark Rawle scored goals...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 01:44:02 PM »
Patience is needed. He should be a hot shot in February and March, after all, that's Lamin season!

He might start hitting the baaa. In all seriousness though, his performances as a sub won't have pulled the wool over anybody's eyes.

youngchubby69

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 03:06:09 PM »
Lamin reminds me of a past player called Willy Gamble, he was very much like Lamin and sadly did not improve and couldn't hit a barn door, Willy had a special feature in the Fanzine mag,entitled Willy's Gambles boots, a bit like billy's boots, but in Willys case his boots sadly did not improve his performance lol.

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2016, 05:43:05 PM »
I agree...he needs to up his game {and his none existant first touch} immediately.......his penalty miss against St. Celtic at the beginning of the season at the Town End was possibly the worst attempt at scoring from a penalty kick EVER seen at YS.....perhaps that astonishing miss is still haunting him....

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »
I agree...he needs to up his game {and his none existant first touch} immediately.......his penalty miss against St. Celtic at the beginning of the season at the Town End was possibly the worst attempt at scoring from a penalty kick EVER seen at YS.....perhaps that astonishing miss is still haunting him....

nah, he's just shit

Finchley Tiger

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 09:56:30 PM »
Lamin reminds me of a past player called Willy Gamble, he was very much like Lamin and sadly did not improve and couldn't hit a barn door, Willy had a special feature in the Fanzine mag,entitled Willy's Gambles boots, a bit like billy's boots, but in Willys case his boots sadly did not improve his performance lol.

I saw Willy in Retford last week when we were talking about the trials and tribulations of Worksop Town & Retford United.

Willy's son, Owen, is doing well at Sunderland, playing as a right back in their U18 side. He joined them from Donny Rovers at the start of last season.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2016, 02:10:26 AM »
Good that Willie is doing well, he did seem to loose hos way with us, probably trying to hard at times.
He got a lot of stick from the fans,and that seemed to effect him in a negative way.
Perhaps we should lay of Lamin,and just let things take their natural course,as they normally do.

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:16 PM »

nah, he's just shit

A couple of points:

(1) Shouldn't we be supporting and encouraging our players rather than mocking them? Lamin Colley isn't the best player we've ever had, but he's human and I'm sure he will have read some of the comments on here. Strikers are at their best when they are confident, frankly some of the comments on here could destroy a player who must already be low on confidence. We've seen similar behaviours in the past, for instance when a large section of the home support cheered after Simon Rusk was substituted. I don't really get it - if we're true supporters then we back whoever wears the shirt at any given time. I've never spoken to Adam Murray, but I'm sure he'd rather our supporters were encouraging Boston players instead of attacking them.

(2) Please explain to me why Lamin is the player that is being singled out here. A few weeks ago we lost 9-2 at Fylde and whilst the home side were very good, some of our team put in the most abject performances I can ever remember in many years of watching Boston. Not long afterwards we threw away a two goal lead to crash out of the FA Trophy against a team two leagues below us. Embarrassing as both games were, Lamin was still on loan at Scarborough for both matches so isn't to blame for either of those failings. And yet despite the massive shortcomings of lots of others this season Lamin gets a thread all of his own to describe how **** he is! It's disproportionate - lots of other players have let us down more.

Lamin - if you are reading this then ignore the negative comments - lots of supporters are behind you. Go and score the winner at Gainsborough mate, that will shut the critics up.