Author Topic: Boxing Day v Gainsborough  (Read 10859 times)

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Day v Gainsborough
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »
Steelihat - get a hat that doesn't fall over your eyes so that you can see the game properly!!

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »
I thought we got away with a decent result against a average curzon side but yesterday Boro were awful and we only come away with a point.
Plus point for me is a huge one as Batchelor is dominant in the air and defends along the lines of the way pidge did long clearing headers and also organises the back four well.
If we had Agnew and Roberts fit with Rollins playing regularly we would be okish.
Still like the way mr Murray is going about it as the shape is better defensively.
We do need another centre forward and colley to be released.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
I thought we got away with a decent result against a average curzon side but yesterday Boro were awful and we only come away with a point.
Plus point for me is a huge one as Batchelor is dominant in the air and defends along the lines of the way pidge did long clearing headers and also organises the back four well.
If we had Agnew and Roberts fit with Rollins playing regularly we would be okish.
Still like the way mr Murray is going about it as the shape is better defensively.

Adnew is leaving so is brown by the sounds of things, with 2 players coming in . Agree bout Batchelor and as for colley.... Well he brings a bit of fun to a dull game lol. That guy is so far out is comfort zone i almost feel sorry for him

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 12:44:30 PM »
Adnew is leaving so is brown by the sounds of things, with 2 players coming in . Agree bout Batchelor and as for colley.... Well he brings a bit of fun to a dull game lol. That guy is so far out is comfort zone i almost feel sorry for him
re:the "Laminator"...I think we should start with him cause opposition defenses won't have a clue what he's up to, and the confusion he will cause,it should leave our other forward thinking players room to run into! Poor guy just needs a goal to settle him down a bit, or maybe I should just take back my rose tinted christmas present!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

youngchubby69

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2016, 03:45:49 PM »
Brown should have gone month's ago,in fact DG should never have signed him.
He did the same at Lincoln last season,played himself in to contract,mysteriously got himself an injury,thigh or groin which are notoriously hard to prove otherwise.
Sits on his arse counting his money for nothing then hey presto he gets fit and plays well at the back end of the season to con another gullible manager to signing him on for another season.
What he must be costing us must be astronomical, if he gave a toss he would have asked to have his contract cancelled, but not Nat he on the take,which hopefully will soon come to an end.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »
Brown should have gone month's ago,in fact DG should never have signed him.
He did the same at Lincoln last season,played himself in to contract,mysteriously got himself an injury,thigh or groin which are notoriously hard to prove otherwise.
Sits on his arse counting his money for nothing then hey presto he gets fit and plays well at the back end of the season to con another gullible manager to signing him on for another season.
What he must be costing us must be astronomical, if he gave a toss he would have asked to have his contract cancelled, but not Nat he on the take,which hopefully will soon come to an end.
brutally put, but I do agree with your basic opinion. Played well, got contract, became injured, sat on the sidelines counting the cash, bad business.

John Bunyan, 1684

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2016, 03:50:22 PM »
re:the "Laminator"...I think we should start with him cause opposition defenses won't have a clue what he's up to, and the confusion he will cause,it should leave our other forward thinking players room to run into! Poor guy just needs a goal to settle him down a bit, or maybe I should just take back my rose tinted christmas present!

Not only their defence that has no clue what he is up to,his team mates and the fans are in the same position. Adam told me that during the pre match warm up he hit ten shots at the open goal and missed with NINE of them. A tall bloke who is scared to head the ball wtf? He gambles that the defender will miss it and leave him with a run to goal.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
Poor game, played on a poor pitch, in poor weather by two (very) poor teams.

Boston were marginally the better team until they scored, then Trinity had the best of the last half hour - draw probably a fair result
Smith, playing up front for Boston has perfected the art of winning free kicks (hooks his arm through the defenders, turns and falls - 4 successful times today)
Interesting to see BUFC fans comments on the ref - we thought he was a blatant 'homer' with most decisions going Boston's way - especially the free kicks around our area

Both teams need to be worried about were they will finish, BUFC have changed their manager and unless things improve quickly, can't see Trinity keeping faith with theirs

A 'homer' ref eh? Card count: United 4 Trinity 0

An incredible statistic considering the goalkeeper was time-wasting from minute 1 (and was spoken to, but still did it!), the physical treatment of Smith and the number 11 complaining about every single decision that went against him (even when he clearly kicked the ball out for a throw, he moaned he didn't get the decision!).
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2016, 05:04:11 PM »

Not only their defence that has no clue what he is up to,his team mates and the fans are in the same position. Adam told me that during the pre match warm up he hit ten shots at the open goal and missed with NINE of them. A tall bloke who is scared to head the ball wtf? He gambles that the defender will miss it and leave him with a run to goal.
all joking aside, many years ago a player called Neville Searchwell became known to us. He was a tall forward of Afro-Caribbean origin.....ringing any bells....well for those who remember him, his style of play was very similar. He claimed he'd represented great Britain, but apparently it was at basketball! No one knew what he was going to do, team mates included. I hope Lamin finds the nets soon or a team who will suit his level a !ittle more than we do. At the moment, he's this years pantomime horse.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2016, 06:22:22 PM »
 Does Greg Smith remind anybody of Jon Parkin , who is still around at National league level .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »
The manager mentions in interview the state of the pitch and how that means we are having to play very basic stuff. We have a new manager, some new players in and more on the way plus the atmosphere at games is getting better by the day yet the pitch has gone down hill and frankly become probably one of the worst surfaces in the league, it was only a few years ago Nobby was rewarded by the league for the quality of the pitch. I think I read in close season that Nobby was retiring but has any move been made to replace him? a pitch cannot look after itself and remain good with just the odd cutting. I am happy that we are getting players in but if we are looking for quality as Adam says we are they will need better than a park pitch to play on. Needs a few bob spending on an agronomist to sort it out, and a groundsman who can do more than just run the mower over it. This is not having a go at whoever is doing the job now as they are probably volunteers and do their best, but it does need sorting out.  UTP. 

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2016, 08:39:52 PM »
The manager mentions in interview the state of the pitch and how that means we are having to play very basic stuff. We have a new manager, some new players in and more on the way plus the atmosphere at games is getting better by the day yet the pitch has gone down hill and frankly become probably one of the worst surfaces in the league, it was only a few years ago Nobby was rewarded by the league for the quality of the pitch. I think I read in close season that Nobby was retiring but has any move been made to replace him? a pitch cannot look after itself and remain good with just the odd cutting. I am happy that we are getting players in but if we are looking for quality as Adam says we are they will need better than a park pitch to play on. Needs a few bob spending on an agronomist to sort it out, and a groundsman who can do more than just run the mower over it. This is not having a go at whoever is doing the job now as they are probably volunteers and do their best, but it does need sorting out.  UTP.
steady on oxo, you'll start a turf war.

John Bunyan, 1684

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2016, 10:14:10 AM »
Talking to Nobby on Monday, it appears he is helping out again for a while but not going back to full time