Author Topic: Boxing Day v Gainsborough  (Read 10860 times)

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boxing Day v Gainsborough
« on: December 26, 2016, 01:06:23 PM »
Looking forward to this one as it'll be the first match I've seen under the new management.
Its a bit breezy around the trossachs so I hope they play some good football on the ground  :xmasdeer

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Boxing Day v Gainsborough
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:06:21 PM »
Looking forward to this one as it'll be the first match I've seen under the new management.
Its a bit breezy around the trossachs so I hope they play some good football on the ground  :xmasdeer
lots of huff and puff from both sides. Probably just about the right result. Had we scored a second, I think we could have gone on to a comfortable win, as I felt we bossed the game for the first hour, but a defensive error to gift an unnecessary corner led directly to the equaliser, and from that point, I felt Trinity were the more likely to score. Still, 3 games unbeaten for Mr Murray is a decent platform. Onwards and upwards.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 06:33:36 PM »
The manager summed it up nicely on the radio ie; the main object of stopping losing has been achieved however he acknowledges the need to strengthen. Thought Colley did an excellent job in convincing everyone that he is useless. In all a disappointing result after being in control for 65 minutes but again lots of players gave it their all again.

Jumpers4goalposts

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:28:32 PM »
Wasn't particularly impressed with the midfield, needed somebody with greater ability on the ball imho. Thought the young lad from York might have been given a run, looked strong on the ball when used from the bench the other week. Just needed that bit of extra quality in the middle of the park.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 07:37:44 PM »
Enjoyed the game today, lots of pluses, a few minuses though. No out and out goal scorer, lots of wasted passes. One of the most feeble Refs I have ever witnessed, I'd love to know where the FA get these people from. If you're reading this Mr Ref, please take note. If you tell any one to stop wasting time, next time they do it, book them. If they whinge in your ear from the centre circle to the tunnel, book them again, show them a red.
I can't see us going down, but I can see a huge clear out end of season. Oh and I agree about what someone said about one of the subs, poor.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:39:51 PM by lonegunman »
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 09:21:52 PM »
Poor referee who did no the rules, trainer comes on player has to leave the field,,but did not twice and one was for a head injury.
Trinity are very poor side, sure to go down this season.
We looked much stronger than we have all season, so think that's a step in the right direction.
Tom Batchelor was outstanding, and he even came over to spayne road and shook our hands and said thankyou for your support,a lovely touch from a nice chap, a future captain I think.
A fantastic turn out today from the fans, even Trinity,well done all.
Disappointed by some booing at the end, lets hope that was directed at the ref, not the players or manager.
Overall a good hard working performance,no fairhurst though I wonder if he has left the club ??

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
Bloody ref,he gives a free kick after their donkey number 5 shoves Greg to the floor,free kick comes in and again he shoves Greg to the floor,Magoo gives a goal kick,then as Greg makes is way out the area number 5 blatantly trips him up.Ref goes and has a word to both saying cut it out,so by that action he saw what happened so that should have been A) a red card and B) a penalty. I was told weeks ago that the FA are facing a shortage of refs in higher leagues so they are fast tracking young ones through,where they would normally spend a few years in lower league they are now getting a handful of games before being promoted.

On another note,anyone else hear the rumour flying around today about a certain out of work manager taking over at Tinpot very soon?

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 09:25:49 PM »
Poor referee who did no the rules, trainer comes on player has to leave the field,,but did not twice and one was for a head injury.
Trinity are very poor side, sure to go down this season.
We looked much stronger than we have all season, so think that's a step in the right direction.
Tom Batchelor was outstanding, and he even came over to spayne road and shook our hands and said thankyou for your support,a lovely touch from a nice chap, a future captain I think.
A fantastic turn out today from the fans, even Trinity,well done all.
Disappointed by some booing at the end, lets hope that was directed at the ref, not the players or manager.
Overall a good hard working performance,no fairhurst though I wonder if he has left the club ??

The FA changed the rules from September that players needing treatment no longer have to leave the field of play. Stupid when you think they brought that rule in to stop players feigning injury to stop the flow of the game,another step backwards from those high up.

Bodge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2016, 10:05:45 PM »
Think some of you have some rose tinted glasses. We huffed and puffed against the poorest Gainsborough side I've seen in years that's only got one win and one draw with eight defeats on the road. I can't think of a Boston player that clearly out performed they're Boro counterpart even the number 5 beat Smith to the headers nearly all game. The new managers got a lot to do, we are in a relegation battle people.

bostonwoody

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2016, 11:24:45 PM »
if the referee has authorised the doctors and /or stretcher bearers to enter
the field of play, the player must leave on a stretcher or on foot. A player who
does not comply, must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour

(Unless he plays for Gainsborough Trinity??)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/FootballDevelopment/Refereeing/02/79/92/44/Laws.of.the.Game.2016.2017_Neutral.pdf

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »
Poor game, played on a poor pitch, in poor weather by two (very) poor teams.

Boston were marginally the better team until they scored, then Trinity had the best of the last half hour - draw probably a fair result
Smith, playing up front for Boston has perfected the art of winning free kicks (hooks his arm through the defenders, turns and falls - 4 successful times today)
Interesting to see BUFC fans comments on the ref - we thought he was a blatant 'homer' with most decisions going Boston's way - especially the free kicks around our area

Both teams need to be worried about were they will finish, BUFC have changed their manager and unless things improve quickly, can't see Trinity keeping faith with theirs

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2016, 11:30:29 PM »
if the referee has authorised the doctors and /or stretcher bearers to enter
the field of play, the player must leave on a stretcher or on foot. A player who
does not comply, must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour

(Unless he plays for Gainsborough Trinity??)

http://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/FootballDevelopment/Refereeing/02/79/92/44/Laws.of.the.Game.2016.2017_Neutral.pdf

Unless the player who causes the injury is given a yellow card (both occasions today - ref spot on)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2016, 04:26:04 AM »
I've a feeling DG will be there before long Steelihat.  :dan
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2016, 06:52:38 AM »
Yes I agree with DG turning up at Trinity as Manager,been saying that for a while, Carla loves Trinity and so will Den.
Relegation battle for Boston can't see it, we are on a unbeaten run now and we look organized at last.
Adam has only been in charge for three games for god sake, give him a chance, he does not have a magic wand.
But he does have a lot of knowledge and has played at the highest level, and knows how to get results, and for the moaners, moan away I won't spend anytime on you and I am sure Adam will not, this man is not DG and will not be goaded on the pitch or social media.
He has a job to do,be patient and watch him work hard,as after all he is professional through and through.
Thanks for putting me right on the injury rule,much appreciated,good to learn something new.

Old Pilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2016, 09:38:11 AM »
Poor game, played on a poor pitch, in poor weather by two (very) poor teams.

Boston were marginally the better team until they scored, then Trinity had the best of the last half hour - draw probably a fair result
Smith, playing up front for Boston has perfected the art of winning free kicks (hooks his arm through the defenders, turns and falls - 4 successful times today)
Interesting to see BUFC fans comments on the ref - we thought he was a blatant 'homer' with most decisions going Boston's way - especially the free kicks around our area

Both teams need to be worried about were they will finish, BUFC have changed their manager and unless things improve quickly, can't see Trinity keeping faith with theirs

A 'homer' ref eh? Card count: United 4 Trinity 0