Author Topic: Adam Chapman  (Read 10719 times)

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Adam Chapman
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:03:26 AM »
http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/gainsborough-trinity-repel-raids-on-squad-ahead-of-boxing-day-derby-clash-with-boston-united/story-30001815-detail/story.html

It seems another Conference North club wants to sign Adam Chapman from Gainsborough. That would be the same Adam Chapman that was playing for Mansfield last season. I wonder which Conference North club it could be?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Adam Chapman
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:56:21 AM »
Some Stag fans were speculating last week that this player would be a target for AM.
Will be interesting to see if he appears for either side in the holiday fixtures .

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
Apparently he's played for Newport County also, one of my colleagues follows Newport County
Says he's a decent player, she also follows this forum and says hopefully the trolls will keep
Quiet.

Richard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:57:59 PM »
Adam Chapman and Adam Murray are good friends from there days together at Oxford United, I believe that the reason he signed for Mansfield was because of Adam Murray.

He is a decent player, was MOM for Oxford in our playoff match at Wembley in 2010. But things didn't really work out for him at Oxford after that. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Boston though

stagparty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:09:24 PM »
Evening Pilgrims.

Mansfield fan in peace, took an interest in Boston when you signed AM and having moved over to the East coast 18 months ago I have no excuse not to drop in sometime.

"Chappers" personally I would have not been unhappy had he still been in our squad, scored a hatrick on his debut for us in a 4-1 home win against Stockport, I have his shirt from that game as we had a prawn sandwich day and was given the job of choosing the MOM, not to hard when somone bags a hatrick?

Would he do a job for you? 100% yes on his day defiantly leugue 2 standard at a minimum, think politics took him where he is rather than form.

AM, what's your thought so far? Mixed emotions when he left, the guy is very likeable but his tactics seemed to be don't lose rather than win, far to many occasions we closed shop when 1-0 up to avoid defeat rather than press on and gurantee a win, checkout our record how many games we lost or drew after taking the lead, I wish him well and hope he does a job for you guys, he's a sound guy and will be 110% committed to the cause.

Steve Evans, talking the talk at the moment let's hope he can walk the walk.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 11:53:25 PM »
Evening Pilgrims.

Mansfield fan in peace, took an interest in Boston when you signed AM and having moved over to the East coast 18 months ago I have no excuse not to drop in sometime.

"Chappers" personally I would have not been unhappy had he still been in our squad, scored a hatrick on his debut for us in a 4-1 home win against Stockport, I have his shirt from that game as we had a prawn sandwich day and was given the job of choosing the MOM, not to hard when somone bags a hatrick?

Would he do a job for you? 100% yes on his day defiantly leugue 2 standard at a minimum, think politics took him where he is rather than form.

AM, what's your thought so far? Mixed emotions when he left, the guy is very likeable but his tactics seemed to be don't lose rather than win, far to many occasions we closed shop when 1-0 up to avoid defeat rather than press on and gurantee a win, checkout our record how many games we lost or drew after taking the lead, I wish him well and hope he does a job for you guys, he's a sound guy and will be 110% committed to the cause.

Steve Evans, talking the talk at the moment let's hope he can walk the walk.
welcome, first job for AM is to shut up shop and stop our leaky defense. So far so good, 1 win and 2 draws, just what the doctor ordered, so damage limitation is a high priority. Players seem to be believing in themselves more and look like a unit since his arrival, so another couple of plusses. January transfer targets will shape the remainder of our season, along with shedding some squad dross. Happy so far from my perspective. PS don't mention the Scottish Feller on this forum, ill feeling still runs very deep in many quarters. No doubt he can talk the talk, but over time you may find he thinks he's better than he is, and will think he's bigger than your club. Good luck. Prediction...short term success, long term headaches.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 10:17:49 AM »
Murray's remit this season is to quash any doubt about us staying in this division, and 2nd to push us up as high as possible - while building a squad over the next 18 months to get back into Play Off contention.

Good teams are based on a good defence, so it's a step in the right direction - we've gone from conceding 16 in 3 games, to just 3.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
Done deal.

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 07:50:57 PM »
Done deal.

He must be a better player than he showed for Trinity

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 08:25:42 PM »
Done deal.

You've probably just beat some of our moaners to that post Steeli  :D. Seriously though was he not so good for you? I know he has worked with our manager before maybe he thinks he can bring him on.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

youngchubby69

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 09:55:57 PM »
Lets see what AM gets out of him, I would expect some really good performances, Chapman is an organizer and apparently has real gift for spotting a run and spraying the ball about.
I wouldn't look much into his recent performance's at Trinity,after all they are a poor team.
Welcome Adam and the best of luck 🍀.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 11:21:36 PM »
Done deal.

Do you even have any decent players? ;)
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Steelihat

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
Done deal.

You've probably just beat some of our moaners to that post Steeli  :D. Seriously though was he not so good for you? I know he has worked with our manager before maybe he thinks he can bring him on.

Anonymous really

Can't say we'll miss him, because we never really noticed he was there.

youngchubby69

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
Like most of your team then?

beefpilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
Anybody read the write up about Adam on his wiki page. Apart from doing a bit of time in his younger days of which he has done his time for the crime, the other fact is he burnt his nipple once when shaking a babies bottle. How very random and bizarre! It is under the personal life section.
A moaney clapper!......... best of both worlds