Author Topic: "Pilgrims are an absolute shambles defensively"  (Read 20351 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: "Pilgrims are an absolute shambles defensively"
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 08:01:41 AM »
DG said 'my fault' when talking about the current squad on Twitter last night.

Well, yes. I honestly think that the mass post-Ferriby exodus was simply too much for him to fix, especially as his heart didn't really seem in it. Many of us thought as much over the summer, so it's no great surprise the season has unravelled so spectacularly.

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 08:06:11 AM »
I went to that shambles. In s season of new lows, we've crawled under the lower bar again. Shameful how players couldn't pass, win headers, track runners and win 50/50s after they got one back.
We were a car crash again all night at the back, had they had a prolific striker in the 2nd half especially,  they would've racked up eight or nine. We missed a sitter at the back post and their keeper made one comfortable save all night.
Embarrassing.
Can only wish them well in Rd 1 but imagine they'll be in for a shock at the gulf in level between us and chester

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 08:09:32 AM »
Whoever gets the job will need a lot of support from the supporters. Let's face it, anyone prepared to take on the task of saving BUFC from relegation will either be very brave or very confident he can do the job.
Are we in the middle of a DG mid life crisis legacy.
What sort of person tweets that's Fairhurst should be taken off because he's not good enough when, as someone else has posted, he signed that player in the first place and continued to use him despite the fact that nearly everyone in the ground could see he was rubbish from day 1.
Did DG deliberately sign such a lot of not up to standard players knowing he would be leaving and wanted to leave the club in the s****.
Just wondering, that's all.

He actually said he was not fit so should be taken off.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 10:13:31 AM »
I went to that shambles. In s season of new lows, we've crawled under the lower bar again. Shameful how players couldn't pass, win headers, track runners and win 50/50s after they got one back.
We were a car crash again all night at the back, had they had a prolific striker in the 2nd half especially,  they would've racked up eight or nine. We missed a sitter at the back post and their keeper made one comfortable save all night.
Embarrassing.
Can only wish them well in Rd 1 but imagine they'll be in for a shock at the gulf in level between us and chester
I was at the game last night and it has taken me till now to try to put into words what happens. We started like a team fired up ready to prove people wrong and got 2 good goals. Then one silly foul and they score and the game totally changed they grew in confidence and our defence looked like what we all know it is a group of people low in confidence and unable to do the simple things. On the way home we all agreed we really are in desperate trouble on the pitch and the new manager is going to have to be able to get rid of the players we have and bring in a whole new defence or I fear relegation. Only my honest opinion of the game some may see it differently I hope I'm wrong.

Shaun G

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2016, 10:15:46 AM »
He was good and in my own opinion should still be there to sort it . I think his major downfall was not seeming able to organise a defence and his social media skills , but his gone and the next appointment needs to be spot on Dave Frecklington or Martin Drury for me

I think our defence is about the same quality as the one Drury left at BPA when he got sacked .

I think you will find that Martin drury defence at Bpa was certainly not the issue, I believe they were defensively sound about 5th best in the league. Didn't score enough goals and drew too many games!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »
In  our haste to criticise DG we have overlooked the men on the pitch tonight , from what you picked up from radio it appears many treated the match as a jogging session .  Daylight robbery ,   sorry for Chestnuts and Bunny .
yet these are still Dennis' players, and therefore the criticism still more than partially lies there. OK, so he wasn't at the helm tonight, but he still must shoulder a huge amount if the blame, so, with apologies GHM, Bunny has been left with a temporary bum steer. None of it his fault, he's just mopping up the rubbish that's been left for him by a chap I am still going to level the blame at.

No need to apologise TTT . my point was we was all having a go at DG and it is true what you say  ,  when in fact by all reports the players just did not turn up and do a fair nights graft .  Green,s gone , if they had issues with him that's no excuse now ,  their duty is to the club who pay them . They grossly let the club and fans down .
Getting endless posts now but while on the DG subject,  I was insistent he was the man when others predicted otherwise .  looking at the league tables for the last three seasons I think I have been vindicated .  Yes I agree now he must go .   How many who predicted failure for DG have admitted they were wrong and their abusive posts were unjustified ?

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »
There you go again GHM. You just can't help having a dig at other posters on here can you. Others criticise the football side and you criticise the posters. No wonder people stop contributing.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2016, 12:07:52 PM »
What is interesting is how everyone seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet now that the team is really in the kak. Even GHM hasn't moaned yet about ANYONE thinking differently to him. Perhaps that's because we are all paddling the same boat.

The majority of fans had been singing from the same hymn sheet the last three seasons ,  only a minority underestimated Greene .

I have submitted posts recently trying to explaining the drawbacks to managing BUFC as opposed to managing most the other teams in our league .  Some have rushed on the keyboard without absorbing my points claiming I was defending DG .   Well yes I was , but in most my posts I made it clear the new manager would be confronted with the same problems .  Sadly I fear that fans will be having to be reminded with future managers .    Still many fans believe that BUFC is still a top team in this league  , not so , sadly other clubs for various reasons have overtook us and make it difficult to compete.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2016, 12:39:20 PM »
There you go again GHM. You just can't help having a dig at other posters on here can you. Others criticise the football side and you criticise the posters. No wonder people stop contributing.

Your 3rd post !!!!welcome to the Patter Oops,  good to see you enjoying contributing to the Patter .

Many posters do not fit your description ,  yes a few do come on with the sole purpose of moaning , and you mostly find these object to a suggestion that they may be wrong .
Most come on to express an opinion which some agree with and some don,t  ,  its called debate  and is a usually conducted in a civilised manner .  Certainly if every one agreed with each other it would be pointless having a discussion forum .

Some people disagree with we and others agree with me which is par for the course so I am happy .

Being new I suggest you go back in the Patter archives before passing judgement .  hope you note that it was recommended by one poster that a contribution of mine should be displayed in the club programme every match .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2016, 01:36:57 PM »

Your 3rd post !!!!welcome to the Patter Oops,  good to see you enjoying contributing to the Patter .

Many posters do not fit your description ,  yes a few do come on with the sole purpose of moaning , and you mostly find these object to a suggestion that they may be wrong .
Most come on to express an opinion which some agree with and some don,t  ,  its called debate  and is a usually conducted in a civilised manner .  Certainly if every one agreed with each other it would be pointless having a discussion forum .

Some people disagree with we and others agree with me which is par for the course so I am happy .

Being new I suggest you go back in the Patter archives before passing judgement .  hope you note that it was recommended by one poster that a contribution of mine should be displayed in the club programme every match .

Woe betide anyone who has an opinion on this forum GHM.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2016, 01:52:34 PM »
I'm sure that there are many of your contributions that should be printed out and would then be very useful in many places. It doesn't alter the fact that you just can't help yourself having digs at other posters. Perhaps you should take time to reflect on your old posts and maybe the penny will drop and and you will see what I mean. By the way, I have been reading the stuff put on here for several years now so I don't need to look through any archives to form my opinion that anyone with a different view to yours should shut up.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
 GHM is a robust cove
 I think there's a sense of humour in there some where  ;)

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2016, 02:37:02 PM »
I have known GHM for over forty years.  He tends to speak a lot of sense, as pointed out by FT, some tongue in cheek.

Like myself we cast the line to see what we can hook.

Sad really, we have nothing better to do ;) ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2016, 02:50:42 PM »
I will say true of anyone posting on an weekday afternoon !

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2016, 04:00:18 PM »
I'm sure that there are many of your contributions that should be printed out and would then be very useful in many places. It doesn't alter the fact that you just can't help yourself having digs at other posters. Perhaps you should take time to reflect on your old posts and maybe the penny will drop and and you will see what I mean. By the way, I have been reading the stuff put on here for several years now so I don't need to look through any archives to form my opinion that anyone with a different view to yours should shut up.

Oops ,   , we have so much in common you should have joined years ago . 8)