Author Topic: "Pilgrims are an absolute shambles defensively"  (Read 20436 times)

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
Re: "Pilgrims are an absolute shambles defensively"
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 10:11:20 PM »
He was good and in my own opinion should still be there to sort it . I think his major downfall was not seeming able to organise a defence and his social media skills , but his gone and the next appointment needs to be spot on Dave Frecklington or Martin Drury for me

Artemis

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
Well it's just as well we lost tonight because with our current defence we would have got hammered at home against Chester.  The defence has been woeful since the start of the season but never got sorted.   Sack the lot of them as they aren't doing what they are paid to do.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2016, 10:18:12 PM »
He was good and in my own opinion should still be there to sort it . I think his major downfall was not seeming able to organise a defence and his social media skills , but his gone and the next appointment needs to be spot on Dave Frecklington or Martin Drury for me

I think our defence is about the same quality as the one Drury left at BPA when he got sacked .

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2016, 10:20:41 PM »

You are joking "should still be there" The reason he isn't is because he didn't have a clue how to sort it out. What the hell has social media skills got to do with sorting a shambles out on the football field? For goodness sake admit it he had lost the plot and didn't have it in him to turn things around or the players to do it, HIS PLAYERS.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »
But the apologolists will still say how good he was! The clown is saying Fairhurst is not good enough on twitter! Who signed him????

He left us a load of dross ,  but you can,t take away his record .    Time will tell if overachieved for 3 years , or lost the plot at the end .
my current opinion is he did both. Got a decent team within a tight budget to do good things for 3 years, but April 2016 is where that stopped. Lost the plot after Ferriby p!ay-off.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2016, 10:25:29 PM »
I wonder if Greg Fee is a serious candidate ..seen again tonight . .

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2016, 10:28:15 PM »
Like I said that's just my opinion to which I'm entitled just like are yours OXO

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2016, 10:32:28 PM »
In  our haste to criticise DG we have overlooked the men on the pitch tonight , from what you picked up from radio it appears many treated the match as a jogging session .  Daylight robbery ,   sorry for Chestnuts and Bunny .

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2016, 10:43:00 PM »
Whoever gets the job will need a lot of support from the supporters. Let's face it, anyone prepared to take on the task of saving BUFC from relegation will either be very brave or very confident he can do the job.
Are we in the middle of a DG mid life crisis legacy.
What sort of person tweets that's Fairhurst should be taken off because he's not good enough when, as someone else has posted, he signed that player in the first place and continued to use him despite the fact that nearly everyone in the ground could see he was rubbish from day 1.
Did DG deliberately sign such a lot of not up to standard players knowing he would be leaving and wanted to leave the club in the s****.
Just wondering, that's all.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »
In  our haste to criticise DG we have overlooked the men on the pitch tonight , from what you picked up from radio it appears many treated the match as a jogging session .  Daylight robbery ,   sorry for Chestnuts and Bunny .
yet these are still Dennis' players, and therefore the criticism still more than partially lies there. OK, so he wasn't at the helm tonight, but he still must shoulder a huge amount if the blame, so, with apologies GHM, Bunny has been left with a temporary bum steer. None of it his fault, he's just mopping up the rubbish that's been left for him by a chap I am still going to level the blame at.

John Bunyan, 1684

Oops

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 10:56:08 PM »
What is interesting is how everyone seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet now that the team is really in the kak. Even GHM hasn't moaned yet about ANYONE thinking differently to him. Perhaps that's because we are all paddling the same boat.

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2016, 11:01:19 PM »
Yea I,ll say it first,,Up the creek !

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2016, 11:03:30 PM »
What is interesting is how everyone seems to be singing from the same hymn sheet now that the team is really in the kak. Even GHM hasn't moaned yet about ANYONE thinking differently to him. Perhaps that's because we are all paddling the same boat.
I've never changed my stance, but took the opinion that the Chestnuts know best, even though I would have hasd Dennis go a year ago. I was proven wrong last season, but where even a tiny glimmer of hope lies now is beyond me. We need a manager with the nads to grab the team where it hurts, shake them up, get rid if the dross, and find some way of turning a very average bunch into a squad who can at least survive the drag into the bottom three. I'm currently clinging to the hope that there were 3 teams worse than us, but I'm not sure there are.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2016, 11:14:42 PM »
Assuming a new mgmt. team is up and running by Xmas , that leaves 4 interesting ? months to concentrate on the League  ???

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »
Assuming a new mgmt. team is up and running by Xmas , that leaves 4 interesting ? months to concentrate on the League  ???
let's hope it's a case of a happy new year!

John Bunyan, 1684