Author Topic: Well done Lincoln!  (Read 5436 times)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well done Lincoln!
« on: December 05, 2016, 09:47:40 PM »
Great result for Lincoln! Not bad for a team miles from anywhere it must be hard to attract players?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Lincoln!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:27 PM »
Great result for Lincoln! Not bad for a team miles from anywhere it must be hard to attract players?

Full-time of cause ,  might it be that their players don,t have to work all day before playing .
Full credit to their supporters , instead of mounting an abuse attack on the manager they did something about giving their manager a better budget by fund raising , right attitude by the fans .
£300k a year donor also helps a little as does having gate well superior to most the other teams in the NC .
Credit to the Cowley boys , look as they will go a long way .  Made good use of their time under Greene .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 10:52:16 PM »
Touché GHM :D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:26:25 AM »
Have to say well done both on the win and the 7000 crowd.
As for Lincoln being in the middle of nowhere....much nearer to Sheffield Scunthorpe Barnsley Doncaster Chesterfield than we are...but I think you know that KON...your a very naughty boy :)

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 11:12:21 AM »
Still in touch with Danny Cowley after managing against him many times.
The success at Lincoln is not a surprise to me as his team reflect everything he brings to a club the main ingredients are 110% effort from everyone work rate commitment and desire.
He also won't suffer fools and will remove weak links.
Well done to him.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 11:24:08 AM »
The success at Lincoln is not a surprise to me as his team reflect everything he brings to a club the main ingredients are 110% effort from everyone work rate commitment and desire.
Well done to him.

Very impressed the way he came over on local TV last night .
What do you think the Cowleys will make of the draw sp ?        A top performance at Portman Rd would surely put them in the frame for a Championship job on their own doorstep in the near future .

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »
Great game, great performance. Cowley's a hugely impressive manager - if he keeps this up then Lincoln won't keep hold of him for long. There are probably a lot of Imps fans hoping he can get them out of the Conference this season before someone swipes him.

Good luck to them. I hope they do it - it's good for Lincolnshire football and if nothing else it gives us a boot up the arse to try and chase them down, rather than hoping they carry on being crap and get relegated down to our league!

If the touted annual £300k input is correct, I wouldn't consider them bankrolled either. For a full-time side it's a relatively modest sum compared to some of the insane and unsustainable investment that you see even down in our league.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2016, 12:10:35 PM »

Full-time of cause ,  might it be that their players don,t have to work all day before playing .
Full credit to their supporters , instead of mounting an abuse attack on the manager they did something about giving their manager a better budget by fund raising , right attitude by the fans .
£300k a year donor also helps a little as does having gate well superior to most the other teams in the NC .
Credit to the Cowley boys , look as they will go a long way .  Made good use of their time under Greene .

Pete your point about fans raising money to improve the budget has some merit and it baffles me why this doesn't happen at BUFC. Okay the club runs the 50/50 draw using great volunteers and BUSA the golden goal but apart from that there seems to be little else that supporters are involved with. Now we know there is a shortfall in the funding for the new stadium and I am sure the board is doing what it can to rectify that position but it surprises me that the board are not inviting the supporters  to get involved in some sort of fundraising to help that situation or indeed raise funds to increase the playing budget, particularly as we have a new manager taking over. Okay i know some will say get on with it but it really does need encouragement from the top to get these things started.

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2016, 01:09:28 PM »

Pete your point about fans raising money to improve the budget has some merit and it baffles me why this doesn't happen at BUFC. Okay the club runs the 50/50 draw using great volunteers and BUSA the golden goal but apart from that there seems to be little else that supporters are involved with. Now we know there is a shortfall in the funding for the new stadium and I am sure the board is doing what it can to rectify that position but it surprises me that the board are not inviting the supporters  to get involved in some sort of fundraising to help that situation or indeed raise funds to increase the playing budget, particularly as we have a new manager taking over. Okay i know some will say get on with it but it really does need encouragement from the top to get these things started.

Well said Mel.  Surely something to stir the imagination of the support into dipping their hands in their pockets.  Something to aim for, a target.  It has to be something extra and not something to subsidise monies already being used.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2016, 02:07:17 PM »
I know at Lincoln they raised the money long with lots of rewards for fans.
Also every penny raised was matched by the board.
It was started in pre season and proved a way for supporters and businesses along with the club to all feel as one.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 02:43:20 PM »
Fundraising, and doing our bit as fans has been mentioned in the past but it is something we should look into more.  I wouldn't mind paying an extra quid or even two if it meant it went into the team.  Although, we have had gripes over the cost of tickets already this season, or that the programme is not worth the money, so i cannot see some wanting to give an extra few quid per week. Strangely, or should i say not surprisingly,  these gripes have come from the very same people who moan about the club not doing enough on all fronts. It's time we as fans did more if we want on field success.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 05:29:57 PM »
Well done to him.
What your success rate Shrimper?
Is your name going into the hat?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 06:18:15 PM »
I've only managed in the Essex senior league and ryman league so although I'd love to have a go I feel I'm at least 1 level below what's required.
I would like to offer my services as a scout i feel I can spot a player.
Having been scout in league 2 a few seasons back.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 06:42:58 PM »
I've only managed in the Essex senior league and ryman league so although I'd love to have a go I feel I'm at least 1 level below what's required.

Well at least you are qualified to comment :)
Southend way??

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 08:26:20 PM »

Put your name in the hat, that's what we need a BUFC fan as manager ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late