Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72348 times)

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #150 on: December 09, 2016, 03:09:47 PM »
Keep refreshing club Twitter,, but I guess we know next Wed/Thurs  :-X

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2016, 10:39:58 AM »
Trust you are not implying this new poster is me GHM? No idea who you are referring to anyway but I can hardly be bothered to post under my name. Still dont know what I have done to upset you I am sure. Lets hope the new manager can get in some better players than we appear to have at present-- at least he is sort of northern!!

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2016, 10:46:27 AM »
Trust you are not implying this new poster is me GHM? No idea who you are referring to anyway but I can hardly be bothered to post under my name. Still dont know what I have done to upset you I am sure. Lets hope the new manager can get in some better players than we appear to have at present-- at least he is sort of northern!!

Nice to see you back mr Woodhall keep the posts coming

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2016, 01:00:16 PM »

Disagreeing with your comments does not say you have upset me , no none abusive comments disagreeing with me do , if we can,t express an opinion on others comments a forum is not a place to be .  Only unfounded disrespectful posts directed at other people offend me .  Looks as though we may be having you on here again ,  note the usual closing  "last post ".comment missing on his occasion .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:08:50 PM by green hats mate »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »

At random I,ve been through the Nov 15th 2015 v  Worcester thread .   It s clear reminder that there are numerous "happy clappers who live a  sad existence " on patter apart from me , that have a different opinion to you.,    All us "luvvies are in it together .   
Ranting and slinging dummy is not the way to debate , nor picking on one particular poster .

Be grateful for help and information handed out by fellow posters .  I see on the above thread when asked ,you revealed you played under Ken Oxford when appearing for BUFC Reserves ,   A poster came on to remind you Ken was manager for Boston FC not BUFC, all helps to keep the record straight .
 If you feel you need a new outlet to vet your anger ,  I will happily be the target .  I will not waste time responding , now where have I heard that before .?

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 14, 2016, 02:02:47 PM »
I can assure you that Ken Oxford did manage Boston United Reserves and I played in that team. I dont know or care if he also managed the other club in the town. Somebody should get their facts straight. I am sure Dr Fox  will confirm the facts

youngchubby69

« Reply #156 on: December 14, 2016, 03:08:29 PM »
Someone mentioned the recently departed Mansfield Town manager Adam Murray.

I often find it's difficult to judge potential new managers because in most cases they'll only be available because they've been sacked, which never makes them look an appealing option, and win ratios don't tell you anything about context. That's why I like to see what fans of their previous clubs make of them if possible.

I asked a Mansfield fan the other day what his opinion of Murray was and he said he a good young manager who would be a good appointment.

Looks like Patrick was on the money with this quote, well done 😊

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 14, 2016, 05:32:09 PM »
I can assure you that Ken Oxford did manage Boston United Reserves and I played in that team. I dont know or care if he also managed the other club in the town. Somebody should get their facts straight. I am sure Dr Fox  will confirm the facts

Looked back through the tread  to see where the confusion lie .  When you said you played for BUFC it was assumed you meant the 1st team,  you failed to state it was the reserves ,    hence the misunderstanding .    On second look its even more confusing because another poster claims Tommy Lowder was reserve team manager and Ken Oxford was manager of the Sunday team .     Hopefully Ken can clarify ,  along with the number of appearances made by D Tucker for BUFC reserves .
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 05:35:33 PM by green hats mate »

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:53 AM »
We were in the Lincs league Pete when if I remember all those years back it was at the time the first team were just getting back into the West Midlands League. Think Tommy Lowder was long gone from the club by then?, but Ken was definitely manager of us, and he banned us from playing local Sunday league football too!!!!