Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72300 times)

stevie blue

• View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2016, 08:01:38 PM »
Gainsborough or more likely FC Manchester! Plenty of fans in Manchester to upset!
according to rumour, and I stress, unconfirmed rumour, he was at the Northolme yesterday. Or was it his twin brother?

Not rumour , reported on bbc lincs .

And I had a chat with him and Clara in "Club on the Park" :)

Stevie Blue
 God

Stevie Blue Avatar

Member is Online

23 hours ago overboard and trinityblue11 like this

Quote Edit like

Post Options

Post by Stevie Blue on 23 hours ago

Mr Greene took in the delights of Club on the Park etc today

« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 08:56:22 PM by stevie blue »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
Still think we need an experienced manager till the end of the season, someone with aggression,determination and above all organisation. Step forward Steve Thompson. Just listened to his answer when asked by Horton yesterday if he was interested he didn't say yes or no like a good politician he ducked the question. Sometimes you learn more by what is not said.

Stevie Thompson a true Boston United legend, a term I do not use loosely. I remember his encounters with the Altrincham bearded hard man King.  I was gutted when he went to Lincoln.

Something worries me about Steve, he never mentions on radio he ever played for us.

He puts himself across as a true imp.  I know very few managers manage the team they support, but an Linscum fan as our manager, no thanks.

The worry for me would be if we came a nursery team for Linscum. >:(
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:17 AM »
We've already got a Lincoln fan as our chairman (and chief scout).

My lasting memory of Thommo is him becoming manager at Notts County and signing a few ex-Pilgrims - ones he had been watching during Radio Lincs commentary!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »
Couldn't give a flying eff if our new manager had a Lincoln City tattoo - it really doesn't matter does it?

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2016, 12:31:50 PM »
totally agree it just about sums up the way some of our so called fans view football.
who ever gets the job here will come under pressure from all angles its a joke when you have people who really have weird views on this football club and how it should be run and who it should be run by.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2016, 12:54:36 PM »
totally agree it just about sums up the way some of our so called fans view football.
who ever gets the job here will come under pressure from all angles its a joke when you have people who really have weird views on this football club and how it should be run and who it should be run by.

I think the main problem sp is most of them think the club has limitless funding , or expect the club to spend money they have not got .
We have to face the fact there are several clubs in our league that can outbid us on securing managers and players .

Just had a though !!!!!   How about Mark Carney for manager .     Quantitative easing is the answer  :)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2016, 07:01:24 PM »
well said that man

John C

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2016, 08:32:26 PM »
Whilst I agree it doesn't matter at all. I always thought Steve Thompson was a Sheffield United fan...

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2016, 10:13:11 AM »

So I am a ( so called fan ) people who know me know different to that.

In the 70's and 80's I ran a coach to most away games.

A season ticket holder for many years until work commitments made it not viable.

I was the biggest sole seller of the Pilgrim lottery at it's peak.

I even bought a house down Spayne road to be near the club I love.

I am not making out I am any better than any other supporter, but I do take offence to being called a " so called fan " because you do not agree with what I say.

As I said Stevie Thompson ( in my opinion ) is a United Legend.

Did he leave us under a cloud?  I do not know the answer, but have you ever heard him say on radio he ever played for us?  It's as if he has erased that period in his career from his mind.

You may be happy with a Lincoln City Chairman ( i am, thank you Mr Newton )

You may be happy with a Lincoln City Scout  ( needs to improve )

You may be happy with Lincoln City manager.

Can anyone else see where I am coming from?  The danger is we could become a nursery team for Lincoln City.

We are BOSTON UNITED a club with history and a club in our own right.

Look back on my previous posts,  I have never called for Greene to go.  I have never called for any manager to go.  But I am entitled to an opinion about the type of manager to manage our club.

End of rant, ( from a so called fan )

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2016, 10:51:43 AM »
What did Man Utd fans think when former Liverpool and Man City player, Matt Busby, brought huge success to their football club? Jamie Carragher was an Everton fan as a boy... didn't stop him having a long career at the highest level with Liverpool.

Does it really matter who the manager supports? If you want it to be a BUFC fan, then the list is very short to choose from...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2016, 11:08:22 AM »
What did Man Utd fans think when former Liverpool and Man City player, Matt Busby, brought huge success to their football club? Jamie Carragher was an Everton fan as a boy... didn't stop him having a long career at the highest level with Liverpool.

Does it really matter who the manager supports? If you want it to be a BUFC fan, then the list is very short to choose from...

You have the wrong end of the stick.  I am not bothered if the new manager supports North Korea.  What I am bothered about is BUFC becoming Lincoln City reserves.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:10 AM »

You have the wrong end of the stick.  I am not bothered if the new manager supports North Korea.  What I am bothered about is BUFC becoming Lincoln City reserves.

There was a lot for us to digest Dip ,   but I got the main point ,  I,ll let you know if I see a house come on the market on the A16 Wyberton  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 11:13:25 AM by green hats mate »

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »

There was a lot for us to digest Dip ,   but I got the main point ,  I,ll let you know if I see a house come on the market on the A16 Wyberton  :)

What and leave sunny Fosdyke ;)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
Another name to ponder....Jim Harvey has left Altrincham. OK, so the nearest team he's ever managed is Forest Green or Halifax, but a man with 20 years pedigree at our and at a similar level,  and according to Wikipedia a career managerial win ratio of 42%. Not bad. Was at Halifax last year prior to Billy Heath's appointment?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2016, 07:24:12 PM »

So I am a ( so called fan ) people who know me know different to that.

In the 70's and 80's I ran a coach to most away games.

A season ticket holder for many years until work commitments made it not viable.

I was the biggest sole seller of the Pilgrim lottery at it's peak.

I even bought a house down Spayne road to be near the club I love.

I am not making out I am any better than any other supporter, but I do take offence to being called a " so called fan " because you do not agree with what I say.

As I said Stevie Thompson ( in my opinion ) is a United Legend.

Did he leave us under a cloud?  I do not know the answer, but have you ever heard him say on radio he ever played for us?  It's as if he has erased that period in his career from his mind.

You may be happy with a Lincoln City Chairman ( i am, thank you Mr Newton )

You may be happy with a Lincoln City Scout  ( needs to improve )

You may be happy with Lincoln City manager.

Can anyone else see where I am coming from?  The danger is we could become a nursery team for Lincoln City.

We are BOSTON UNITED a club with history and a club in our own right.

Look back on my previous posts,  I have never called for Greene to go.  I have never called for any manager to go.  But I am entitled to an opinion about the type of manager to manage our club.

End of rant, ( from a so called fan )

Steve Thompson spoke passionately of his affection for BUFC on the radio on Saturday and of his playing days. Don't think we would become a nursery for Lincoln, he has applied a couple of times to become the gimps manager with little success. In my opinion he would be a good choice till the end of the season to steady the ship and bring some discipline and passion back.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR