Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72290 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2016, 11:46:17 PM »
I thought DTW called GHM the oracle ..reply#85 . .
 I take  it Nortyforties =Andy Butler .

I come back to this later Ted ,  I,m going out clubbing now .

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2016, 08:00:06 AM »
We could be seeing him again sooner than you think, although not in the home dug-out!
United we stand..................

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2016, 10:46:07 AM »
Gainsborough or more likely FC Manchester! Plenty of fans in Manchester to upset!

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
Not said a word on the subject of Dennis Greens leaving yet as I wanted to understand what had exactly happened. Everyone knows that He and I didn't always see eye to eye but happily that is now in the past and will stay there. I like many thought he was on his way after the Halifax game when we are led to believe he tended his resignation but was talked out of it by the chairman, It was also said that he had been given additional money to strengthen the team. This is now bothering me as he has now gone (by mutual consent ) after the chairman contacted him just a two or three weeks later.  As there has been no strengthening of the squad ( I don't accept a couple of youth team players on loan cost money) Is that money still there? and is it still available to the next manager?.
It has been very apparent from very early on that the majority of the signings were very poor and that this season would be a struggle even I could see that, there was no obvious leader as he had let Garner go perhaps the only one left who as captain could have got them playing as a team. Signing a player on contract without testing his fitness hence he has never played a game ( not the players fault ) this is bad business and bad management. We are lacking all over the park but managing to score goals but the defense has been and still is very poor but the manager showed no acumen in setting up for a defensive game when required and also showed no urgency to rectify the situation.
In conclusion Dennis Greene brought us some good times for a couple of years for which I am grateful but the reality is as he himself said he had taken the club as far as could, having said that there is no way he could carry on collecting his money as the club went down hill.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2016, 11:41:28 AM »
Gainsborough or more likely FC Manchester! Plenty of fans in Manchester to upset!
according to rumour, and I stress, unconfirmed rumour, he was at the Northolme yesterday. Or was it his twin brother?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
according to rumour, and I stress, unconfirmed rumour, he was at the Northolme yesterday. Or was it his twin brother?

Not rumour , reported on bbc lincs .

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »

wonder what Dom Roma thinks to that. His league position and season are similar to ours, and many of the better players  he inherited are at Ferriby or Halifax. At least it's not just us!

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2016, 01:43:27 PM »
Not said a word on the subject of Dennis Greens leaving yet as I wanted to understand what had exactly happened. Everyone knows that He and I didn't always see eye to eye but happily that is now in the past and will stay there. I like many thought he was on his way after the Halifax game when we are led to believe he tended his resignation but was talked out of it by the chairman, It was also said that he had been given additional money to strengthen the team. This is now bothering me as he has now gone (by mutual consent ) after the chairman contacted him just a two or three weeks later.  As there has been no strengthening of the squad ( I don't accept a couple of youth team players on loan cost money) Is that money still there? and is it still available to the next manager?.
It has been very apparent from very early on that the majority of the signings were very poor and that this season would be a struggle even I could see that, there was no obvious leader as he had let Garner go perhaps the only one left who as captain could have got them playing as a team. Signing a player on contract without testing his fitness hence he has never played a game ( not the players fault ) this is bad business and bad management. We are lacking all over the park but managing to score goals but the defense has been and still is very poor but the manager showed no acumen in setting up for a defensive game when required and also showed no urgency to rectify the situation.
In conclusion Dennis Greene brought us some good times for a couple of years for which I am grateful but the reality is as he himself said he had taken the club as far as could, having said that there is no way he could carry on collecting his money as the club went down hill.

A lot of intriguing points there for us to ponder Mel .   Pleased that the DG business is water under the bridge .   On Friday evening I got an email from Steve Housham ,  seems him and DG have made it up as well .  Steve made a brief reference to budgets , and how some teams have big spending power that others can,t compete with .

When S &H came we struck lucky in the fact that they had inherited a ready made team from David Holdsworth that only needed a bit of fine tuning .  They were based local by our standards (Loughboro UNI)  and would be on fairly modest wage I guess .  This served us fine for 2 years until they  and the managers left .

After two short stay managers Dennis came in ,   He signed Miller , Mills ,Felix , Pidge and Southwell,  also some top class loans which secured us play-off places .   The loans he brought this season is utter dross in the main .    Your guess will probably be better than mine Mel but I would hazard a guess that some players in this league now are paid more than Mills , Southwell, Felix and Pidge got at Boston put together . A reality check some seem reluctant to accept , now DG has gone they must accept that any manager at Boston has a massive job on their hands .

I share your concerns over the budget .   The conundrum is that DN rightly avoids a budget that we cannot afford .   Unlike many supporters a good NC manger will factor in that to get players in when competing with the money teams would command a massive budget , which would be unaffordable to us .     Therefore I see the better managers seeing us as only a stop-gap job , if they consider it at all .     Hard to accept but at the moment we are in the "poor relations " of the league and little signs it will change in the very near future .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2016, 01:48:26 PM »

wonder what Dom Roma thinks to that. His league position and season are similar to ours, and many of the better players  he inherited are at Ferriby or Halifax. At least it's not just us!

Would think Dom will know DG future is not at Northolme .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2016, 02:10:06 PM »
They happen to be mates and talk to each other on Twitter, Den did say he was going there to catch up with them sometime.

He also put on twitter when talking to Southwell he was going to come down there for a catch up to............ Just thought id quash the wycome roumers before they start lol

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 04, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »
When hes gone  hes gone ..

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 04, 2016, 03:20:12 PM »
When hes gone  hes gone ..
but like many players and managers alike, they keep popping up to haunt you every now and again. No reason why the subject of this discussion will prove in time to be any different.

John Bunyan, 1684

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2016, 04:22:04 PM »
He was a bit of a pied-piper ..

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2016, 05:05:51 PM »
Still think we need an experienced manager till the end of the season, someone with aggression,determination and above all organisation. Step forward Steve Thompson. Just listened to his answer when asked by Horton yesterday if he was interested he didn't say yes or no like a good politician he ducked the question. Sometimes you learn more by what is not said.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2016, 05:30:55 PM »
Sounds a hard type.but did some one say he wasn't interested..