Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72346 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2016, 10:22:17 PM »
Still don't understand this name a manager rubbish.  The place i work needs staff I dont have to suggest them

No referral policy at your place then? We get a grand per successful suggestion. So after tax, £8.

AdyG

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2016, 11:42:22 AM »
Still don't understand this name a manager rubbish.  The place i work needs staff I dont have to suggest them

Agreed, and as fans we are customers, not employees.

We have a very successfull, well informed local businessman who decided the time was right to let the manager go. I think most fans would place their trust in the clubs current chairman to make a decision on a new manager after a long carefull consider process of evaulating the 20+ cv/applications already recieved and interviewing the most promising candidates.

While Greene did a reasonably good job & personally i'd have liked/trusted him to have seen the season out, he won NOTHING. In my opinion during the last decade (10 years) we had our best management under Scott & Hurst (who unfortunately were poached by a bigger club in a higher division). in the previous decade Neil Thompson also did a very good job with limited resources in LEAGUE2.

Greene already admitted he couldnt progress the club forward, and followed on by setting up a team and tactics that led to us letting in 6 (SIX) goals in 30mins against fylde (even San Marino dont normally concede 6 in 30mins especially in 1st halfs), then having to be saved by fog 1-0 down against a team 2 divisions lower without looking capable of scoring a goal. Injuries can be an excuse, but chairman was justified to act.

The Chairman sets the budget, sets the targets, appoints the Manager/s. We have a chairman that paid of our CVA, invests £100k+ per year into the club. Greene has gone, now is the time to look to the future.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 01:27:51 PM by AdyG »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2016, 01:02:16 PM »

Agreed, and as fans we are customers, not employees.

We have a very successfull, well informed local businessman who decided the time was right to let the manager go. I think most fans would place their trust in the clubs current chairman to make a decision on a new manager after a long carefull consider process of evaulating the 20+ cv/applications already recieved and interviewing the most promising candidates.

While Greene did a reasonably good job & personally i'd have liked/trusted him to have seen the season out, he won NOTHING. In my opinion during the last decade (10 years) we had our best management under Scott & Hurst (who unfortunately were poached by a bigger club in a higher division). in the previous decade Neil Thompson also did a very good job with limited resources in LEAGUE2.

Greene already admitted he couldnt progress the club forward, and followed on by setting up a team and tactics that led to us letting in 6 (SIX) goals in 30mins against fylde (even San Marino dont normally concede 6 in 30mins especially in 1st halfs), then having to be saved by fog 1-0 down against a team 2 divisions lower without looking capable of scoring a goal. Injuries can be an excuse.

The Chairman sets the budget, sets the targets, appoints the Manager/s. We have a chairman that paid of our CVA, invests £100k+ per year into the club. Greene has gone, now is the time to look to the future.

The last paragraph says it all ,   Lets ALL respect his  decisions as the majority of us do Andy .   

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2016, 01:53:30 PM »
So still nothing constructive to add for the future Pete, just more grumbling about me

noughtyforties

• Veteran Member
  • Making a stand against apologists since 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2016, 08:37:45 PM »
I'll take it as a compliment that someone I don't know and who probably doesn't know me classes me as 'the oracle'! I think this is my first post on here for about 2 years, too many keyboard warriors hiding behind the anonymity of a username on here for my liking, on the Facebook page you know who you are falling out with, and generally its someone who I can have a drink with and respect. On here it can be any old coward who fancies a pop because it was OK to fcuk into me during the Evans regime. As regards my outburst at the Halifax game I apologized on Facebook to anyone who was offended and in the ground v Brackley I apologized to a bloke who pulled me up about what I said and he accepted my apology in the right manner.

Greene made it personal by sending some personal messages via social media to the boy who as you may know, travels from Birmingham to 95% of home and away games (I think he's missed about 4 aways in 3 years and about the same number of homes as midweek trains back to Brum from here are non existent), so it became personal on my part though that.Having said that no one can condone the personal stuff about his partner, that's dragging things back to the bad old days of Evans and the Tartan Taliban and those responsible should be ashamed of themselves. I met Clara(?) at Ferriby and at Alty this season and she was lovely and to think some knuckle draggers were shouting what they did is beyond reprehensible.........as a club we've a few complete tw@ts in the support who need to look at themselves.

Aside from being a complete idiot on social media I will say fair play to him for the 3 full seasons we had him for, although he never sorted the disaster area that was the midfield and defensively looked less than convincing you couldn't fault the entertainment value most of the time. However the fact remains we lost two play off semi finals under him despite taking a two goal lead in both second legs and this summer I got the feeling his recruitment was at best scattergun and at worst just plain lazy.

Giovanni Trappatoni once said that a coach shouldn't stay at a club above 3 years because he is like a fish and begins to stink if things go stale, sadly thats just what happened here.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
Don't always 100% agree with you Andy on all things.
However that it is an honest post.
Respect

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2016, 09:50:42 PM »
I thought DTW called GHM the oracle ..reply#85 . .
 I take  it Nortyforties =Andy Butler .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2016, 10:45:51 PM »
Think Dennis could be heading to Trinity, after all they arei Carla's first love :D
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2016, 10:49:51 PM »
I'll take it as a compliment that someone I don't know and who probably doesn't know me classes me as 'the oracle'! I think this is my first post on here for about 2 years, too many keyboard warriors hiding behind the anonymity of a username on here for my liking, on the Facebook page you know who you are falling out with, and generally its someone who I can have a drink with and respect. On here it can be any old coward who fancies a pop because it was OK to fcuk into me during the Evans regime. As regards my outburst at the Halifax game I apologized on Facebook to anyone who was offended and in the ground v Brackley I apologized to a bloke who pulled me up about what I said and he accepted my apology in the right manner.

Greene made it personal by sending some personal messages via social media to the boy who as you may know, travels from Birmingham to 95% of home and away games (I think he's missed about 4 aways in 3 years and about the same number of homes as midweek trains back to Brum from here are non existent), so it became personal on my part though that.Having said that no one can condone the personal stuff about his partner, that's dragging things back to the bad old days of Evans and the Tartan Taliban and those responsible should be ashamed of themselves. I met Clara(?) at Ferriby and at Alty this season and she was lovely and to think some knuckle draggers were shouting what they did is beyond reprehensible.........as a club we've a few complete tw@ts in the support who need to look at themselves.

Aside from being a complete idiot on social media I will say fair play to him for the 3 full seasons we had him for, although he never sorted the disaster area that was the midfield and defensively looked less than convincing you couldn't fault the entertainment value most of the time. However the fact remains we lost two play off semi finals under him despite taking a two goal lead in both second legs and this summer I got the feeling his recruitment was at best scattergun and at worst just plain lazy.

Giovanni Trappatoni once said that a coach shouldn't stay at a club above 3 years because he is like a fish and begins to stink if things go stale, sadly thats just what happened here.

Thanks for enlightening us Andy .  Hopefully that's the end of a nasty chapter .

Looking at player recruitment,  I have put a few posts on recently which some people accepted , others dismissed them as Greene propaganda . 
I have a fairly long list of statistics that I have compiled which I will put  on here in the near future in an abbreviated form related to the shift in the league geography .    Briefly what some now refer to as the "Manchester League"  consists of 11 teams (half the league ) within a 25 mile radius of Manchester .   Suddenly the likes of Salford , afc Fylde , demoted Halifax , Harrogate have sucked the neighbours into higher spending .  Apart from their new found wealth,  these teams are in a soccer hotbed,  in the same 25mile radius exist...    2PREM clubs ,  5 Champ clubs and 5 L1 clubs , a hotbed of rejected local talent to draw on .   
Boston catchment area if extended to 35 miles consists of just one league club (Peterborough ). 

The outcome is that these teams between them have 14 derbys of only 10 miles distance ,  another 25 of a distance of 30 miles or under and 19 under 50miles .       Many of these games boosting the gate by 100s.
Contrast these  with our sole derby of 55  miles .     For the above teams 55 miles s a fairly long away trip for players and fans .
More money and less travelling makes these teams a magnet for the better players .

When it comes to us recruiting with little or no local talent to draw on the only option is to draw players from further afield .
Presumably part-time footballers prefer not to drive to the outback of Lincolnshire 2/3 times a week to ply their trade and demand a premium for doing so .  With the above in mind I fear it is very unlikely for the ex-manger or the incoming manager can produce a side to be genuine competitors for a play-off place .    I hope to be proved wrong but cannot see it .

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:51:32 PM by green hats mate »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2016, 10:51:51 PM »
N40 and DT ignore the apologists our chairman could see where the club was going with Del boy.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2016, 10:55:53 PM »
GHM forget your figures and move on! He's gone and won't be coming back...hopefully

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2016, 11:12:59 PM »
GHM forget your figures and move on! He's gone and won't be coming back...hopefully

What on earth are you taking about ,what an absolute load of crap ,  read the thing correctly .  explain how  I am supporting Greene in any way when I say he could not get us into the play-offs .    The figures are relevant to the club and I have produced them to explain the difficulty confronting whoever manages BUFC .  I like facts and figures they have substance.   What substance does soundbites ...sack the manager ....Greene apologist... etc contain .  have a little sit down with DT  before you abuse the next manager and come up with meaningful comments .  Which statistic(s) is incorrect .?   
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 11:24:47 PM by green hats mate »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2016, 11:15:51 PM »
Instead of using your figures I suggest somebody to DN for the job!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2016, 11:26:58 PM »
Instead of using your figures I suggest somebody to DN for the job!
Explain what you mean .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »
N40 and DT ignore the apologists our chairman could see where the club was going with Del boy.

Andy (n/40) goes to great length to explain details and bring closure to the  subject , which appeared to be successful .
You are not happy with a peaceful outcome and attempt to reignite the flames ,  don,t think you,ll be happy until DN gets Greene back so you can express vitriol again.