Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72406 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
My one email other than predictions. Best for the club that he has gone.
In my opinion it should have been a long time ago, several missed opportunities.

We need to get a northern based manager and before anybody says anything
that is down to the chairman to decide and I have faith in him to get it right.

I will not respond further. Enough problems as it is.

Difficult post to understand for some maybe ,  hypocrisy is a word that may spring to mind . 
March 4th 2013 on the appointment of Greene as manager,  DT was urging us to " get behind the new manager " and the chairman .  In fact DT was true to his word commenting weeks later stating he liked him .   This pledge quickly became worthless as he soon continually  mounted constant abuse directed at Greene .   Little respect there for the Chairman,s choice of manager .   

Apart from his postings on Patter many of us have witnessed him directing  vitriol on a regular basis at all the managers DN has appointed ,  particularly Jason Lee , Graham Drury and Greene .  No respect whatsoever for the chairman.
On the commercial side many fans on Spayne Terrace suspect from his comments to match officials that he has a financial interest in Specsavers  :)   Never short of an idea as the where the lino,s should stick their flagsticks . :)

Lets hope when DN appoints a new manager DT is true to his word and this time show respect for the appointment . 

On the plus side unlike many others when pressed to name a new manager DT did respond .  Neil Redfern was his choice .
Neils management record .
                              P 120   WON 32     DRAW  23     LOST 26 
Be nice if DN can meet Neils demand of in excess of £50k per annum and provide him with the budget he demands and keep one supporter happy ,  well for a week or to !!!
GHM, curiosity begs me to feel I have to ask regarding the stats on Mr Redferns record above. What happened in the other 39 matches?  ::)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:17:24 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

aggy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2016, 08:32:06 PM »
Steve Kittrick - storming the Unibond North  with Scarborough & bags of this level experience with Guisley

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2016, 08:55:58 PM »
Steve Kittrick - storming the Unibond North  with Scarborough & bags of this level experience with Guisley

Also sacked twice whilst in Conference North... 
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2016, 09:03:15 PM »
My one email other than predictions. Best for the club that he has gone.
In my opinion it should have been a long time ago, several missed opportunities.

We need to get a northern based manager and before anybody says anything
that is down to the chairman to decide and I have faith in him to get it right.

I will not respond further. Enough problems as it is.

Difficult post to understand for some maybe ,  hypocrisy is a word that may spring to mind . 
March 4th 2013 on the appointment of Greene as manager,  DT was urging us to " get behind the new manager " and the chairman .  In fact DT was true to his word commenting weeks later stating he liked him .   This pledge quickly became worthless as he soon continually  mounted constant abuse directed at Greene .   Little respect there for the Chairman,s choice of manager .   

Apart from his postings on Patter many of us have witnessed him directing  vitriol on a regular basis at all the managers DN has appointed ,  particularly Jason Lee , Graham Drury and Greene .  No respect whatsoever for the chairman.
On the commercial side many fans on Spayne Terrace suspect from his comments to match officials that he has a financial interest in Specsavers  :)   Never short of an idea as the where the lino,s should stick their flagsticks . :)

Lets hope when DN appoints a new manager DT is true to his word and this time show respect for the appointment . 

On the plus side unlike many others when pressed to name a new manager DT did respond .  Neil Redfern was his choice .
Neils management record .
                              P 120   WON 32     DRAW  23     LOST 26 
Be nice if DN can meet Neils demand of in excess of £50k per annum and provide him with the budget he demands and keep one supporter happy ,  well for a week or to !!!
GHM, curiosity begs me to feel I have to ask regarding the stats on Mr Redferns record above. What happened in the other 39 matches?  ::)

Thanks for pointing out my error TTT .    he lost the  other 39 matches .    P 120  WON 32  DRAW 23   LOST  65 .
At least it made it less embarrassing for DT Woodhall until it was corrected .

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2016, 09:07:07 PM »
Basford United have had a few promotions in recent seasons under Martin Carruthers as manager and Mark Clifford as first team coach. Up and coming and also ex Pilgrims - wonder if they might apply?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2016, 09:17:51 PM »

Also sacked twice whilst in Conference North...

Started last season with Telford ,  left them early doors bottom of the league with a lot of players not good enough and on contracts .

How about Mark Bower who replaced Kittrick at Guiseley ?.   Speaking from memory his first game in charge for Guiseley was at Boston ,  looked worse than we do now and lost 4-1 .   Bower went on to take them to promotion , only to get sacked last season .
BPA were bottom of the league when he took over there about 6 weeks ago ,  I think they have won 5 and drawn 1 in the league since then .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2016, 09:26:35 PM »
Basford United have had a few promotions in recent seasons under Martin Carruthers as manager and Mark Clifford as first team coach. Up and coming and also ex Pilgrims - wonder if they might apply?

Both popular and respected at Boston ,  would be worthy of consideration I would have thought .

Suggestions beginning to roll in but none seem to be coming from those most vociferous in he demand for DGs removal ,  were this people genuinely interested in the football aspect ?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2016, 10:45:57 PM »

Both popular and respected at Boston ,  would be worthy of consideration I would have thought .

Suggestions beginning to roll in but none seem to be coming from those most vociferous in he demand for DGs removal ,  were this people genuinely interested in the football aspect ?
ok, I'll stand up as an anti-Dennis person and make what I hope is a reasonable suggestion.  A long while back I'd suggested Gareth Jelleyman, as he is obviously well known to the club, he knows the non league scene at our level and above and specifically in the more local catchment area , and  I believe he still lives around or in Peterboro and plays for Corby. At 36, this club could be a good launch platform for his managerial career, a man with ambition, you might say.  However, at the risk of seeming to contradict myself, the downside would be would he want to throw himself into his first managerial position at a club seemingly in a bit of a fix with a season to save and little funds to save it with?
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2016, 07:06:33 AM »
ok, I'll stand up as an anti-Dennis person and make what I hope is a reasonable suggestion.  A long while back I'd suggested Gareth Jelleyman, as he is obviously well known to the club, he knows the non league scene at our level and above and specifically in the more local catchment area , and  I believe he still lives around or in Peterboro and plays for Corby. At 36, this club could be a good launch platform for his managerial career, a man with ambition, you might say.  However, at the risk of seeming to contradict myself, the downside would be would he want to throw himself into his first managerial position at a club seemingly in a bit of a fix with a season to save and little funds to save it with?

Advert does ask for candidates with managerial experience, so I'd expect Jelleyman might not get an interview. Same rationale would seem to exclude someone like Nat Brown from applying. Both though would arguably fit the bill as pofential assistant managers.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene gone by mutual consent
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2016, 08:10:07 AM »
Would you abuse your customers? Remember who started it.Fully deserved it and looks like ex players have already got Den biting on twitter this morning!

Most of us don,t know how it started .   Give us a graphic account and then maybe you will convert others .

I think the whole story is a bit akin to the remarks made regarding the Ched Evans case - nobody comes out of the situation with any credit.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2016, 09:56:29 AM »
Would you abuse your customers? Remember who started it.Fully deserved it and looks like ex players have already got Den biting on twitter this morning!

Most of us don,t know how it started .   Give us a graphic account and then maybe you will convert others .

I think the whole story is a bit akin to the remarks made regarding the Ched Evans case - nobody comes out of the situation with any credit.

Fully agree Pat.
Re the ex players comments....I'm only aware of two ...Robbins a sacked player and Piergianni  who wasn't. ..

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2016, 10:36:02 AM »

Fully agree Pat.
Re the ex players comments....I'm only aware of two ...Robbins a sacked player and Piergianni  who wasn't. ..

Spending much time on Patter I am beginning to master the art of hindsight .
In future when these fans receive similar alleged abuse from a manager ,  approach to the chairman (not via social media ) with the accusation and it will quickly be resolved .   Or does that not fit into their agenda ?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 10:54:48 AM by green hats mate »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2016, 11:24:49 AM »

Fully agree Pat.

Waide Fairhurst seemed happy enough with Greene's departure too.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2016, 02:41:10 PM »

Fully agree Pat.

Waide Fairhurst seemed happy enough with Greene's departure too.

A lot of fans would be delighted to have seen Waide go .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
One man who will not be applying for the Boston job is Martin Allen who has today left Div 2 Barnet to join National conference Eastleigh.     It is rumoured that some of the Eastleigh players wages are on a par with some Championship clubs .