Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72318 times)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene gone by mutual consent
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »
I keep seeing Rob Scott mentioned and tagged in tweets.

Er - really? It was hardly a cordial break-up - it ended up in court. As if David Newton's forgotten that. We're more likely to end up with Mel Sterland.

Rob Scott also got sacked by Grimsby for gross misconduct... offering a fight to a manager opponent, I believe!!

He made comment about the other manager's wife and was fired as a result of that, from what I remember. I honestly can't see Newton going for him.

Greg Fee's perked up on Twitter today - maybe a good time to bring him back!?

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2016, 02:12:17 PM »
Need someone to push on from what Dennis has done not look backwards to appoint someone who failed , and I can't see many managers about who can do that . If looking for a manager to take us to the next step shouldn't be looking at previous managers . And while I wish Martyn all the best wasn't he the asst manager to Dennis so has to take some blame in the position the teams in

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2016, 03:06:56 PM »
Need someone to push on from what Dennis has done not look backwards to appoint someone who failed , and I can't see many managers about who can do that . If looking for a manager to take us to the next step shouldn't be looking at previous managers . And while I wish Martyn all the best wasn't he the asst manager to Dennis so has to take some blame in the position the teams in

I agree about not looking back , because if we do it will mean we will appoint someone with a less impressive record here on what must almost certainly been a bigger budget .   I suspect nearly all applicants will be managers dismissed from their jobs having not achieved near what DG as done .

Just because Martyn has been asst to DG it does,nt mean he believed in all DG did ,  maybe he will bring fresh ideas , and seems to have lots of enthusiasm which will hopefully rub off on to the players . 
Give him a fair chance before making another appointment .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2016, 05:08:14 PM »
Come on GHM, I am putting in our joint application as I speak ;)
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »
I keep seeing Rob Scott mentioned and tagged in tweets.

Er - really? It was hardly a cordial break-up - it ended up in court. As if David Newton's forgotten that. We're more likely to end up with Mel Sterland.

Rob Scott also got sacked by Grimsby for gross misconduct... offering a fight to a manager opponent, I believe!!
it was as a direct result of a crude racist remark made to a player who had got himself sent off, in Robs view, unnecessarily. I know the guy who was fourth official that night. He was a key witness in the investigation that followed.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

Deeping Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2016, 06:49:14 AM »
I would like to suggest a long-shot for the next BUFC manager - Andy Preece.

He knows this league from his time at Worcester City, which he took from 18th in the Conference North when he joined to an 8th place finish.  He led Worcester to two further top 10 finishes.  Preece also guided them to the 2nd round of the FA cup.

He also enjoyed a successful time at cash-strapped Northwich Victoria, which included another FA cup run, Northwich beat Charlton Athletic in the first round.

Preece has had both a long playing and coaching career, so he may have a few useful contacts, has done well at clubs with small budgets and fits the 'northern manager' tag that gets mentioned on here.  Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be on Twitter so I can't 'tap him up' about the job like one or two others seem to have done with Rob Scott, Dave Frecklington and Curtis Woodhouse.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2016, 10:11:03 AM »
I would like to suggest a long-shot for the next BUFC manager - Andy Preece.

He knows this league from his time at Worcester City, which he took from 18th in the Conference North when he joined to an 8th place finish.  He led Worcester to two further top 10 finishes.  Preece also guided them to the 2nd round of the FA cup.

He also enjoyed a successful time at cash-strapped Northwich Victoria, which included another FA cup run, Northwich beat Charlton Athletic in the first round.

Preece has had both a long playing and coaching career, so he may have a few useful contacts, has done well at clubs with small budgets and fits the 'northern manager' tag that gets mentioned on here.  Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be on Twitter so I can't 'tap him up' about the job like one or two others seem to have done with Rob Scott, Dave Frecklington and Curtis Woodhouse.

Two concerns there DP ,  don,t think the  "Greene out" army would approve ,  after all the departing manager achieved 3 consecutive top 6 finishes , don,t see how they would accept someone with 3 top 10  finishes . 
Secondly after Saturday and last night farces do we want anyone who,s been associated with Northwich ? ;)

Andy Preece is a manager fans at many clubs touted  for as manager with good grounds ,  seeing that he falls well short of the standard set by some Boston supporters  is shows what a thankless task is confronting DN with a new appointment .
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:21:13 AM by green hats mate »

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2016, 10:24:52 AM »
Rob Scott has already intimated he's not applying, so I think we can safely rule him out.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2016, 10:28:25 AM »
Rob Scott has already intimated he's not applying, so I think we can safely rule him out.

Steve Thompson the same !!!    no big loss here !

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 10:32:48 AM »
My one email other than predictions. Best for the club that he has gone.
In my opinion it should have been a long time ago, several missed opportunities.

We need to get a northern based manager and before anybody says anything
that is down to the chairman to decide and I have faith in him to get it right.

I will not respond further. Enough problems as it is.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
I would be happy to see Dave Frecklington given a shot at it

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »
Probably the wrong side of the country for him, and he's got a nice job at Carlisle Utd's academy I doubt he'd want to pass up, but I'd love to see Darren Edmondson apply.

Great track record at Conf North level, and seemingly a top bloke. And funny, too. I've always thought a good sense of humour is an underrated trait in a manager, but I think it helps relax everyone (see Klopp at Liverpool), especially when things aren't going so well. Plus it means you're probably not a bellend.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2016, 03:20:02 PM »
Agree with DT Woodhall! Shame DN never acted to DT post a couple of years ago!!! We could now be in the conference not a relegation battle!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2016, 04:45:52 PM »
My one email other than predictions. Best for the club that he has gone.
In my opinion it should have been a long time ago, several missed opportunities.

We need to get a northern based manager and before anybody says anything
that is down to the chairman to decide and I have faith in him to get it right.

I will not respond further. Enough problems as it is.

Difficult post to understand for some maybe ,  hypocrisy is a word that may spring to mind . 
March 4th 2013 on the appointment of Greene as manager,  DT was urging us to " get behind the new manager " and the chairman .  In fact DT was true to his word commenting weeks later stating he liked him .   This pledge quickly became worthless as he soon continually  mounted constant abuse directed at Greene .   Little respect there for the Chairman,s choice of manager .   

Apart from his postings on Patter many of us have witnessed him directing  vitriol on a regular basis at all the managers DN has appointed ,  particularly Jason Lee , Graham Drury and Greene .  No respect whatsoever for the chairman.
On the commercial side many fans on Spayne Terrace suspect from his comments to match officials that he has a financial interest in Specsavers  :)   Never short of an idea as the where the lino,s should stick their flagsticks . :)

Lets hope when DN appoints a new manager DT is true to his word and this time show respect for the appointment . 

On the plus side unlike many others when pressed to name a new manager DT did respond .  Neil Redfern was his choice .
Neils management record .
                              P 120   WON 32     DRAW  23     LOST 26 
Be nice if DN can meet Neils demand of in excess of £50k per annum and provide him with the budget he demands and keep one supporter happy ,  well for a week or to !!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2016, 04:53:55 PM »
Agree with DT Woodhall! Shame DN never acted to DT post a couple of years ago!!! We could now be in the conference not a relegation battle!

Maybe DN would claim if he acted on DT comments we would be in the Uni South .

DG did in fact sign a player that DT expressed a wish for us to sign ,   Jason St Juste .  ???