Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72341 times)

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene gone by mutual consent
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2016, 08:42:42 PM »
Mick,

I may be wrong but Bunce appears to lack experience playing and managing at this level and has no positive track record as a number one - hence my view.

I really hope he does succeed for however long he is in charge.

TEP

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:03 PM »
Good players not seen in the present squad GHM ? Name a decent player Den has in that team?

Gordon, Brown, Agnew, Marshall, Roberts, Rollins, Smith
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:27 PM »
Mick,

I may be wrong but Bunce appears to lack experience playing and managing at this level and has no positive track record as a number one - hence my view.

TEP

I think Bunny has too much of a job in the Community/Youth side...
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

leicester pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 08:50:16 PM »
Discussing other managers whilst Dennis was still in post was always a bit disrespectful in my opinion. Now he's gone that changes. I wonder if Rob Scott has any aspirations to manage on his own? He may feel he has unfinished business at Boston. Additionally, I wonder how low Neil Redfearn would drop to get himself back into management?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 08:50:38 PM »
Good players not seen in the present squad GHM ? Name a decent player Den has in that team?

Many teams would like Gregg Smith ,  Jay Rollins and Grant Roberts for starters , there you are I,ve named three in response to your request a few minutes ago .

Now you and your pals have been calling for DG to be dismissed for ages ,  surely you all have ideas on who to replace him with after all this time .   give us a few names . Or don,t any of you think that far ahead ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 08:53:21 PM by green hats mate »

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 09:01:37 PM »
Discussing other managers whilst Dennis was still in post was always a bit disrespectful in my opinion. Now he's gone that changes. I wonder if Rob Scott has any aspirations to manage on his own? He may feel he has unfinished business at Boston. Additionally, I wonder how low Neil Redfearn would drop to get himself back into management?

Don,t know how low Neil would drop down the leagues LP but it was reported in the press a few weeks ago that he lost interest in the Oldham job when he was told it was "only" £50k a year .  If you look up his management record it is very difficult to find a worse one .
I think Rob Scott would appeal to many fans .

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 09:04:59 PM »
Need someone with a good track record in conference north who's available ? Ah yeah Dennis Greene 🙈

garry@

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 09:23:23 PM »
I said last time DG left that I would like Rob Scott back, this was in reply to the usual GHM posts that he's started again zzzzz

I would however like to see Bunny do well and hopefully get some good results after all he does do most of the organising during the game?
But then again does he know any contacts to get in new Players.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
I said last time DG left that I would like Rob Scott back, this was in reply to the usual GHM posts that he's started again zzzzz

I would however like to see Bunny do well and hopefully get some good results after all he does do most of the organising during the game?
But then again does he know any contacts to get in new Players.

Fully agree with the bottom paragraph garry .

Don,t get your first line comment , please elaborate .

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 09:43:42 PM »
I wonder if Rob Scott has any aspirations to manage on his own? He may feel he has unfinished business at Boston.

In that case, maybe he shouldn't have resigned in the first place?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »
Bizarre news. Assume it was DG's own choice to move on with DN's approval. Fully understand if Dennis found very little job satisfaction in his now former role and, he being an ambitious manager, I sincerely hope that he finds a more rewarding appointment soon. In the meantime lets ALL get behind Bunny who is a decent and well respected bloke. He will be a busy man looking after the Youth set up as well so there may well be further appointments to be made in the next dew weeks.   
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2016, 09:53:38 PM »
I think when the draw was made today that made Dennis's mind up to have another chat with the chairman. He knows Wilton will be absolutely fired up on Tuesday to secure a derby game at home with Chester and after the first half on Saturday he knows we will struggle and I don't think he fancied it. I would offer the job to Steve Thompson till the end of the season to work with Bunny and Cav, don't think he would do it but might be worth a try.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »
Mick,
Doesn't everyone have to start somewhere and what a good time to give a local lad a chance till the end of the season

TEP

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2016, 10:26:32 PM »
Not shocked at that he has gone now, driven out by a mix of bad results and the hate campaign.  I just hope that the next manager will keep off, and not be invited, onto the other fans forum on facebook where let's face it, Den was a target for some to constantly abuse way before the whole knobhead comment. They should also keep off twitter too, and not be added by fans.  I remember rightly that is was the usual few who tagged Den's name into debates, then once he replied, he was subjected to personal comments which really did overstep the mark. It kicked off from there, and the rest is history. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and i would never knock that.  But some of the non football things that were said would upset anyone when those words get personal.

So, onto the next victim....i mean manager, oops.  Joking aside, lets hope that all of us can come together now and stop the snide remarks and get behind everyone at the club, the new manager/managers, staff, players, and even the poor chairman who astoundingly has been another subjected to bizarre claims about the non building of the stadium.

Lets move on now, kill off the knobhead army chants, forget about the past, each and every one of us, and support this decent club !

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2016, 10:40:18 PM »
I agree with that the whole knob head army chant is not what some of us like as boston fans I'm sure we can get back to yellow and black army and everyone pull together for the sake of the club