Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72280 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Gr-exit
« on: November 28, 2016, 07:03:52 PM »
Bunny in charge tomorrow
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:57:13 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

jelangley

• View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene gone by mutual consent
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 07:12:22 PM »
Amazed and really annoyed that he didnt have the balls to see it through, obviously cost the club more now to pay him off, yes a difficult season but he could of turned it around.  Really disapointed, thought he was better than this.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 07:20:23 PM »
Merry Christmas everybody let's get behind Bunny

doc

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 07:35:05 PM »
Would have liked him to stay. All is not lost though as there are some great people on this site who know how to manage much better than him - or so they keep saying - go expect alot of applications arriving on DN door mat

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 07:36:35 PM »
Let's get the Main Stand ranter from a few weeks ago to run the team:)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 07:39:14 PM »
Not a great surprise , after the abuse Dennis has took from a small number of fans it is understandable that he choose a time to suit himself to leave .   I suspect he will get fixed up with a new position quickly .

I wish Bunny all the best and he will get the backing of all fans initially , we are low on numbers of players of required ability , lets hope all the better one,s stick with us as often they follow the departing manager .

Feel for David Newton ,  can,t see applications flooding in with a CV to match the one that Greene takes away with him .

Great opportunity for those who have been calling for Greenes head to nominate a candidate , surely they have got ideas .   Any thoughts on players you would like the new manager to bring in .?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:47:10 PM by green hats mate »

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
Abuse he started all himself.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 07:54:23 PM »
A real shame this, thought everything was sorted out a few weeks ago after the Halifax match.

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
What's changed since the positive talks a few weeks ago ?

The Premier League wannabes will love this - as changing the manager is always the right answer. Just look how well Man Utd have done since firing Moyes.

Fear the worst for the season now. I thought under DG we would achieve mid table this season. I think we'll be lucky to avoid relegation now.

Oh dear.

TEP

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2016, 08:11:54 PM »

The Premier League wannabes will love this - as changing the manager is always the right answer. Just look how well Man Utd have done since firing Moyes.

Fear the worst for the season now. I thought under DG we would achieve mid table this season. I think we'll be lucky to avoid relegation now.

Oh dear.

I agree , wouldn't surprise me if he's managing a national league side soon , should be careful what you wish for . Whoever the new manager is he will no doubt get stick after the first few games. He leaves with one of the best records as a manager here for years

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2016, 08:15:03 PM »

Oh dear.

TEP

It is difficult to see how we can obtain a manager to attract the players of the quality Dennis Greene did ,
victim of his own success really with teams snapping up our best players at the end of last season .
Also hindered by appalling luck with injuries  .   I share your pessimism TEP .

Often when a new manager comes in he gets an initial upturn in form , hopefully this will happen and we get enough points on the board to avoid relegation .    The future  :'(

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2016, 08:25:13 PM »

Oh dear.

TEP
nice to see you are giving bunny your full backing saying you fear for the season

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2016, 08:33:18 PM »

Oh dear.

TEP
nice to see you are giving bunny your full backing saying you fear for the season

Maybe his comment will help to take the pressure off Bunny .

My guess is that it will be a present long serving  Con North manager who will be losing sleep tonight .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »
Good players not seen in the present squad GHM ? Name a decent player Den has in that team?