Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72403 times)

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2016, 03:53:19 PM »
Martin Allen will find himself back at Barnet in a couple of years. He always returns!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2016, 06:26:56 PM »
Basford United have had a few promotions in recent seasons under Martin Carruthers as manager and Mark Clifford as first team coach. Up and coming and also ex Pilgrims - wonder if they might apply?

Both popular and respected at Boston ,  would be worthy of consideration I would have thought .

Suggestions beginning to roll in but none seem to be coming from those most vociferous in he demand for DGs removal ,  were this people genuinely interested in the football aspect ?

Very big budget at Basford however

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2016, 07:24:13 PM »
Basford United have had a few promotions in recent seasons under Martin Carruthers as manager and Mark Clifford as first team coach. Up and coming and also ex Pilgrims - wonder if they might apply?

Both popular and respected at Boston ,  would be worthy of consideration I would have thought .

Suggestions beginning to roll in but none seem to be coming from those most vociferous in he demand for DGs removal ,  were this people genuinely interested in the football aspect ?

Our Chairman says he wants the club to progress ,  seeing there is getting more teams turning full-time  in this league we will need an increase in budget to stand still .    I think the league has now got to the point that the promotion places will be dominated by F/T teams .    Looks as though the new manager may get an increased budget .

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2016, 07:30:50 PM »

Our Chairman says he wants the club to progress ,  seeing there is getting more teams turning full-time  in this league we will need an increase in budget to stand still .    I think the league has now got to the point that the promotion places will be dominated by F/T teams .    Looks as though the new manager may get an increased budget .

Ok for the pedantic. A bigger budget than the teams around

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2016, 08:02:45 PM »
We're not going to be rich, so our new gaffer needs to find a way to win without money. Dennis showed that it's possible, but the league is much tougher than it was 12 months ago. Even so, it's not impossible. Hard, yes. Impossible? No.

I'm fine with that: most of the time the cashed-up teams run out of dollar and end up tumbling back down. In some ways it's better for us, if you take a long term view.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2016, 08:49:34 PM »
We're not going to be rich, so our new gaffer needs to find a way to win without money. Dennis showed that it's possible, but the league is much tougher than it was 12 months ago. Even so, it's not impossible. Hard, yes. Impossible? No.

I'm fine with that: most of the time the cashed-up teams run out of dollar and end up tumbling back down. In some ways it's better for us, if you take a long term view.
and for most its likely they will fail. Rushden are a perfect example of a hobby club whose owner got fed up in the end. however, Burton prove it can be done with a long term plan that's properly executed. Ferriby are a shining example of what not to do, only shame is we'll have to suffer them again soon by the look of it.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »

[/quote]

has the oracle of all knowledge mr butler given his opinion yet?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2016, 09:24:26 PM »

has the oracle of all knowledge mr butler given his opinion yet?
[/quote]

Looked on BUFC F/B tonight and Andy was moaning (yes really  :) on about a deletion of his on there .   What he did confirm was that
Greene under achieved the last 3 seasons .   Quite a claim considering we have not had three consecutive top six finishes for decades .
Unless Andy can point to the facts that prove otherwise .    To my knowledge he has not revealed his master plan to take the Pilgrims forward , nor revealed the "realistic" budget he claimed Greene had.   

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2016, 09:29:35 PM »
probably still formulating his master plan .... ::)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2016, 09:41:07 PM »
According to reports Adam Murray ex Mansfield T manager has expressed an interest in the Boston job .
Adam had 14 moves as a player .
Managerial record ....P 103     W32    D27   L44

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2016, 10:30:13 AM »
According to reports Adam Murray ex Mansfield T manager has expressed an interest in the Boston job .
Adam had 14 moves as a player .
Managerial record ....P 103     W32    D27   L44

31.1% win rate,  mmmmm,  will that be good enough for our moaners who are demanding at least a 50% win rate ?  ::)

dt woodhall

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2016, 11:09:21 AM »
Seems to me that green hats mate is the magic oracle.

Pity all he does is criticise others especially me and Andy Butler who is one of the most committed supporters there is for the club by the way. It would be nice if GHM came up with some suggestions on the way forward instead of slagging of anybody who has an opinion that does not coincide with his own.

Because of illness I have not been able to attend matches this year despite still getting my regular season ticket, so I cannot express a view on the players brought into the club this year, although sitting on the verge of relegation some of them are clearly not good enough unless its the way they were managed of course!!

I vowed not to respond to comments that have been made against me, but I am getting fed up with it, so come on Pete lets have some constructive views on the way forward instead of all the negative criticism you seem to vent at the likes of me. You never know I might respond

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »
Seems to me that green hats mate is the magic oracle.

Pity all he does is criticise others especially me and Andy Butler who is one of the most committed supporters there is for the club by the way. It would be nice if GHM came up with some suggestions on the way forward instead of slagging of anybody who has an opinion that does not coincide with his own.

Because of illness I have not been able to attend matches this year despite still getting my regular season ticket, so I cannot express a view on the players brought into the club this year, although sitting on the verge of relegation some of them are clearly not good enough unless its the way they were managed of course!!

I vowed not to respond to comments that have been made against me, but I am getting fed up with it, so come on Pete lets have some constructive views on the way forward instead of all the negative criticism you seem to vent at the likes of me. You never know I might respond

Dave where the problem lays is the fact you come criticise the managers (notice the s on the end) on one hand and then add that you respect the chairman ,  the chairman appointed Greene who delivered the best record for decades and yet you along with a little army of youngsters throw vitriol at the appointee ,  Sorry but this shows disrespect to the  chairman and disrespect for expecting him to believe it ..
Your constant demands for new players (ie wheres the new left back Mr Genius) is not constructive when the manager and most the fans are alert to the fact , rudeness is of no constructive use .   What would be constructive is telling  the  manager how to overcome the problem of getting part-time footballers  to fit in playing in the depth of Lincs with their day job ,  or do you know about 18 top quality NC players that are local ?.      You have not still explained what a "proper manager ""is .  Vague demands are not constructive , telling the manager and chairman how to fund these demands is .

I,m sure Andy will be pleased about your concerns , I,m sure next time I bump into Andy we will have a good constructive conversation as always and will both depart with a smile on our faces .

I have expressed satisfaction at the outcome of the last 3 seasons , ok maybe you find it odd people don,t constantly mown .
Cleary you read all my posts therefore you should note that I mentioned recently some like your have expectation that are unrealistic ,
unless you are the knight in shining armour who will  sink about £400k into the club on a yearly basis .  Be positive and enjoy is one profound lesson I have learned recently .

Wish you well with your health ,   having had to contend with two bouts of cancer myself over the last  18 months I know your frustration .
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 12:10:08 PM by green hats mate »

The Big M

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2016, 05:21:54 PM »
Still don't understand this name a manager rubbish.  The place i work needs staff I dont have to suggest them   

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2016, 09:59:20 PM »
Could John Schofeild and Paul Cavell be the answer.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR