Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72289 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis Greene gone by mutual consent
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2016, 11:04:15 PM »
Keep seeing Rob Scotts name cropping up. ..
He was not one to suffer fools easily.
Didn't he have a pop at someone behind the dug outs? ?
I certainly heard him put a fan in his place at a away game.
Didn't he also have a player by the throat at Grimsby? ?
Also left under a bit of a cloud having had some success after bringing a decent bunch from previous clubs??
Not one for me I'm afraid.
The brains are at Shrewsbury

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2016, 11:48:33 PM »
With all this doom and gloom , it falls to GHM and me to tell of our times watching Forest in the 1960s .

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2016, 07:50:05 AM »
Wonder if Dennis Greene's twin brother has considered moving into football management. Anyone know what he's up to nowadays? :)

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2016, 08:07:03 AM »
I keep seeing Rob Scott mentioned and tagged in tweets.

Er - really? It was hardly a cordial break-up - it ended up in court. As if David Newton's forgotten that. We're more likely to end up with Mel Sterland.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2016, 08:28:19 AM »
Maybe we could have a poll on here and the fans could choose the next manager. My money is on Bunce & Cavell as a joint partnership until the end of the season - with the sole target of retaining National North League status.

TEP

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »

Er - really? It was hardly a cordial break-up - it ended up in court. As if David Newton's forgotten that. We're more likely to end up with Mel Sterland.

Good point Pete .

Maybe Mel would bring a load of money with him  :)

soccermad67

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2016, 10:48:10 AM »
I thought Dennis was a very good manager, and took us to the play offs. but with nearly all the team from last season had gone,at the end of last season,that must be hard to form a strong team, and be near the play offs... With the ABUSE from so call FANS towards Dennis most of this current season, I can see why Dennis has left.   Good luck to you Dennis for the future, ..  Get behind Martin for tonights game  hope you have a good win.
ABUSE NOTE   For those who go to work, would you have your Boss hurling abuse at you all day long,and would you stay in your job, ?
Hurling Abuse is another way of being a BULLY.

"Come on Boston" 

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2016, 11:08:25 AM »
Would you abuse your customers? Remember who started it.Fully deserved it and looks like ex players have already got Den biting on twitter this morning!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2016, 11:24:57 AM »
Would you abuse your customers? Remember who started it.Fully deserved it and looks like ex players have already got Den biting on twitter this morning!

Most of us don,t know how it started .   Give us a graphic account and then maybe you will convert others .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2016, 11:37:07 AM »
With all this doom and gloom , it falls to GHM and me to tell of our times watching Forest in the 1960s .

11.38 PM .!!!! started clubbing again Ted ?  I must come over for a week-end  ;)

Later than the 60,s I recall going to Forest , Pineapple Head was playing and getting good humoured banter from fans .   
About 4 years ago I recall him walking from the Boston dug out at YS for the last time getting vile abuse from about 30/40 "fans "

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2016, 11:39:29 AM »
Ryan Robbins?
A bad apple if there ever was one.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2016, 11:48:18 AM »
Ryan Robbins?
A bad apple if there ever was one.

Yes , we,ve seen that a few times !   Omit a detail to give a very different complex to the message .

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2016, 11:53:32 AM »

I'm pleased things have changed as they need to but yes the crowd did get some abuse but frankly some supporters was embarrassing, a lot of abuse aimed towards him was way way over the mark and very personal.. Anyone who came to my place of work and told me to take less time f***ing the slut and do your job would struggle to walk with broken legs.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2016, 12:18:29 PM »

I'm pleased things have changed as they need to but yes the crowd did get some abuse but frankly some supporters was embarrassing, a lot of abuse aimed towards him was way way over the mark and very personal.. Anyone who came to my place of work and told me to take less time f***ing the slut and do your job would struggle to walk with broken legs.

Those types of personal posts, then tagging dens name into it just to make sure he sees it, was the most low of all the anti greeners posts.  And yet now, they want us to believe that they are totally blameless in it all !  BOTH were bad as each other with the ongoing abuse back and forwards, yet i didn't see den tagging any of these fans into his posts.   The conduct of some 'fans' won't improve though, it's just how they are wired and operate and it really is sad to say that they must shoulder some of the blame for bringing this club down all the time with one conspiracy after another.  I think it's time we all moved on now, cut out the crap, and get behind this team.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2016, 12:27:28 PM »

Rob Scott also got sacked by Grimsby for gross misconduct... offering a fight to a manager opponent, I believe!!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/