Author Topic: Gr-exit  (Read 72394 times)

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
Re: Gr-exit
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2016, 08:18:17 PM »
Sorry but giving bunny the managers job won't help him or the club

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:44 PM »
Sorry but giving bunny the managers job won't help him or the club
  A bufc fan, but I do agree.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 08, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
So still nothing constructive to add for the future Pete, just more grumbling about me

If calling on us all to back the chairman is grumbling at you it seems you do not agree with my plea . 

Sorry about the delay in responding DT,  I fully intended doing so yesterday but I got otherwise occupied ,  if you look at the board you will observe a newcomer registered on Tues evening , apparently this new poster has been following Patter for a number of years .
Therefore I was quite excited on the first day that out of 6 posts 5 were addressed to my comments ,  even though they were critical and did not address any football issues .  Oops  ;D  I digress .  Very enjoyable all the same .

Now if you care to look there are several recent posts I submitted pointing out the obstacles confronting the club ,  some do not read the facts or ignore them .   One post in particular I produced figures to demonstrate what a sizable advantage many clubs have over us in recruiting players.  No good sticking our heads in the sand and pretending it does not exist .   
Those  often demanding new players are mostly unaware of the complex recruitment of a part-time footballer , issues like work commitments , travel etc .    Takes a lot to persuade a p/t players to travel to Lincolnshire ,I should think about the only enticement that works is money .   These are the obstacles when recruiting players ,  do you see a way to confront the problem DT? I don,t

The only constructive advice on offer is that the supporters do their bit ,  ie attend games , give encouragement to players rather than shout abuse . DT has often commented on lack of volume from town end all thought from where I sit in the stand its sounded good considering our recent results .  Result of shouting abuse ?   drops the confidence of our team and lifts the opponents even if the abuse is directed at them .  Accept we are no longer big boys .
Lets respect the chairman and back his decisions and not just for the managers honeymoon period .

I,m not going to be snared into predictions ,  look below what dt saw in his oracle .

Oct 5  Newsham and Miller never replaced ,    Had you forgot Southwell ? dt  who finished up 2nd highest scorer in the league behind Bogle ,  and won the golden boot last season and moved on to L2.

Predicted we,re   "doomed " before we went on to make play-offs twice .

OCT  2014  Gates will drop to 600/700 .   they finished double that figure .

« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:39:39 PM by green hats mate »

youngchubby69

« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2016, 05:06:04 PM »
 Totally disagree with howmanynamestopick.
Rob Scott or Steve Housham for me, both have the right attitude and player/manager experience.
Not effing or jeffing about it or being a silly boy, only sensible suggestions and constructive comments from me.

Patrick

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »
Someone mentioned the recently departed Mansfield Town manager Adam Murray.

I often find it's difficult to judge potential new managers because in most cases they'll only be available because they've been sacked, which never makes them look an appealing option, and win ratios don't tell you anything about context. That's why I like to see what fans of their previous clubs make of them if possible.

I asked a Mansfield fan the other day what his opinion of Murray was and he said he a good young manager who would be a good appointment.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 08, 2016, 07:56:00 PM »
Totally disagree with howmanynamestopick.
Rob Scott or Steve Housham for me, both have the right attitude and player/manager experience.
Not effing or jeffing about it or being a silly boy, only sensible suggestions and constructive comments from me.
Speaking to a player who played under Scott  he said they shut their ears when he went on a rant...did it too often..but when Hurst raised his voice they listened. Has Rob Scott done anything since being ousted from Grimsby?? (Maybe he has , and I missed it)
As for Housham....not a popular choice with me or a lot of other Boston fans.....

youngchubby69

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2016, 08:42:06 PM »
Its not about being popular or having a rant,it's about getting the job done and sorting the mess out.
When Scott was at Boston he got us promoted and left us with a very good squad.
I can't imagine howmanynames was not liking Scott then.
Yes he had Paul Hurst with him,but PH didn't do it by himself.

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 08, 2016, 10:22:19 PM »
Its not about being popular or having a rant,it's about getting the job done and sorting the mess out.
When Scott was at Boston he got us promoted and left us with a very good squad.
I can't imagine howmanynames was not liking Scott then.
Yes he had Paul Hurst with him,but PH didn't do it by himself.
Ok...one more nibble....
They brought a decent few players from Ilkeston when they came...
I think you will find it was Hurst who got Grimsby promoted.....er on his own....

youngchubby69

« Reply #143 on: December 09, 2016, 02:15:20 AM »
Sorry, I am only talking about what he achieved at Boston,I couldn't and wouldn't comment on what happened at Grimsby as I do not follow them, and I normally find the best policy in life, is not to comment on something that I know nothing about.
Can make you look like a fool.
No effing and Jeffing here, that would make me look like a silly boy.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 09, 2016, 10:31:00 AM »
Another name to ponder....Jim Harvey has left Altrincham. OK, so the nearest team he's ever managed is Forest Green or Halifax, but a man with 20 years pedigree at our and at a similar level,  and according to Wikipedia a career managerial win ratio of 42%. Not bad. Was at Halifax last year prior to Billy Heath's appointment?

Jim Harvey's teams play attractive football, from those I've seen anyway, been fairly successful too  8)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 09, 2016, 10:39:32 AM »
Another name to ponder....Jim Harvey has left Altrincham. OK, so the nearest team he's ever managed is Forest Green or Halifax, but a man with 20 years pedigree at our and at a similar level,  and according to Wikipedia a career managerial win ratio of 42%. Not bad. Was at Halifax last year prior to Billy Heath's appointment?

Jim Harvey's teams play attractive football, from those I've seen anyway, been fairly successful too  8)

Yes please!
United we stand..................

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »
Neil Thompson
decent human being and would sort the defence out

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2016, 12:06:13 PM »
Neil Thompson
decent human being and would sort the defence out

I wish.

Can we afford him?
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

youngchubby69

« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2016, 12:29:49 PM »
Lets just hope its not someone who hasn't a good track record, we don't want to do it on the cheap.
When do you think we will know who has got the job.

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2016, 02:46:29 PM »
Good call on Neil Thimpson I would like to see him back