Author Topic: Ambulance to Fylde  (Read 23892 times)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ambulance to Fylde
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 01:16:23 PM »
Pleased to see Greene got one thing right yesterday ,  i.e  giving  Greg Smith the captains armband ,   our best leader on the field by far .

Don,t do much Prem League myself but one headline caught my eye this week .

Pep Guardiola the Man C boss was reported to have banned his team from sex on a Friday night ,   city won 2 -1 yesterday so it seems to work .     After yesterday maybe Den could impose a player ban on sex from Tuesday night prior to a Saturday match. :) :) :)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »
By the look of the score line from yesterday, we were the one on the end of a f######g!!  ;D
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2016, 03:18:58 PM »
This is a first, I actually agree with what Denis Greene said in the interview.  That being that "We have defended terribly for a lot of matches now" Yes we agree the only difference  between us is that I thought it was the managers job to sort it out.

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2016, 03:22:12 PM »
If I had the debt around my neck I wouldn't be ploughing money into the playing side. Said it plenty of times already this season, it's all about getting the new ground sorted. Pretty sure the Chairman will be happy with mid-table although wouldn't publicly admit it. The difficulty  most fans have is that of expectation, based on how we have finished in the last two seasons. It's hard when all of a sudden we're not beating teams who we beat last year.

Also pretty sure DG only signed a two year contract in May. On that basis, sacking him would mean he would need to be paid off - money that could otherwise be better spent. Then we get someone else in (with the same budget as DG?) and there's no guarantee he/she will be any more successful. What if we ended up with another Graham Drury ? After all, he was the Chestnuts first choice ahead of DG a couple of seasons ago.

DG has a proven track record with Boston and you don't become a bad manager over night. Hopefully the lack of funding is the cause of the decline. And funds aren't always easy to come across. It's ok for fans to start saying the Chestnuts should put their hands in their pockets but it's not as easy as that. What if they simply can't afford it? Sustainability is key in football although plenty do not care where the money comes from or even whether it's going to last. There'll always be highs and lows. The lows are just difficult to take.

Let's man up and stop acting like spoilt League 2 wannabes :)

TEP

qwerty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2016, 03:39:47 PM »
He was enjoying a pint in the bar at half past one obviously having done everything possible to prepare his team

Please confirm, was Greene really drinking alcohol at 1:30pm before a 3pm KO? Or have I read this wrong.

Thank you.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
If I had the debt around my neck I wouldn't be ploughing money into the playing side. Said it plenty of times already this season, it's all about getting the new ground sorted. Pretty sure the Chairman will be happy with mid-table although wouldn't publicly admit it. The difficulty  most fans have is that of expectation, based on how we have finished in the last two seasons. It's hard when all of a sudden we're not beating teams who we beat last year.

Also pretty sure DG only signed a two year contract in May. On that basis, sacking him would mean he would need to be paid off - money that could otherwise be better spent. Then we get someone else in (with the same budget as DG?) and there's no guarantee he/she will be any more successful. What if we ended up with another Graham Drury ? After all, he was the Chestnuts first choice ahead of DG a couple of seasons ago.

DG has a proven track record with Boston and you don't become a bad manager over night. Hopefully the lack of funding is the cause of the decline. And funds aren't always easy to come across. It's ok for fans to start saying the Chestnuts should put their hands in their pockets but it's not as easy as that. What if they simply can't afford it? Sustainability is key in football although plenty do not care where the money comes from or even whether it's going to last. There'll always be highs and lows. The lows are just difficult to take.

TEP

A very constructive post ,  far more so than the usual call for a bigger budget and no suggestions as to how the money will be generated .   Farcical comments at regular intervals BUFC F/B    i.e where,s the Mills money gone?   :dan      Another seemed amazed that Greene failed to sign a number of players from the £1 increase in admission , I guess he,s no accountant .!!!      Another said that Greene has a realistic budget but fails to reveal what it is .

Greene offered to go but DN refused his offer ,  maybe recalls the quality of applicants in the past and considers Greene a safer pair of hands . 

DN said he had given Greene a small increase in budget .   What has happened is a dramatic change in the make up of the league i.e. teams with big financial backing .  As TEP says many have to grasp reality and accept we are no  longer in the "big boys " of the league .
Like any other business when you get teams with money market forces come into play and pushes wage demands up .   What would be a decent budget last season will fall short this season .  York City will maybe with us next season with a £400k parachute payment in the back pocket so things will get no easier .

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2016, 04:47:08 PM »
He was drink a cup of coffee!

nikko

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2016, 06:53:45 PM »

TEP

possibly the most sensible post on the subject..........

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »
It amazes me that people are still trying to talk things up lets face it even a park Sunday side would be embarrassed by losing 9-2!
We only have a handful of players good enough.I'm afraid.
If the stadium gets built I'm sure we would all like to at least be in this division on the opening day.
Something mr green needs to address by either walking away or turning our chairmans pockets out a little more.
I knew in pre season we would struggle and haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

As an ex-part time manager what players would you attempted to bring to the club if you had been in Greene,s position ?   Any strikers you would have approached  ?    What budget would you suggest is needed to compete for the play-offs .?

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2016, 09:10:04 PM »

TEP
on the mention of the dreaded Jason Lee/ Graham drury season, we were actually better off points wise at the same stage compared to now!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2016, 09:16:03 PM »

TEP
on the mention of the dreaded Jason Lee/ Graham drury season, we were actually better off points wise at the same stage compared to now!

Jason had an half decent squad to build on , Graham took us to a lower level ,   neither had to compete with a third of the squad injured .

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2016, 10:07:39 PM »

TEP
Any chance of getting this printed and handed out at the next home game??

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 08:47:36 AM »
He was enjoying a pint in the bar at half past one obviously having done everything possible to prepare his team

Please confirm, was Greene really drinking alcohol at 1:30pm before a 3pm KO? Or have I read this wrong.

Thank you.

That is what I was told however I believe that was not the case, frankly I don't see it is our business what he was drinking the point I was making was why he wasn't with the team at 1-30. Anyway I have had enough so will not bother posting again when I have made the effort to go and watch them perform like that much easier to sit at home and guess what has happened, and cheaper.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 11:18:23 AM »

Thank you.

That is what I was told however I believe that was not the case, frankly I don't see it is our business what he was drinking the point I was making was why he wasn't with the team at 1-30. Anyway I have had enough so will not bother posting again when I have made the effort to go and watch them perform like that much easier to sit at home and guess what has happened, and cheaper.

Good to get the correct story , thanks for that Mel .      I agree re; DG ,   players go out to warm up at 2.00 ,  I would have though 30mins going through match strategy at 1.30 would be useful .

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »

Thank you.

Good to get the correct story , thanks for that Mel .      I agree re; DG ,   players go out to warm up at 2.00 ,  I would have though 30mins going through match strategy at 1.30 would be useful .

There wasn't a chance that it was his twin brother then?