Author Topic: Ambulance to Fylde  (Read 23893 times)

jelangley

• View Profile
Re: Ambulance to Fylde
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:09 PM »
Firstly thanks for adding me.

Me and my kids having moved into the area (from staffs) have followed utd for last few seasons, on the whole boston a very good side, well managed and always on the edge of promotion....until we lost all those players last season.

Went to every home game this season and the replacements simply dont cut it, i think greene has been desperate, even playing uknown spaniards that only got into the side as they were potential stars, but proved to flop.

Dont get me wrong i dont think greene is perfect, but hes not been able to replace the players that moved on to higher league sides and thats the problem, and this can only be blamed on the budget set by the chairman.  used to live in and support hednesford town and they went the same way, relegation after no player investment.

Personally, my view is, either the chairman starts spending money on players or risk relegation.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2016, 08:01:29 PM »
Agree with other posters on here about Den sounding upbeat ,  guess it is down to the vote of confidence he received from the chairman after his threat to leave re: abuse Halifax match ,  think he owes his security to that fan involved .  To add to his confidence the fact that those who are desperate to see him out of the club have failed to nominate a credible candidate for the job .

Difficult to find anything to disagree with on this thread ,  as mentioned is the budget realistic to lift us up the league ?  based on the fact that this part of the country is not prolific in producing footballers of the level required I,d say no .  Those supporters who are constantly questioning why better players have not been brought in obviously are unable to grasp this .    Costly to entice players to travel down here to play .     I think history will prove that DG as done an outstanding job .

TTT echo,s the sentiment of several posters i.e  bigger budget .   
How the league has evolved over the last few seasons some clubs have backers putting in £500k and some much more a year .
I would guess Chestnuts feel they have done their bit for the club over the last decade .   

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2016, 08:07:42 PM »
Looking at the predictions most people expected a loss today, although a 7 goal margin is embarrassing  >:(
We were ahead of the league leaders briefly, and scored 2 goals away from home.  A disaster defensively, and going with 3 across the back didn't help matters when we should have parked the bus.
I doubt there's any spare money with the ground development being a priority for the foreseeable future  :dan
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 08:55:16 PM by Ed Kandi »

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2016, 08:49:17 PM »
Just got back and still shaking with rage over the fact Greene is still our manager, I honestly thought he had resigned at half time because he never got his backside off his chair all the second half to encourage or otherwise HIS team, really thought he had done the honorable thing, and to hear from others on here that he was calm and up beat on radio is a total insult. He was enjoying a pint in the bar at half past one obviously having done everything possible to prepare his team however, I am told he didn't travel on the team bus which seems strange but there we are. Our opening goal to put us one up was a big mistake it got Fylde annoyed and they smacked our bottoms for it. I will be going to Witton next week because I love our club but I do hope the manager will have done the right thing by then and buggered off.

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2016, 08:59:54 PM »
Here are the previous times Boston United have conceded nine or more goals in a competitive fixture before today:

Sat 16th Sep 1933 A M Barnsley Reserves              L 2-9
Sat 10th Mar 1934 A M Bradford Park Avenue Reserves  L 0-12
Sat 31st Dec 1938 A M Peterborough United            L 0-12
Thu  9th Mar 1939 A I Fulham Reserves                L 2-10
Sat 20th Jan 1940 A M Newark Town                    L 2-9
Sat 21st Sep 1946 A M Barnsley Reserves              L 1-9
Wed  6th Apr 1949 A M Bradford City Reserves         L 0-9
Sat 21st Nov 1953 A F Scunthorpe United              L 0-9
Sat  4th Sep 1964 H F SPALDING UNITED                L 0-14
Sat 16th Jan 1965 H B SPILSBY TOWN                   L 3-10
Sat 20th Mar 1965 H B BRITISH RAILWAYS               L 0-14
Sat 27th Mar 1965 A B Wrangle                        L 2-10

The last four times were in the 64/5 season when the club just put out a team of youngsters in the Boston & District League just to keep the club name alive after resigning from the Midland League.

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2016, 09:02:46 PM »
strange but did anyone else think when greene gave his after match interview he stumbled 1 or 2 words, almost on the verge of sluring? said to the mrs she said i was imagining it but he didnt sound right to me

Shrimperpilgrim

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2016, 09:14:07 PM »
It amazes me that people are still trying to talk things up lets face it even a park Sunday side would be embarrassed by losing 9-2!
We only have a handful of players good enough.I'm afraid.
If the stadium gets built I'm sure we would all like to at least be in this division on the opening day.
Something mr green needs to address by either walking away or turning our chairmans pockets out a little more.
I knew in pre season we would struggle and haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2016, 09:21:01 PM »
I was stood near Greene when he did his interview and he seemed perfectly fine to me.

An absolute disaster of a game for us but with a makeshift defence and a tactical error (in hindsight) playing three at the back, it was always going to be a long day. I don't want to dwell too much on Boston as we all know what the faults are and the injury situation. What I will say is that the Fylde team I saw today was by some distance the best team I have EVER seen at this level. They were absolutely sensational and I think it's important to acknowledge that before ripping into our lads too much. Fylde would easily compete in League Two based on that today. Perhaps even higher. We all know why they have a team that good, and it hurts that we aren't in a position to assemble a similar squad of course, but it was an incredible performance. Well done to them. The bastards.

Also, massive massive kudos to the players for going over and shaking the hands of every fan in the away end too. I'd legged it to the media guys by then so I didn't hear what was discussed, but it was a classy move and would have taken some guts.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2016, 09:25:22 PM »
Agree with other posters on here about Den sounding upbeat ,  guess it is down to the vote of confidence he received from the chairman after his threat to leave re: abuse Halifax match ,  think he owes his security to that fan involved .  To add to his confidence the fact that those who are desperate to see him out of the club have failed to nominate a credible candidate for the job .

Difficult to find anything to disagree with on this thread ,  as mentioned is the budget realistic to lift us up the league ?  based on the fact that this part of the country is not prolific in producing footballers of the level required I,d say no .  Those supporters who are constantly questioning why better players have not been brought in obviously are unable to grasp this .    Costly to entice players to travel down here to play .     I think history will prove that DG as done an outstanding job .

TTT echo,s the sentiment of several posters i.e  bigger budget .   
How the league has evolved over the last few seasons some clubs have backers putting in £500k and some much more a year .
I would guess Chestnuts feel they have done their bit for the club over the last decade .
history is a key word regards Dennis' achievements. For 2 1/2 years the results and achievements have echoed the fact that Dennis has done a good job. But May 2016 is where that good job stopped. This season has been abysmal. History says we won the NPL 5 times and Conference, but that counts for nothing this season. My point being, you're only as good as you're last few results, and they suck. This season sucks. Whether or not you like the manager, he is in charge, and ultimately he is responsible for today's result. 50 years since we conceded this number of goals in a competative game. If that's good enough for anyone who posts on here, then I'm lost for words. Regarding my budget comments, OK, so we don't have the budget of a lot of clubs in our league, but the drop in quality from last year's players to this year's clearly shows there is a chasm in ability, which can only mean a hugely reduced budget. I agree with your comment saying the Chestnuts would feel they'd done their bit, but please don't lose sight that none if it would have happened without there being a development deal, i.e. the Quadrant. We are a business not hobby club. The Chestnuts wouldnt even be here without that deal. I appreciate there is only so much you can throw at the budget, but surely the crap we are being served this year will turn fans away at and to me they need bringing in, as I'm a great believer that when we are out of town, the gate will drop anyway, so losing more fans now will put even less money in Chestnut pockets further down the line. Time to stop the rot, and either give Dennis a proper budget and accept we're in a bigger budgeted league, get rid of him and bring in a manager who's able to motivate his players better, or, god help us, accept we're sh*t and carry on blindly hoping that we can avoid relegation. Not a good position, whatever you viewpoint is.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2016, 09:46:55 PM »
Couldnt agree more...we will be lucky to avoid relegation this season, results dont lie.  I just hope mr newton spends some significant player money else risk dropping down.

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2016, 10:30:12 PM »
Id like to see a spend but with debt of 1.7m i cant see it...

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2016, 10:31:48 PM »
While we mention monies wheres this 100k a year we are losing as i looked at the last to accounts and see a small loss but only 10% of whats said

jelangley

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2016, 10:44:53 PM »
1.7m in debt???

Bostonshire

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
1.7m in debt???

Thought everyone knew that. 1.7m to chestnut homes. It be the money. Put in to cover club losses, cva repayment etc

Boo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
He was enjoying a pint in the bar at half past one obviously having done everything possible to prepare his team however, I am told he didn't travel on the team bus which seems strange but there we are.

It doesn't look like he travelled on the wagon either.
https://youtu.be/OLiGYuLSl38