Author Topic: Break in service  (Read 2343 times)

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Break in service
« on: November 28, 2016, 11:19:44 AM »
You may have spotted that Patter has been unaccessible for the last day. My host providers 1&1 shut down my webspace as it was under attack by hackers who had apparently managed to upload a bit of malicious software to a obscure corner of one of my sites. It got disabled straight away and I've tightened up the security so hopefully it should be back to normal now. Like they say all the time on train journeys that are delayed nowadays "Sorry for any inconvenience caused". Andy Pickwell suggested on my Twitter feed that perhaps they had just implemented a script that removes all negativity on here. So we should find out soon if they really have. Happy posting. :)

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Break in service
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:24:55 AM »
You may have spotted that Patter has been unaccessible for the last day. My host providers 1&1 shut down my webspace as it was under attack by hackers who had apparently managed to upload a bit of malicious software to a obscure corner of one of my sites. It got disabled straight away and I've tightened up the security so hopefully it should be back to normal now. Like they say all the time on train journeys that are delayed nowadays "Sorry for any inconvenience caused". Andy Pickwell suggested on my Twitter feed that perhaps they had just implemented a script that removes all negativity on here. So we should find out soon if they really have. Happy posting. :)

Thanks Ken ,    Reminded us how we sometimes take your time and effort for granted .   

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
Welcome back ken and thank you for all the work you put in to this site.
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 05:34:59 PM »
Glad you are not advertising an online burglary services