Author Topic: Vs Brackley  (Read 5126 times)

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Vs Brackley
« on: November 12, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »
Stats and form don't mean a thing, so ahead of the game, i'll say well done Dennis, great win for the Pilgrims...why? I'll tell you why...statistically a Brackley win seems very likely...they're unbeaten away in the league this season, we haven't yet won a league game at home on a Saturday this season, and (I'm sure to corrected if I'm wrong) I don't ever remember beating Brackley at home...however, a very soggy afternoon, and what could be a mare of a surface could well be a proverbial leveller, and they've got an eye on a mid-week televised cup replay...so all things considered, the form book will go upside down and we will slug out a victory......😀
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Vs Brackley
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 01:13:36 PM »
A poster on BUFC f/b has been on a stronger dose of happy pills than you TTT.!!!     :)
As of mid-day yesterday looking at the OS we only had 14 players available (subject to no illnesses ) for today , leaving us two players short of a full bench .
Greene then manages to sign a further player only for the above mentioned f/b poster complain about the manager rebuilding the side .
Clearly the poster considered our depleted squad with potentially only 2 outfield players on the bench good enough to beat in form Brackley     .       
Great to see , a big vote of confidence for Greene .

All the same I for one was pleased he has brought in another player to boost the squad .
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:17:32 PM by green hats mate »

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 06:27:52 PM »
Forget about the actual final scoreline. This was a great performance by The Pilgrims for 2/3rds of the game where there really was only one team playing. How Brackley ended up with a win in the end is surprising. Well done DG once more for what must have been a motivational half time team talk. Well done to Harry Vince too - great performance. At the end of the day we are only 12 points off the play offs and, if most of the teams above us (at the moment) have the same jitters as Brackley demonstrated today, we will catch up with the leaders by the end of December. Long way to go yet folks!
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 07:27:41 PM »
Good post BB.
The final score was disappointing  but encouraging signs.

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
I agree. Encouraging signs of team spirit and not giving up. I have to say it's about time. Heads dropped at 33mins and 3 down, but one back before the half time whistle made an enjoyable if ultimately frustrating second half. I don't think we deserved to lose at the end, but one pen went in and one didn't. That's the difference between the defeat and a draw. I thought Dennis showed some balls to chance young Harry Vince at half time, and I don't think he was let down. How Smithy didn't get man of the match is beyond me. Set up the first, won the penno and scored the second. Biggest influence in orange by far again for me.
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 10:12:04 PM »
Brackley scored two goals that should not have stood involving off sides, the linesman down the Spayne road side could not keep up with the play, awful officiating however in that first half we were played off the park.
I am a big fan of young Vince and watch him play in youth matches, He did well and it is good to see youngsters given a chance however did his debut have to be when we loosing 3 - 1 and against a big physical team? well done to the lad who has a big future in the game. Yet again Fairhurst is introduced and proves yet again that he offers nothing to the team. All in all a spirited fight back but it doesn't cover the cracks. See you all at Fylde.  UTP.

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 09:30:19 AM »
If we had played our 2nd half team in the 1st half, I don't think they would've scored three goals, but that's only supposition!

Johnny Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »
great second half performance from United.......having a penalty saved at 1-3 didn't help our cause....how many penaltys have we missed this season?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 05:18:03 PM »
 :-\
great second half performance from United.......having a penalty saved at 1-3 didn't help our cause....how many penaltys have we missed this season?

We have missed 3 or 4 this season.  Personally, I think we could do worse than give our leading scorer the job.  Brackley's keeper can vouch for the fact that it really hurts when you get in the way of a Greg Smith piledriver and I wouldn't be quite as disappointed if a keeper managed to save one of his.

If that penalty had gone in I think we might have gone on to win the game.  Great recovery in the second half.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:28:45 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 10:11:34 AM »
I see they beat Gillingham last night

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 12:24:21 PM »
Apparently Brackley should have wrapped it up in 90mins ,   missed a few chances .