Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 4220 times)

York Street Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Merry Christmas
« on: November 16, 2016, 12:45:30 PM »
With Curzon Ashton progressing in the FA Cup it looks like our home game with them will be postponed. Also we're away in the FA Trophy. Likelihood therefore is we won't play at home again until Boxing Day. That being the case, can I be the first to say "merry Christmas" to those supporters who only attend home matches?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 12:56:16 PM »
With Curzon Ashton progressing in the FA Cup it looks like our home game with them will be postponed. Also we're away in the FA Trophy. Likelihood therefore is we won't play at home again until Boxing Day. That being the case, can I be the first to say "merry Christmas" to those supporters who only attend home matches?

Curzon game definitely postponed - the club (or Craig, can't recall which account it was) tweeted it yesterday.

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
If we win our first trophy match the next round is Dec 10th, hopefully we'll get that far and hopefully it'll be at home

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:17:44 PM »

Curzon game definitely postponed - the club (or Craig, can't recall which account it was) tweeted it yesterday.
Bearing this in mind, with our next league game at home vs Gainsboro on Boxing Day, which is a Monday, the next home league game on a Saturday is 7th January vs Stockport. As we haven't yet won a league match at home on a Saturday this season, this would be an amazing 260 days since our last home league victory on a Saturday, should we win! The previous one being vs Nuneaton last April 23rd 2-1. :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:04:00 PM by The Third Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:16:03 PM »
With an extra midweek home game I'll struggle to get to. It means my Town End season ticket will only have been used for 2/3 of the season.
We'll get moved for Darlington and Stockport. We got moved for FCUM/Halifax and I couldn't attend Bradford, Alfreton and possibly Curzon.... 7 games out of 21 league homes.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »
With an extra midweek home game I'll struggle to get to. It means my Town End season ticket will only have been used for 2/3 of the season.
We'll get moved for Darlington and Stockport. We got moved for FCUM/Halifax and I couldn't attend Bradford, Alfreton and possibly Curzon.... 7 games out of 21 league homes.

Surely you get access to Spayne Rd terrace for the  Darlington , Stockport , FCUM and Halifax games !!!!     This is due to ground safety ,  sad , but then surely it is a small sacrifice to make .     

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »
Maybe they might rearrange another fixture for 3rd Dec ?

Ken Fox

• Administrator
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 08:35:45 AM »
Maybe they might rearrange another fixture for 3rd Dec ?

Looks like Stalybridge and Chorely are also without fixtures on that date as their scheduled opponents are also still in the FA Cup (Brackley & Halifax respectively). So could be good to bring the home game against Chorley forward as that also frees up 14th January which is the FA Trophy 2nd round proper date.

Ferret

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »
OS is showing away at Stalybridge for that date now.........

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 12:30:57 PM »
Curzon Ashton at YS Tues Dec  20th .