Author Topic: New ground update.  (Read 18854 times)

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
New ground update.
« on: November 14, 2016, 09:08:03 PM »
I've googled it and I can't find any new info.

I see the roundabout is complete.

There doesn't seem to be any info on the ground work starting in the public domain or on the o/s site, Google or the this forum.

Any body know any thing about the progress or lack of progress.

Thanks

Richie.

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
Re: New ground update.
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 06:50:04 PM »
203 views and no replies. In guessing no one knows.

Ed Kandi

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 07:52:17 PM »
I had a similar response Richie, no news is good news hopefully  :police:

Richie..p

• Numbskulls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:14:47 PM »
I appreciate that if no one has need then they can't comment. Its just gone a bit quiet.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 06:56:52 AM »
New stadium must be a matter of weeks away from construction starting, surely? New roundabout and road in place and road sign (which had been partly showing) is up.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
I'd be surprised (but I hope I'm wrong) if construction got underway this close to the Christmas shutdown.

With that in mind, and let's say construction is now deferred to, say, January/February, does that make the build officially behind schedule? Was a schedule ever published?

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 04:44:34 PM »
Looks like the sign to the new ground is now permanently uncovered at the roundabout at Wyberton. I know it is difficult but we must try to forget about the so called on field issues. The main part of the BUFC/Chestnuts business is in full swing! We should all be looking forward to the 2018-19 season at the new venue regardless of what league we are playing in - which, technically, could be anything from League Two to NPL Div 1 (North)!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:12:26 PM by Burgh Boy »
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 08:05:43 PM »
2018/19? So where are we finishing the 17/18 season at, considering the York Street lease runs until January 2018?
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 08:36:17 PM »
Could be groundsharing at FC if there's no ground ready?

SMELLS LIKE VICTORY

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 08:46:59 PM »

Easy:
We play all our home games before Christmas.
Then all our away games after Christmas.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:38 PM »
Could be groundsharing at FC if there's no ground ready?

Do we have the money to pay for it to be upgraded, to use it for just a few months?

It's more likely we move into the new ground with 2 stands, while the othe 2 are being finished.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
2018/19? So where are we finishing the 17/18 season at, considering the York Street lease runs until January 2018?

Great Scot (pardon the pun)! You don't say? I was referring to the first full season but now that you have brought it up - I'm not really sure where we would play for half a season. If we were relegated this season, would Tattershall Road meet NPL standards? Is Tattershall Road up to Conference North requirements for a temporary basis only?

Pete Brooksbank

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 01:10:54 PM »
I'm sure a modest lease extension could be agreed if need be. It's in nobody's interests to kick the football club out if there's an overrun of a few months or so. The Malkinsons will still get their cash for the land in the long run, it would be pretty callous of them to force the club into utter turmoil for the sake of 3-6 months.

That said, if anything happens to derail the stadium project for longer than that then it would admittedly be a little more problematic.

Not that I know the Malkies, of course, but I'd hope common sense would prevail...

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 03:07:15 PM »
Agree Pete. If, the lease does run out January 2018 as our knowledgeable friend advises, it is pure common sense that a small 3-4 month lease extension could be negotiated between the freeholders and current leaseholders. However, if there is an unforeseen delay in the construction of the new stadium, then that would create an issue.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2016, 07:47:28 PM »
That lease extension would have to be in place for the start of the 2017/18 season, as you are required to have residency of a stadium for a full season to be allowed to play at this level (not sure about the level below).