Author Topic: Well done Dennis and his team  (Read 5803 times)

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Well done Dennis and his team
« on: November 05, 2016, 06:26:13 PM »
Well done BUFC.  Got the job done today at Telford. 
United we stand..................

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Well done Dennis and his team
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »
Dennis is the main man, well played DG  8)
Excellent result! 8) 8)

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 07:51:01 PM »
I've slated Den in the past after some terrible defeats, but i am also happy to give praise also when the right calls are made, such as was proved today in the changes. We still have a long way to go, as apparently from those that went Telford were poor. But we do seem to be playing a lot better recently given the poor start. 

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 10:13:04 PM »
I've slated Den in the past after some terrible defeats, but i am also happy to give praise also when the right calls are made, such as was proved today in the changes. We still have a long way to go, as apparently from those that went Telford were poor. But we do seem to be playing a lot better recently given the poor start.

I don't recall you ever doing anything else but sing the managers praise but I don't knock you for that. You say you are happy to give praise when the calls are made such as were proved today in the changes. One change didn't need to happen ie; Smith should have been on from the start and not the waste of space who was picked before him. Suddenly at 1-1 we don't need a mid field and Hillyard and Chipendale are subbed for two defenders and we immediately come under pressure. Now it's time to have a go at their manager as they had a man sent off he pushed his side forward for a winner regardless instead of saying I will take the one point. The best player we have Jay Rollins then caught them out to brilliantly to break to the edge of the box and send the most beautiful pin point cross to Smithy to slam in the winner, don't think any other forward we have would have got on the end of that. So, well done lads a great win and it was a pleasure to cheer you off the field.
I must say that I went on the BUSSA bus and what a great bunch they are ( already booked for Fylde ) lovely to sit back in comfort and be served coffee at 40p and snacks by a lady who walked all the way there and back making the trip a real pleasure Thank you Jan. If you want to go to an away game this is the way to travel, join BUSSA help the club and support the lads.

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 10:31:14 PM »

I don't recall you ever doing anything else but sing the managers praise but I don't knock you for that. You say you are happy to give praise when the calls are made such as were proved today in the changes. One change didn't need to happen ie; Smith should have been on from the start and not the waste of space who was picked before him. Suddenly at 1-1 we don't need a mid field and Hillyard and Chipendale are subbed for two defenders and we immediately come under pressure. Now it's time to have a go at their manager as they had a man sent off he pushed his side forward for a winner regardless instead of saying I will take the one point. The best player we have Jay Rollins then caught them out to brilliantly to break to the edge of the box and send the most beautiful pin point cross to Smithy to slam in the winner, don't think any other forward we have would have got on the end of that. So, well done lads a great win and it was a pleasure to cheer you off the field.
I must say that I went on the BUSSA bus and what a great bunch they are ( already booked for Fylde ) lovely to sit back in comfort and be served coffee at 40p and snacks by a lady who walked all the way there and back making the trip a real pleasure Thank you Jan. If you want to go to an away game this is the way to travel, join BUSSA help the club and support the lads.

BUSA do a great job, fantastic servants to the club and a cracking bunch. Yeah trust me, after some terrible results over these last few seasons even i have made the odd negative comment about the players or manager. This years cup defeat and i was even saying maybe it's time for a change. 

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 07:57:12 AM »
Well done DG and the team. Onwards and upwards to the play off zone by end of season. 

Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 10:43:25 AM »
Excellent video with commentary on AFC Telford website.  For some strange reason marked AFC Telford v Burton United.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 10:46:08 AM by Cavalier »

shorty2kuk

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2016, 10:55:10 AM »
Excellent video with commentary on AFC Telford website.  For some strange reason marked AFC Telford v Burton United.

Good to see gregg smith score both goals and change race between the goals

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 11:37:01 AM »
Oxo, make sure you get your tickets for Fylde in advance.... Jan or anyone BUSA related) why not include a match ticket as part of the deal which is given on the coach to save people the hassle of printing them off and queueing?

Mick lawson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 12:34:05 PM »
Missed my first game for over 3 years home or away due to an injury funny enough got in the game between the youth team and the walking football team. Hope to be OK for next week's home game. After watching the highlights on the Telford website it was good to see us get a result against a physical side which we don't often do. Pleased for Greg Smith to get the rewards his performances deserved. Hope to be able to go next weekend and see a continuing improvement. P. S. Thanks to all those asking about me yesterday hope to see you all again next week. Lastly I havnt always seen eye to eye with Dennis but would like to say well done to him and bunny.