Author Topic: Good on ya Den.  (Read 23215 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good on ya Den.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2016, 07:57:24 PM »
Tbh there are few "voices of reason" on there.
But like at the games empty kettles make the most noise

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 07:59:15 PM »
More debt?

What's yr agenda?

Inuendo in virtually all your posts.  It doesn't matter who the manager is you have a dig.  Do you actually support Boston United?

You state that 73% want Greene out?
How do you arrive at this figure?
It's a poll on the Secret Facebook site.
Don't look at it....if you are feeling slightly depressed it may tip you over the edge.
Some old enough to know better and kids piping up...

On the more debt question
Will it directly affect any posters on here...or the fb page??
It's unbelievable. ..one says DN must throw more ££ at it and another questions the debt.
My Steering Committee idea really does need addressing :)

So a secret Facebook group - I wonder if it was started by one of the "Green Outers"?   It's a wonder the vote wasn't 100% out.

How pathetic.

It was started quite a while ago, before anything took off regarding DG and his outburts against fans. It's not pathetic to discuss your club - you're doing the same on here!
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

worldwide

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2016, 12:23:25 AM »
More debt?

What's yr agenda?

Inuendo in virtually all your posts.  It doesn't matter who the manager is you have a dig.  Do you actually support Boston United?

You state that 73% want Greene out?
How do you arrive at this figure?
It's a poll on the Secret Facebook site.
Don't look at it....if you are feeling slightly depressed it may tip you over the edge.
Some old enough to know better and kids piping up...

On the more debt question
Will it directly affect any posters on here...or the fb page??
It's unbelievable. ..one says DN must throw more ££ at it and another questions the debt.
My Steering Committee idea really does need addressing :)

So a secret Facebook group - I wonder if it was started by one of the "Green Outers"?   It's a wonder the vote wasn't 100% out.

How pathetic.

It was started quite a while ago, before anything took off regarding DG and his outburts against fans. It's not pathetic to discuss your club - you're doing the same on here!

I was referring to the 73% vote not the fact that discussions on Boston Utd take place.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2016, 09:27:30 AM »
Just  had a peek at BUFC facebook ,   a couple of additions caught my eye.
1  . Commenting on the Liam Agnew injury update item inspired someone to conclude Greene out ,
      Is it Greene going round hacking these injured players .?

2.  A prolific poster who has delivered a load of gems over the last few days has topped them all by
     declaring that NEWTON IS CLUELESS .   
     Surely he has a friend who reads his comments who will explain to him what an idiotic comment this.
     Them again am I underestimating to this guy ,  is he a billionaire prepared to sink millions into the
     club?

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2016, 10:02:48 AM »
Surely...they deserve the tag Knobheads??

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2016, 10:55:11 AM »
Surely...they deserve the tag Knobheads??

Yes....but let us think it and not say it!
United we stand..................

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2016, 11:12:27 AM »
1  . Commenting on the Liam Agnew injury update item inspired someone to conclude Greene out ,

2.  A prolific poster who has delivered a load of gems over the last few days has topped them all by
     Surely he has a friend who reads his comments who will explain to him what an idiotic comment this.
     Them again am I underestimating to this guy ,  is he a billionaire prepared to sink millions into the
     club?

I must have missed that one. Who stated that about our chairman ?  Mr Newton is far from clueless, he is the saviour of this club, without him we would have been watching a AFC United of Boston for the last few years. Some of our fans knock other clubs for 'letting their club's die' and reforming under these sort of banners,  so be careful what you wish for when slating the chairman.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2016, 03:33:49 PM »

club?

I must have missed that one. Who stated that about our chairman ?  Mr Newton is far from clueless, he is the saviour of this club, without him we would have been watching a AFC United of Boston for the last few years. Some of our fans knock other clubs for 'letting their club's die' and reforming under these sort of banners,  so be careful what you wish for when slating the chairman.

[/quote]

You are very wrong, without David there would not have been a AFC United of Boston it would have been the end of any form of Boston United and I know what I am talking about. We owe him and Neil for having a club to support so lets all show our thanks by supporting the club regardless of our own personal views about the manager and some of the players. And yes I will give my opinions on performances as usual be they good or bad.   UTP.

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2016, 05:33:25 PM »
Just to be clear and before this gets misrepresented further, GHM started by giving examples of stupid postings made on Facebook.

howmanynames2pick went on to describe these posters (but I won't repeat the terminology).

No-one in their right mind would dream of making disparaging comments about the Chairman after all he has done for the club.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:36:00 PM by Cavalier »
United we stand..................

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2016, 05:37:44 PM »
Was I in the right area Cavalier ? :)
I just read these things and my head drops and shakes slowly from side to side...it beggars belief at times.

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2016, 05:14:18 PM »
Another one from F/B.

"We are Boston United ,  we screw our fans ".

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2016, 06:32:06 PM »
   Have just checked out Nuneaton FC "Boro Chat/Facebook page. It leads with a pinned post "Abusive comments will not be tolerated on here. This forum is for discussing Boro stuff. If you cant do that without abusing another poster,player,referee,member of staff, then don't post it. Its not actually that hard. Thanks."         Perhaps this is a guideline that the club should adopt on the BUFC Facebook page too?

joshb

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2016, 07:03:04 PM »
Another one from F/B.

We do though.
No incentives to get extra fans into home games or the Non League Days
No travel incentives (the Ferriby cheap buses were the only ones I've come across since Marine/BPA in 2010)
Move our fans from the best part of the ground at the first hint of more than a couple hundred away fans (one exception)
Just expect the same 1000 or so to pay up every season and put up with whatever is served up.
Very limited use of the press and social media to advertise the club and its events and any information (BUSA info, the Fylde ticketing fiasco)
No presence at arguably the regions premier market twice a week when the ground is relatively out of the way for most townspeople

Even Gainsborough are ahead of us in this area for crying out loud and they're in 1964

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2016, 08:22:47 PM »
Another one from F/B.

We do though.
No travel incentives (the Ferriby cheap buses were the only ones I've come across since Marine/BPA in 2010)
Move our fans from the best part of the ground at the first hint of more than a couple hundred away fans (one exception)
Just expect the same 1000 or so to pay up every season and put up with whatever is served up.
Very limited use of the press and social media to advertise the club and its events and any information (BUSA info, the Fylde ticketing fiasco)
No presence at arguably the regions premier market twice a week when the ground is relatively out of the way for most townspeople

Even Gainsborough are ahead of us in this area for crying out loud and they're in 1964

Another one from F/B.

We do though.

The above response lacking thought and logic is typical of  many posts on BUFC face book.
Failing to offer incentives to people who do not attend matches is not "screwing " regular fans , in reality it is refraining from subsidizing the freeloaders . 
How would you suggest the club can guarantee to assemble a team that are successful ?
.(every club in the country is waiting for the answer to that one .)

Limited use of media ?   don,t see that ,  Standard, Target , Radio , Bufc facebook and club web site ,  what to you want it in the Daily Sport and Daily Star as well .?  8)    With Craigs sterling work I consider the comments out of order .    The Fylde comments seem common on other club forums .

No presence in the market place ?  good God Josh you make Gainsboro look ultra modern , even my pal Steelihat has an Ipad , computer and a big screen on his toilet wall .  keep up .

What would you do if there was a possibility of 200/250 visiting fans . ?   Ignore the advice of the Ground Safety Committee and Lincs Police and put them in YS end .
Would your employer tell H & SAFETY to go away if visited place of work , and ignore their recommendations .?
No evidence as I can see in your comments that can in any way leave the club open to allegations of "screwing the fans",  only evidence that some expect Chestnuts to keep dipping further into there pockets .
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:26:52 PM by green hats mate »

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2016, 08:45:24 PM »
Spot on answer GSM. ...however I do feel improvements could be made. The whole mood at the club seems to have changed since JB went  (this is a personal opinion )

Joshb is a great supporter of the club...I'm sure his ideas would be welcomed if presented correctly..

I'm not sure of the benefits of the marketplace idea...plus who would man it??
I was at Chris Cook Print the other day and he was doing posters  (probably out his own pocket )
Maybe if we took a few and asked our local shops to display them??....tbh I'm as guilty as the next guy for not taking one.