Author Topic: Good on ya Den.  (Read 23217 times)

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Good on ya Den.
« on: October 24, 2016, 05:07:45 PM »
Pleased to hear you're staying.  ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good on ya Den.
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 05:36:02 PM »
A real lift in morale for all except the moaners who seem destined losers .    Three consecutive seasons predicting failure turned out incorrect .  Determination to remove DG ends in failure , which indicates that the directors have full confidence in Greene .
A very very big ask but lets hope Den reaches a top 6 position to leave his record intact and the moaners yet again in tatters.

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 05:56:29 PM »
Here, here, now lets get back to normality.  ;)
America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
When Confronted By A Difficult Problem, You Can Solve It More Easily By Reducing It To The Question, "How Would The Lone Ranger Have Handled This?

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 06:01:56 PM »
I don't actually mind if we're not top 6 this season. Priority for the Club (Business) this year will be to get the new ground sorted out. I could never see the Chestnuts throwing money into the playing budget this year. Mid table will be fine for those running the show but of course it is always difficult to please the Premier League mentality fans who call for a managerial change as soon as the team is out of the top 10.

At the end of the day, taking everything into account in 2016, we're probably at about the right level as a football club.

TEP

Ernie100

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
Let's get to the new stadium, shot of the rent for York Street, and then see how we fare, should be a bit more cash to go towards better players.

oxo

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 06:22:21 PM »
The decision has been made at meeting with David Newton which is as it should be. I have total respect and trust in our chairman and as it is he who has brought about this outcome I fully accept it and hope the club can move on in a positive manner. I have been a critic over the last few months but that criticism has been of the players either not putting in the effort or not being capable to perform at this level. I have never shouted abuse of any kind at the manager and am still bewildered why he should want to confront me the way he did.
I will keep my personal thoughts to myself and carry on supporting my team and hope all other issues can be consigned to the past.  UTP   

lonegunman

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 06:23:10 PM »
Well said Ernie.
Mind you, if and when we get moved and we're not that cracking, the club can't say, 'the rent is crippling us'  :dan
Oscar Wilde

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 09:04:43 PM »
A real lift in morale for all except the moaners who seem destined losers .    Three consecutive seasons predicting failure turned out incorrect .  Determination to remove DG ends in failure , which indicates that the directors have full confidence in Greene .
A very very big ask but lets hope Den reaches a top 6 position to leave his record intact and the moaners yet again in tatters.
I would like say that not everyone with a more negative view is a moaner or loser. I have never been Den's biggest fan. I have never hidden thst opinion, but I respect the fact that not everyone thinks the same way. I may have a different view to you, but that doesn't mean I have to conform to a majority, shut up, or change my opinion. Despite it, I hope for the good of the club that the ship steadies and things move positively on. But please, not everyone who thinks differently is a moaner or loser. Some people just think differently.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:15:45 PM by The Evil Twin »
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 09:40:52 PM »
I would like say that not everyone with a more negative view is a moaner or loser. I have never been Den's biggest fan. I have never hidden thst opinion, but I respect the fact that not everyone thinks the same way. I may have a different view to you, but that doesn't mean I have to conform to a majority, shut up, or change my opinion. Despite it, I hope for the good of the club that the ship steadies and things move positively on. But please, not everyone who thinks differently is a moaner or loser. Some people just think differently.

Sorry ET , did,nt notice you predicted gloom on above mentioned predictions , your not all gloom , often you bring sunshine to Patter  :)

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
Let's get to the new stadium, shot of the rent for York Street, and then see how we fare, should be a bit more cash to go towards better players.
70 grand extra from the rent but 100 grand down from Chestnuts? Looks like we are 30 grand down

Cousin Jack

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:16:17 PM »
       Very pleased that DG has decided to remain at the club. Please Dennis, ignore the pitchside ranters in future - they are a tiny minority and do not represent the views of most supporters.  Also had a first (and probably last) look at BUFC facebook comments today, surprised by the rancour of some of the posts, which would upset anyone I guess.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 10:30:52 PM »
Have another look! 73% want him out

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 10:44:21 PM »

Sorry ET , did,nt notice you predicted gloom on above mentioned predictions , your not all gloom , often you bring sunshine to Patter  :)
a ray of sunshine, then....there's always someone worse off. Ferriby have lost 10 of their last 11 and scored only once in that time....it couldn't happen to a better club.🙌
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 11:01:36 PM »
Have another look! 73% want him out
"want him out"..........in exchange for what?
i cannot recall a positive post about the club KON....i just dont get how you and others seem to enjoy seeing the club struggle...
moaning players arent good enough and to get rid of them
complaining because we use too many players.
Just what has David Newton got to do to brighten your world?
surely its more than just accepting DG's resignation??

Crazy Neil

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
I asked someone to give me a name if Den had gone,he came back with the same two names all the Den haters do, Lee Sinnot and Rob Scott .. Neither would be welcome at YS but if that is the route the Den haters want then we are doomed again.. I for one am pleased the Chairman and Den sorted it out with a chat and yes,I messaged Den yesterday and told him to ignore the haters. They are only heard as they stand together whereas those that are behind Den are scattered around the ground,we need to get into one area and drown the haters voices.