Author Topic: Boston United Steering Committee  (Read 4905 times)

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
Boston United Steering Committee
« on: October 24, 2016, 03:26:16 PM »
Would it be possible for those who come to the games and complain (team selection, tactics, motivation etc) to form a committee to assist the next manager?
My estimate is there are  about 12 hardcore moaners who's football knowledge may well be useful to the next incumbent.
Maybe they could split into smaller groups ie scouting and recruitment, PR, management and training??
There is a real division at the club at the moment be it  anti DG, anti CE, use of Town End ...
there is a lot of negativity about ....maybe if DG goes the clouds will part and the sun will shine and we will all live happily ever after

Tipps End Pilgrim

• Veteran Member
  • Get Off My Land ! ....
    • View Profile
Re: Boston United Steering Committee
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:56:24 PM »
The big ranter in the stand on Saturday wants to see improvements on last season - an unrealistic expectation in my view (surely a Club cannot improve every season? - sometimes you do fall behind the competition for whatever reasons). I think this particular ranter would benefit more from taking some counselling on how to channel his aggression and think about how he conducts himself in front of some of the younger, more impressionable fans that were in close proximity on that day.

So I don't think he is ready for a Steering Committee at this stage. It may have to run with 11 individuals.

TEP

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 04:45:51 PM »
DG is staying , but I reckon regular football forums would be good

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »

Don,t know if you,ve been to past forums mike , I have and will carry on going to them .
The only disappointment for me is the club cocks it up by arranging it on the night the moaners wash their hair . :)
They never turn up to make their complaints to directors or manager .

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »

Don,t know if you,ve been to past forums mike , I have and will carry on going to them .
The only disappointment for me is the club cocks it up by arranging it on the night the moaners wash their hair . :)
They never turn up to make their complaints to directors or manager .

Spot on Pete. I like you attend when we have one and ask any question/issues I have.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

Winging It

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 09:19:27 PM »
The big ranter in the stand on Saturday wants to see improvements on last season - an unrealistic expectation in my view (surely a Club cannot improve every season? - sometimes you do fall behind the competition for whatever reasons). I think this particular ranter would benefit more from taking some counselling on how to channel his aggression and think about how he conducts himself in front of some of the younger, more impressionable fans that were in close proximity on that day.

So I don't think he is ready for a Steering Committee at this stage. It may have to run with 11 individuals.

TEP

LOL,  maybe we should all run the rule over the other 11 individuals. So, who do we start with....  :police:  ;D

Also, who will fill what roles.  After all, we've seen the post's about ground staff not up to it, admin and book keeping not up to it, building contractors not up to it, advertising is not happening, managers not making sure players run up to the town end and congratulate them on a spiffing job, food too expensive, programme too expensive, sport's bar is not run correctly, nobody is scouting...apparently.  Have i left anything out ?

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:06 PM »

TEP

LOL,  maybe we should all run the rule over the other 11 individuals. So, who do we start with....  :police:  ;D

Also, who will fill what roles.  After all, we've seen the post's about ground staff not up to it, admin and book keeping not up to it, building contractors not up to it, advertising is not happening, managers not making sure players run up to the town end and congratulate them on a spiffing job, food too expensive, programme too expensive, sport's bar is not run correctly, nobody is scouting...apparently.  Have i left anything out ?

Pot holes in the car park and bird shit on my seat :laugh:

The Third Twin

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 10:39:56 PM »

TEP

what about....better stickers for season ticket seats? Mine's peeled off already!
He who would valiant be , 'gainst all disaster.
Let him in constancy follow the master.
There's no discouragement shall make him once relent
His first avowed intent, to be a Pilgrim.

John Bunyan, 1684

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2016, 11:07:28 PM »
link=topic=6521.msg90601#msg90601 date=1477428486]
The big ranter in the stand on Saturday wants to see improvements on last season - an unrealistic expectation in my view (surely a Club cannot improve every season? - sometimes you do fall behind the competition for whatever reasons). I think this particular ranter would benefit more from taking some counselling on how to channel his aggression and think about how he conducts himself in front of some of the younger, more impressionable fans that were in

what about....better stickers for season ticket seats? Mine's peeled off already!
[/quote]
I didn't get one....