Author Topic: Greene considering future  (Read 26899 times)

Tash

• Veteran Member
  • BUFC
    • View Profile
    • Addisons
Re: Greene considering future
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
Steve Evans is without a job at present...... .

And that remains the case no matter what happens at BUFC

Plenty available here......http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik.
IWJLTSTSPFKARIADASICR

father Ted

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2016, 09:03:00 AM »
Theres a good few Scots there ..

Lee Newell

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »
I hope Dennis reads this thread (and the other with the subject 'Vile') and sees that the majority of fans want him to stay and are backing him.

Some of the mentioned people that are calling for Dennis to go gave the same treatment to past managers, Drury, Taylor, Lee, Evans and Thompson all got this treatment after losing a match or 2. I remember Thompson in a similar situation at this time of year after an indifferent start, then the Chairman persuaded him to stay and things moved forward.

We have to acknowledge that we've had rotten luck with injuries this season that would have affected any team had they had some many key players out injured. A real shame to see Agnew added to the injury list, he's a quality player and we'll miss him. Results have picked up since he came back.

I thought Halifax were one of the better sides that have come to York Street this season. However, I don't think we handled Denton well on the day, looks like there was a plan on for him but it didn't work well. There was clearly some positives though, we didn't give up when we were losing, getting it back to 2-1 then trying to go for the equaliser but got caught short in defence on the break and Halifax took there last to goals well with 2 very well taken goals. Though the left back looked good and has strengthened defence, but errors again for other defenders cost us goals.

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2016, 09:25:01 AM »
Ev*ns is a possibility for the MK Dons job - a match made in hell.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

http://bufm.co.uk/

howmanynames2pick

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
I hope Dennis reads this thread (and the other with the subject 'Vile') and sees that the majority of fans want him to stay and are backing him.

Some of the mentioned people that are calling for Dennis to go gave the same treatment to past managers, Drury, Taylor, Lee, Evans and Thompson all got this treatment after losing a match or 2. I remember Thompson in a similar situation at this time of year after an indifferent start, then the Chairman persuaded him to stay and things moved forward.

We have to acknowledge that we've had rotten luck with injuries this season that would have affected any team had they had some many key players out injured. A real shame to see Agnew added to the injury list, he's a quality player and we'll miss him. Results have picked up since he came back.

I thought Halifax were one of the better sides that have come to York Street this season. However, I don't think we handled Denton well on the day, looks like there was a plan on for him but it didn't work well. There was clearly some positives though, we didn't give up when we were losing, getting it back to 2-1 then trying to go for the equaliser but got caught short in defence on the break and Halifax took there last to goals well with 2 very well taken goals. Though the left back looked good and has strengthened defence, but errors again for other defenders cost us goals.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2016, 11:19:39 AM »
Taylor,Lee and Thompson were good managers and also nice people off the pitch.More than I can say for some!!!!!

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2016, 11:25:34 AM »

I think its clear that Patter posters are mainly with you on this Lee,  we reflect on what a difficult job it is for a manager recruiting players to play in a Lincolnshire outpost and the big problems not of his own making that have confronted DG this season .

green hats mate

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2016, 11:30:50 AM »
Taylor,Lee and Thompson were good managers and also nice people off the pitch.More than I can say for some!!!!!

Yes and the same people who abuse DG abused them .   It has to be said TT and JL record was not a patch on Green,s but nonetheless no excuse for the vile slung at Tommy and Jason .

Dipdodah

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2016, 12:26:45 PM »

Yes and the same people who abuse DG abused them .   It has to be said TT and JL record was not a patch on Green,s but nonetheless no excuse for the vile slung at Tommy and Jason .

I agree, okay this is possibly the worst team I have seen in the last few years, but we do not know all the facts.

How many players did DG try to sign and was turned down?

What is the playing budget?

And what was Smith doing on Saturday?  He seemed uninterested all match, possibly our best player was never in the match.
The older I get, the earlier it gets late

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2016, 12:54:55 PM »

Taylor did well first season, but couldn't motivate the squad in the level below so rightly got sacked. Jason Lee was mediocre - we played good football, but didn't get the results. Neil Thompson - another one who did well in adversity (siege mentality?), but wasn't able to take us to the next level (mid-table).

None of them will appear on a list of greatest ever BUFC managers. Greene may do, because of our consistent high-placed finishes.
I create YouTube videos (BUFC/FM/CM 01-02), and stream Football Manager on Twitch as BostonUnitedFM.

Burgh Boy

• Veteran Member
  • Norwich United 1903-2023. Thanks for the memories.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2016, 01:17:43 PM »
Unless anyone knows any different, I think we can now safely assume with the lack of an announcement from the club, that DG is staying on! Roll on Saturday. On the positive side, we are only 11 points from the play off zone with most of the teams above us quite beatable. The season has another 6 full months to run so achieving 5th place is still well within our grasp.
Alan Partridge: "I bet I've got more friends than you've got cows. How many cows have you got?"
Farmer: "I've got 100 cows."
AP: "Well, I've got 104 friends!"

Pilgrim86

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2016, 02:18:59 PM »
I think we can now safely assume with the lack of an announcement from the club, that DG is staying on!

Really? It's probable that DN and DG are meeting up to discuss the future today or tomorrow (before training tomorrow night). DG didn't hang around long on Saturday.

kingofnaves

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2016, 02:27:37 PM »
Do you think Den will go to Grimsby?

Cavalier

• Veteran Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »
I want DG to stay.

How on earth could he have foreseen the catalogue of injuries we have had.  This on top of completely rebuilding the team, not because the previous one was not good enough, but because he had improved several players so they were ready to go higher.  Our geographical position and lack of funds compared to many of our rivals make it more difficult to attract quality players, yet DG's record has been impressive.  Six league games without defeat go unmentioned by the detractors, but they come out with abuse when we lose to a match.
United we stand..................

mike brolly boots

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2016, 02:50:24 PM »
Do you think Den will go to Grimsby?

Was thinking the same